SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | 3 World Trade Center | 329m | 1079ft | 69 fl | Com

5M views 10K replies 938 participants last post by  Hudson11 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

(recently redesigned) archpaper.com

===========================================================================================================

3 World Trade Center - 175 Greenwich Street​

Lord Rogers’s Tower 3 at 175 Greenwich Street, between Dey and Cortlandt Streets, is a flat-topped building with asymmetrical shoulders and the diagonal beams of the exoskeletal framework seem to echo the rooftop of Tower 2. The building will rise 1,155 feet, reaching the higher pinnacle at the antennas. It will have five trading floors, three retail floors, nine mechanical floors and 54 floors of offices, for a total of 71 stories.

Earthcam: http://www.earthcam.net/users2/interface.php?id=445&projectid=202&clientid=158

Link to the Old Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=471265

Renders:

The 3rd tower from the Left:

in the middle:

latest pics from the Construction Site:

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Let em' moan.

For me Richard Rogers' firm is the greatest ever and as such so will be this tower since it's such an important site and all of the firms for each tower know that they can only give their best. Even the Maki tower is going to shock people as it goes up.

#13 ·
I don't understand all the hate for the New York Times Tower here. It is, in my opinion, the greatest tower to go up in the United States for a long long time. It also exists, which is nice. Sure, 3WTC has the potential to be a fine tower, even a great one; but it can't possibly be better than the NYTT. Not for several more years anyhow, if ever.

#14 ·
I don't understand all the hate for the New York Times Tower here. It is, in my opinion, the greatest tower to go up in the United States for a long long time. It also exists, which is nice. Sure, 3WTC has the potential to be a fine tower, even a great one; but it can't possibly be better than the NYTT. Not for several more years anyhow, if ever.
Its not that I hate the NYTT, I like it, but I do think that this one is going to be better. But that's just my opinion so yeah:lol:

#18 ·
Wow, that was a real statement, it made a lot of sense.....

Therefore, also these two buildings are in the same "league" (do you know what this word even means?)

They are both in New York...
In conclusion? Your statement makes no sense. None.
The point is the two buildings look alike. And the New York Times Tower isn't a busted down shack is it. Lets let both tower get finish before we say which one is the best.

#20 ·
The Rogers tower hoicks arse in the best way possible. Clearly I'm slightly biased, and live but a mile from his studio in West London, but the effect of cross bracing and the facade overrun is top notch. To be fair, the cluster is out of this world and no mistake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.