Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.3%

Votes: 4 9.3%
1 - 20 of 10,289 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
ILO | Iloílo International Airport - Compiled Threads

Lopezes, Ayala among the early birds for Iloilo airport auction
By Florence F. Hibionada

Planned government auction of the 54-hectare Iloilo Airport in Mandurriao District, Iloilo City has thus far gathered five giant players of the country's business community.

With Terms of References (TOR) on final deliberations, the committee tasked by the Department of Finance (DOF) to do the 'fine-tuning' have reportedly set the auction price range between P900 million to P1 billion.

Prime consideration was the value of said government property placed at about P18,000 per hectare or P1,800/square meter of land.

Though no auction date was firmed up as of yet, The News Today (TNT) learned from Department insiders that five developers and business groups have signified solid intentions to join the bid. More are expected in the coming weeks, the source added, with interests from other smaller investors and consortiums now gaining ground and seeing action in follow-ups made with the DOF.

The 'early birds' as disclosed are the Ayala Group, the Lopezes' Rockwell, Filinvest, SM Prime and Robinson's Land.

No less than DOF Undersecretary John Sevilla has called Iloilo City Mayor Jerry Treñas with initial documents sent for the City Government's perusal. TNT learned that corresponding study is now underway in the City Legal Office.

The planned government auction is in preparation for the reported full-operations of the New Iloilo Airport Development Project (NIADP) in Sta. Barbara-Cabatuan, Iloilo by April this year.

Further into the DOF committee's task is to straighten up concerns relative to the designed privatization of the Iloilo Airport site in Mandurriao.

The TOR once finalized will serve as basis for the pre-bid conference, the schedule of which will later be decided.

Earlier, Senator Franklin Drilon said the old airport site will be converted into a commercial complex eyed to become the city's second urban center.

Drilon said the area would be developed either by sale or joint venture with the government.

In a visit to the new airport two weeks ago with Transportation and Communications Secretary Leandro Mendoza, Senator Drilon expressed concern over the possible coming in of squatters in the airport site if it is not guarded accordingly.

He thus called the attention of Air Transportation Office Manager Allan Java to ensure that no squatters could enter the airport site once it is already abandoned this April.

Drilon noted that it is difficult to remove squatters once they already occupy a certain area.

Source : The News Today - Iloilo

Personally I prefer the AYALAs to "take over" the soon-to-be-former iloilo airport area.They can build a mixed use complex thatwill include a mall.

SM and ROBINSONs already have malls in the city and they wont be building another one (esp SM )(in the future may be)

Filinvest would be my second choice based on their alabang development esp their mall.

There were TWO who voted for others yet didn't even post these/this other/s :D

:lol: puro mall ito :D

I'm also looking forward for the Lopezes to develop the area. They have Rockwell Center to prove their worth as developer business & commercial center combined. They can also put up their TV/radio network complex in the area. Who knows, there will be a satellite ABS-CBN studios in Iloilo someday...

Discussion starter · #9 ·
If I'm going to rank them...
My first choice will be Ayala
2nd : Rockwell
3rd : SM Prime
4th : Filinvest
5th : Robinson's Land

dapat ang lopez madaug. nano na nga sipaon ka pa sang mga nagapangayaw?
they LEFT Iloilo and welcoming them back is absurd.

the ayalas have better plans IMO

Discussion starter · #12 ·
I think no need for additional college or university around the city. The city has already 7 existing universities (big campuses) within the city area.

It's up to the developer and the government kung ano ang gagawin nila sa area na 'yan.

54 hectares is big enough for a nice college campus IMHO. :eek:kay:

If I'm going to rank them...
My first choice will be Ayala
2nd : Rockwell
3rd : SM Prime
4th : Filinvest
5th : Robinson's Land
my ranking will be:
1st: ayala
2nd: rockwell
3rd: filinvest
4th: sm prime
5th: robinson's land

i am also hoping that the interest of these developers to put up projects in iloilo will not end after a winning bidder has been picked. i hope that the non winners would look at other areas outside the mandurriao airport.

I will go for AYALA...if not, then the LOPEZes, though they left Iloilo...returning is something annoying...but if they could put a good business plan for the land why not, its a good deed to what they have done...

I think no need for additional college or university around the city. The city has already 7 existing universities (big campuses) within the city area.

It's up to the developer and the government kung ano ang gagawin nila sa area na 'yan.
I did not say to establish another (new) college/university, I just said that that soon-to-be-vacated land can be used to house an expanding (extension campus) established college/university in Iloilo. :colgate:

Discussion starter · #16 ·
I don't prefer this.
Hope that the developer who will win the auction can develop the area much better than this.

Thursday, November 23, 2006
Theme park to replace old Mandurriao airport

ILOILO City: A theme park may be built at the Mandurriao airport here once the international airport of Iloilo starts operating by April next year.

The Mandurriao airport sits on a 54-hectare lot. Mayor Jerry Treñas said the land would be privatized.

Treñas looks forward to an “Enchanted Kingdom-type” theme park but disclosed that there were proposals from CB Richard Ellis, the airport consultant for privatization, to erect establishments in the area.

Treñas said the domestic airport site could accommodate mixed-use structures for residential-commercial, information technology centers, medical tourism and government centers.

“We are the regional center . . . if we have a small theme park, we can push for the city to become a destination,” he said, adding that a lot of investors have expressed interest in the airport. “Besides malls and restaurants there are no other areas in Iloilo City where people can go to for recreation, and the present Mandurriao airport site can fill that void,” Treñas continued.

Sen. Franklin Drilon said the site of the old domestic airport in Mandurriao could be transformed into a commercial and light industrial complex, which is sure to enhance the economic activity in Iloilo City and the entire province.

The Iloilo domestic airport is the fourth busiest in the country in terms of passenger traffic next to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Mactan-Cebu International Airport and Davao International Airport, but has been facing problems of obsolete facilities, operational limitations and inadequate options for expansion due to the existence of roads and rivers, and urbanization around the airport.

Studies concluded that the Mandurriao airport is no longer capable of accommodating future air traffic demand due to technical, environmental and economic limitations, and confirmed the urgent need to develop a new airport.
--Panay News

id rather want to see a mixed use center/complex
mall-hotels-convention center-offices-condo-parks.themepark-etc

the area to be auctioned to be auctioned is too expensive and too big to be transformed into a single project like THEME PARK only or MALL only or officies only or SUBDIVISION only

I don't prefer this.
Hope that the developer who will win the auction can develop the area much better than this.

Thursday, November 23, 2006
Theme park to replace old Mandurriao airport

ILOILO City: A theme park may be built at the Mandurriao airport here once the international airport of Iloilo starts operating by April next year.

The Mandurriao airport sits on a 54-hectare lot. Mayor Jerry Treñas said the land would be privatized.

Treñas looks forward to an “Enchanted Kingdom-type” theme park but disclosed that there were proposals from CB Richard Ellis, the airport consultant for privatization, to erect establishments in the area.

Treñas said the domestic airport site could accommodate mixed-use structures for residential-commercial, information technology centers, medical tourism and government centers....
--Panay News
^^ Me, too.

A theme park? On such a very valuable property? :eek:hno:

1 - 20 of 10,289 Posts