SkyscraperCity Forum banner

China masterplanning madness

63K views 394 replies 145 participants last post by  ningxiard 
#1 ·
There isn't almost any important city in China without a huge masterplan for its own CBD!

BEIJING

Beyond 2008 proposals

CHONGQING

Yuzhong peninsula

Chaotianmen

Chuanjiang Fanying Area (98f, 398m, u/c)

Another Business Area

SHANGHAI

Lujiazui CBD

Hongqiao

Nanjing Lu

North Bund Area

Lingang

Dongtan Eco City

GUANGZHOU

Tianhe CBD

HANGZHOU

Qianjiang CBD

NANNING

Xiangsihu CBD

NINGBO
Jiang Dong CBD, includes a twin towers of 432m

SHENYANG

SHENZHEN

New CBD

SUZHOU

TIANJIN

New CBD

Binhai New Area. This area is officially called to be the third economical pole of China together with Shenzhen and Pudong

WENZHOU

WUHAN

WUXI

Lake Front CBD

ZHENGZHOU

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't be so proud of all this. I mean, really amazing! But very kitsch, this is only an opinion and it's ok what others think.
It is not an opinion the condition of construction workers and many others in China. All these buildings are the symbol of the churlish Country of repression which doesn't even know what democracy is and doesn't consider at all civil and human rights. I would be ashamed
Please note that unfortunately this is not an opinion but a fact.
Here are 2 links 4 those who seem to live in another world and don't even consider all this. You can find thousands.

http://hrichina.org/public/contents/article?revision_id=26845&item_id=26787

http://www.buyhard.fsnet.co.uk/workers_rights.htm

#356 ·
China has a superb human rights record if you compare it to a "democratic" American one..

1. Occupation of Phillipines & Caribbean
2. Dresden massacre
3. Hiroshima & Nagasaki
4. North Korea
5. Cuba
6. Vietnam
7. Nicaragua contras (and largely all of South America)
8. Palestine (via Israel)
9. Serbia
10. Iraq & Afghanistan

Death toll that is making the Nazis look like minor criminals, and you're talking about human rights? Keep your mouth how it was intended to be... CLOSED!

Also, the economy that is supported by forcing other countries trade goods (including oil) in US dollars... not so democratic, is it?

Good for China!!! Glad to see awesome developments

#3 ·
imagine all clusters/skyscrapers in one city :D

#4 ·
man101 said:
I wouldn't be so proud of all this. I mean, really amazing! But very kitsch, this is only an opinion and it's ok what others think.
It is not an opinion the condition of construction workers and many others in China. All these buildings are the symbol of the churlish Country of repression which doesn't even know what democracy is and doesn't consider at all civil and human rights. I would be ashamed
Here are 2 links 4 those who seem to live in another world and don't even consider all this. You can find thousands.

Yada, yada, yada ... read some history books of your free and democratic society and tell me how your great country got where you are now and how your society and political structures were shaped at a similar stage of economic development as China is now.

Bloody ignorant hypocrite!

#8 ·
man101 said:

Hi man101,
Your statement is nothing new under the sun here. You guys started to bash China on its systems since when? Oh, right, 1950s, when the cold war started.
Wake up man, as more and more people visit China by themselves, they would realize how ignorant and self-centric your government and media was, or is.

#9 ·
Yeah, and of course it is alway very convenient for them to ignore the fact that their industrialisation was financed by drugging a whole nation not to mention what they did to their former colonies.

#10 ·
Lingang and beijing look interesting, the others look impressive from a distance, what's with the belief that a skyscraper somehow makes it a great place to live? Most of the impressive skyscrapers are offices while the people who work in them live in buildings that look more like battery farms than homes.

#11 ·
Great post! China has especially interesting developments in the coming years.

Particularly impressive in my mind are Chongqing, North Bund, Lingang, Guangzhou, Ningbo, and Shenzen. The developments and planning seem very clean and sleek looking; with none of that "crumpled-up-paper"-architecture. I see some beautiful designs in there.

I look forward to more details and information and THANK YOU again for you wonderful post. Very informative and interesting!

#13 · (Edited)
man101 said:

You are correct in your vision, however we are still in a different stage of civilization, or sometime I believe we are in a different way of social and democratic development.

I am a HK young man being educated in London, I have a same vision of other young man on democracy, but I really don't obey what the western opinions inclined to attack mainland China in terms of human rights and democracy, it's sometime politics!

The society I experienced in London, Vancouver or San Francisco is much similar of the mainland Chinese, I witness the mainland Chinese is living with same happiness and sadness of the rest of the World, Democracy or not doesn't affect them significantly.

On the other hand, Mainland China is now emerging on economic development,
I remember my childhood memory that my family donated cloth and even food to our mainland Chinese relatives in Guanydong province, only 20~30 years later they are now much much richer than us, you may understand the situation when you are living in this crazy virgin land of development.

#14 ·
^^Well said. I also agree with an earlier most that perhaps this ignorant attitude comes from envy. As an American I can tell you that we are not used to having another country coming up and developing at such a huge rate. At least in my generation. Perhaps it is scary to us because we realize China will or has joined us a superpower. Id say will at this point not yet though.

#16 ·
Indyman said:
^^Well said. I also agree with an earlier most that perhaps this ignorant attitude comes from envy. As an American I can tell you that we are not used to having another country coming up and developing at such a huge rate. At least in my generation. Perhaps it is scary to us because we realize China will or has joined us a superpower. Id say will at this point not yet though.
i understand what you said, but China's economy is more than just fucking buildings. You gotta realize more than half of all the buildings going up or already up are residentials. You gotta put 1 billion people somewhere.

Skyscrapers dont always equate to big economies, look at Europe. All thats going on in China is that its being Manhattanized.

#20 ·
masterfull

#21 ·
z0rg, it took you 3 years after joining the forum to finally start a series of China construction threads?! ;) I'm surprised no one else has done anything like this.

What's incredible about these plans is that they will probably become reality.

#23 ·
The great thing is, this is just the begining.

We haven't seen whats going to happen with the rest of the country. You have the modernization of the country side, further development of the interior cities, coastal, and etc... omg

I'm be in Beijing August 24, w00t!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.