World Supertalls List

739K views 1K replies 204 participants last post by  rikardo2000 
#1 · (Edited)
World Supertalls List

Current number of Supertalls on earth:

259 Supertalls in 74 Cities

Download Combined Supertall and City Ranking list as PDF:

Top 300 + City Ranking

Blue: Supertalls from 300m to 399m Green: Supertalls from 400m to 499m Yellow: Supertalls from 500m to 599m Orange: Supertalls from 600m to 699m Red-Orange: Supertalls from 700m to 799m (none at the moment) Red: Supertalls from 800m to 899m Dark Red: Supertalls from 900m to 999m (none at the moment) Magenta: Supertalls with 1000m or more (none at the moment)

Blue: Cities with 1 Supertall Green: Cities with 2 to 4 Supertalls Yellow: Cities with 5 to 9 Supertalls Orange: Cities with 10 to 14 Supertalls (none at the moment) Red-Orange: Cities with 15 to 19 Supertalls (none at the moment) Red: Cities with 20 to 24 Supertalls (only Dubai at the moment) Dark-Red: Cities with 25 to 30 Supertalls (none at the moment) Magenta: Cities with 30 to 35 Supertalls (none at the moment)

Download Top 300 History lists:

January 2024

February 2021

May 2020

January 2019

January 2018

January 2017

January 2016

January 2015

January 2014

January 2013

January 2012

July 2011

September 2010

Supertall Maps by MattTheTubaGuy:

Complete and Topped out

Under Construction Prep and On Hold

All Supertalls

- Please post in this thread when I've to change anything.

City Ranking:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
two things:

1. We should make twin towers each their own entry, eg Lamars Tower 1 and Lamars Tower 2 instead of both in one row

2. How about we add either the year it is supposed to be finished or the status it is in like preparations, piling, rising, topped out or something

:cheers:

#9 ·
I thought about these things already :).
In the completed supertalls list i always make own entries for twin towers. But i'm not sure if it's necessary for the other two lists, though it's no problem to change it :).

To add the status for every project would be a good thing, and i think i'll add it :).
The estimated year for finishing is indeed a bit difficult.

#10 ·
i think you should do the twin towers each their own, especially if you decide to make a city ranking for under construction towers or proposed towers (like busiest and most ambitious cities) at one time it will make it less work if they are seperated already and you don't need to count some entries twice. :cheers:

#16 · (Edited)
Then i've to write the lists into the first post. The Problem is that it's an endless work to update it, the reason why i use PDF-Lists.

edit: i just tried to add a link into the PDF-Document, it's possible :).
So i'll add links to the threads too! not sure how long it will take, first i've to finish the Proposed-Supertall List :)

#219 · (Edited)
wow, good work :) thanks for adding

I've been look for the map by MattTheTubaGuy but there is no Sky City

#22 ·
I think the main reason is that european cities are old and most attempts to build tall in europe are bashed down just because the rest of the city doesn't like to feel inferior by having a shadow cast onto them. I've heard the same thing too many times. Pluss alot of old fashionned people don't like the modern style. I hope things change by next generation once we get rid of the old tarts running things now.

#24 ·
The actual financial crisis in Europe is the reason why we aren't actually building supertalls, but it doesn't explain the historical reasons for such a lack of buildings higher than 300m, West of Moscow.
If you look at, the mostpart of city centers in EU is made of ancient cores, therefore is likely right who says that the cultural and historical background makes Europeans to think a supertall might be in a too jarring contrast with the ancien EU city cores.
Anyway, an interesting issue which would be worth to be studied in deep.

#26 ·
There are many modern buildings in Europe. Most of the world's finest architects are european, working and building in Europe. Bannor you seem to have a lack of understanding at the difference between modern and tall. The centres of many European cities are just unsuitable for many reasons for supertall structures although many have and continue to build high rises that fit in more asthetically to thier surroundings.

#30 ·
ZZ-II, please consider adding the following to your list of approved and site-prep supertalls (source1 and source2 and source3):-

(1) Bangalore Turf Tower - Bangalore - 660m - 156fl - APP

(2) Joyus Housing Tower - Mumbai (Mahalaxmi) - 486m - 125fl - APP

(3) APIIC Tower - Hyderabad - 450m - 100fl - APP

(4) Wearesf Tower - Bangalore - 440m - 109fl - APP

(5) Shreepati Garden Towers - Mumbai (Parel) - 400m * 2 - 68fl * 2 - APP

(6) Wave City Centre Iconic Tower - Delhi - 400m - 100fl - APP

(7) Asta Vibrant Towers - Bangalore - 390m - 90fl - APP

(8) Gateway Towers 1 & 2 - Ahmedabad - 362m * 2 - 70fl * 2 - APP

(9) Matru Mandir - Mumbai (Tardeo) - 325m - 100fl (+55fl) - APP

(10) Kumar Echelon - Mumbai (Tardeo) - 321m - 62fl - APP

(11) Shreepati Skies - Mumbai (Tardeo) - 301m - 88fl - APP

(12) Shreepati Estate - Mumbai (Lower Parel) - 301m - 81fl - APP

(13) Omkar Worli - Mumbai (Worli) - 300m+ * 3 - 78fl + 77fl + 63fl - PREP
SSC source

(14) KRTE AFRD Tower - Bangalore - 300m - 94fl - APP

(15) Brys Buzz - Delhi (Noida) - 300m - 81fl - APP

(16) Sikka Dream Heights - Delhi - 300m - 80fl - APP

#34 ·
seems there's no thread for any of these towers yet in the supertall section. would be good if anyone who has informations about these projects could create them. especially with sources for the height!
then i'll add them to the list :).

About Worli: do we've height numbers for all the towers? if yes, please post :)

#35 ·
Update Today:

- Removed Abu Dhabi Plaza in Astana from the U/C list, since it's clearly on hold. thread will be moved soon too.
- Changed Damac Heights to Damac Residenze and improved the data
- Changed Status of M Hotel in Madrid.
- Added Hyperlinks in the U/C list for the Megatalls ( others will follow )