SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PARIS | Metro

3M views 8K replies 522 participants last post by  Hourdel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

See less See more
#2,601 ·
It seems just to me or windows of MP 05 are much taller than that of MP 89? And the second question: why did they decide to use old type of cars to make MP 05 and not the design of MF 01 which is much slicker and more modern?

#2,603 ·
It seems just to me or windows of MP 05 are much taller than that of MP 89? And the second question: why did they decide to use old type of cars to make MP 05 and not the design of MF 01 which is much slicker and more modern?
Idk.

From what I've been hearing, the replacement stock for the MP73 on Line 6 will be based off the MF 01.

Really, there is A/C?!
Are these the first paris metro trains to have A/C? Won't it have a very big effect on the temperature of the subway stations and tunnels, making the hole system very hot?
The MF 01 was the first stock to have A/C (refrigerated cooling....or whatever it's called).

#2,606 ·
Thanks to an ex member of SCC I had an invitation for the official opening ceremony.

Left: the President of Ile de France region (Jean Paul Huchon)
Center: the Chairman of the RATP (Pierre Mongin)
Right: the Minister of Ecology, Sustainable Development, Transportation and Housing (Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet)

#2,607 ·
Do we have any data of any difference in travel times or frequencies due to the driveless sistem?
-A frequency of 85s instead of 105s.
-30 km/h of average speed instead of 27.4 km/h.
-MP05 have 6% more capacity than the MP89.

This will increase the capacity of the line 1 of more than 25%.
Anyway the real difference will be when all the trains on the line 1 will be driverless MP 05.

Except kids, fans and elders, nobody seem to care.
This place is the only execption

We meet an other MP05 (the purple 503)

Detail of the LCD screens

An other MP05, this is the number one (501) with a yellow front.

The 508 with a blue face departing of Gare de Lyon

The 506 is parked in the third track of Gare de Lyon M1 station.

The 509 doesn't have a colored face.
It is the normal look of the MP05.

#2,610 ·
I still don't understand why they decided to take MP 89 design to make a new train instead of something really modern and sleek which is MF 01. MP 89 looks very outdated in my opinion. And it looks indeed like a bus, not a train.

#2,613 · (Edited)
#2,614 ·
I still don't understand why they decided to take MP 89 design to make a new train instead of something really modern and sleek which is MF 01. MP 89 looks very outdated in my opinion. And it looks indeed like a bus, not a train.
Well I think they did not to spend money on the design and continue with a familiar model which has proven its reliability on several networks.

#2,619 · (Edited)
^^
If that is what he meant, then what we have is the MP 89CA & CC (Paris), the NS 93 (Santiago), the MP 89 TL (Laussane), and the MP 05 (Paris).

The MP 73 has also been replicated to Santiago (NS 74) & Mexico City (MP 82), and the MP 59 to Montreal (MR 63). The appearances of the trains definitely differ by system, but all seem to run in a similar fashion to their Parisian counterparts. The MR 63 in Montreal sound just like the MP 59 in Paris.

The whole line......in FAST motion. :p

#2,620 ·
Note that if MP89 and MP05 are similar in design, motors and many other stuff are different.
By exemple the MP05 are much more quieter than the MP89.

About the MP09, it will never exist as no command of any new rolling stock has been made in 2009.
The rolling stock that will replace the MP73 of the line 6 and the MP59 of the line 11, will have an other name.

For the line 11, I believe they wait the extension, this extension will double the size of the line and there is several project about the conversion in a steel wheeled line.