• 3 or less

Votes: 18 6.7%

Louisville - USA

33K views 208 replies 135 participants last post by  New Yorker25 
#1 · (Edited)
Population 1,200,000 metro area

See less See more
#6 ·
im sure it's a nice city and i dont know what to vote yet.. bu the domed building bothers me.. i know, i know its weird.. it just does.. i don't like the ay they look.. this one , the one innorth carolina and the other one in the usa wherever it is.. it turns me off from the rest of the skyline in a way.. im not a freak though you probnably all think i am some odd ball.. hmm ok sorry for the post ... 5/10

#23 ·
NewEnglander said:
P.S. Any plans to get rid of the freeway between downtown and the river?!??!!!????
There were some preliminary discussions in the mid '90's to reroute the expressway South of downtown. It was decided that this would be too expensive and destroy even more historical buildings. Instead, the city invested millions into a park which is actually built partially underneath the expressway (just off to the East). This works well because on hot days you can park your car in the shade of the elevated expressway!

The park is also a success with the way it blends with the expressway. The freeway is like a kinetic sculpture that has been wrapped around a green oasis. It sounds strange but when standing at the river, the distant humm of vehicles almost sounds "relaxing" like the constant sound of a stream or waterfall. Whereas many city parks try to block out urbanity, this one blends seamlessly with it.

I'll try to get some pics soon.

G
#26 ·
Yaeh Cardpooch! How bout them 6's and 7's now folks? Waterfront Park Place has to make it at least a 7 easy huh!? The 18 story Mariott is topped out now. The 15 story Frazer rehab center is just starting to reach the sky. I'm gona give the ole home town an 8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.