SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 303 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the new project of high rise building in Paris by Herzog and De Meuron. The property developer is Unibail Rodamco. It will be a 180m pyramid-shaped tower for only 13m in thickness . This tower will be located in the 15th arrondissement and will be perpendicular to the ring road surrounding Paris.

The tower is scheduled for completion in 2012.

UPDATE : The last renders available as of the end of september 2012 (found by Jex 7844)

'Tour TRIANGLE'

What a great looking tower for Paris :banana:

Nice tower! It's a one-of-a-kind!

WOW what a nice tower. We don´t have that often towers that looks totaly different from two perspectives. On the second last picture in the first post it looks like a normal pyramid, but on the last pic in the same post it looks like a "normal" futuristic shaped tower. The wavy shape of the sides of the building reminds me to Chicago´s aqua bldg. The diagonal lines adds well into the design. Would be cool if they could build it with the same translucent effect like shown on the second pic in the first post.

The design is very futuristic indeed, though i personally don't really like pyramid-shaped highrises like that...
I'd say that highrises could and should be built inside the city limits of Paris again, though only if they don't interfere with historical buildings (like the ones on this pic:http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/file/565643.jpg) , and if they aren't built too close to monuments or other buildings of historical importance (e.g Tour Eiffel, Elysee, and the Louvre)

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Some new pictures:

1 - 20 of 303 Posts