SkyscraperCity Forum banner

900 Construction progress

8K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  great184 
#1 ·
The 63 floor 900 Biscayne is well under way. Here are some photos from 6/2/06. :runaway:

900 from Biscayne Blvd.

900 from the rear

From the Metromover station

See less See more
#3 ·
900 Biscayne Guy :hi: , its fantastic to see your tower rise :righton: !!!,
at 712 feet :eek:kay: it will be one of the tallest Miami Wall towers when completed in about 3 years !!!, you'll be moving in around early 2009, weather permittting, lol. :applause:
:speech:
and Yes, MIAballinboi :rock: ,
Go Cranes !!! :banana: :cheer: :pepper:

#5 ·
Another good building waiting for it to be finished.

#7 ·
skyscraperhighrise said:
Another good building waiting for it to be finished.
SkyScraper High Rise :rock: , Like I said, this is a Huge Project :eek:kay: , and unlike the others along the Biscayne Wall :applause: , This 900 Biscayne Bay tower is all City block 14 floor parking garage surrounds the tower and will not be completed till early 2009 :righton: , Its Huge and Tallest one of the 4 under construction NOW !!! :dance:

#8 ·
Chuck,

I think 900 will be done this time 2008. :banana: :carrot: :banana2: :) Look how fast Marina Blue went up. Also, you mentioned in another post that you are seeing advertisments for 600 Biscayne Freedom Tower in Latin magizines. Is there a web-site yet to look at the project?

If any one can take some current photos of 900, that would be great. Wondering what floor they are up to. :runaway:

#9 ·
900Biscayneguy said:
Chuck,

I think 900 will be done this time 2008. :banana: :carrot: :banana2: :) Look how fast Marina Blue went up. Also, you mentioned in another post that you are seeing advertisments for 600 Biscayne Freedom Tower in Latin magizines. Is there a web-site yet to look at the project?

If any one can take some current photos of 900, that would be great. Wondering what floor they are up to. :runaway:
900 biscayne :) , I was by there today, # 12 Floor is being poured this week :righton: , and this tower has got alot more to go than Marina Blue, remember my friend , its going up to 712 feet, higher than the Bank of America tower, and higher than the Marina tower by almost a 100 feet or 10 more floors, and its Huge in width of its Parking garage which will take almost a year to completed after its topped out next summer. :cheers:

#11 · (Edited)
Ok Chuck,

Are you sitting down? I pulled out the "big book" the 900 condo document contract.
It shows a rendering of 900 with all the floors and heights. It lists the height at 650 feet to the top of the building. This includes the wavy things on top. The highest floor looks like it will be 64. But according to these documents I have 900 is 64 floors at its highest and is in total 650 heet high.
The ceiling heights are 10 feet. Also, there is no 13th floor or 16th floor and there does not appear to be a second floor as well. So, it sounds like 900 will not be much taller than Marina Blue. :grouphug:

#12 ·
900Biscayneguy said:
Ok Chuck,

Are you sitting down? I pulled out the "big book" the 900 condo document contract.
It shows a rendering of 900 with all the floors and heights. It lists the height at 650 feet to the top of the building. This includes the wavy things on top. The highest floor looks like it will be 64. But according to these documents I have 900 is 64 floors at its highest and is in total 650 heet high.
The ceiling heights are 10 feet. Also, there is no 13th floor or 16th floor and there does not aprerar to be a second floor as well. So, it sounds like 900 will not be much taller than Marina Blue. :grouphug:

Why is there no 16th floor?

#15 · (Edited)
They are going up too fast. I believe not too long ago it hadn't even cleared the 5 story hurdle. Am I right? If so, the progress is unreal, and a little too fast. Anybody recall any mishaps from other construction as a result of rushing?

::edit::

Well, now that I look again at the pictures above, from June 2nd, I take back what I said about construction being too fast. Thanks.

#20 ·
Nice pics of 900 Umiami. They are always appreciated!!! :banana2: :carrot:

Chuck, just got a progress flyer from the builder of 900. It has some nice pictures and diagrams of Biscayne Blvd. You might be able to get a copy at the sales office if you would like one. Anyway, it states that the project is right on schedule and their goal is" to begin delivering units in early 2008". YES, 2008!! :runaway: :) :cucumber: :righton: :pepper: :banana:

#21 ·
900 Biscayne Guy, my friend, I watch construction all my life in MIAMI since I've been 10 years old, watching the 40 floor One Biscayne Corp tower go up on the same block as the old First Federal 32 floor tower behind it,
There's NO WAY that the 65 floor 900 Biscayne Tower will be completed and Opened for residents to move in by early 2008, Maybe Summer, 2008, That's IF There's NO HURRICANES Next Year, 2007.
Remember my friend, We just Got lucky NO HURRICANES to hit ANY U.S.A. Land This Year. Next Year we Might NOT be So lucky,

#22 ·
Hey Chuck, I thought it was a little early too!!! When do you think that 900 will be topped off?. I am calculating 900 should be topped of by April 07 or sooner. They are almost 1/3 done already. Lets see where the project is on New Years day. (I bet they will be well into the 40's floors). I have heard you guys talk that it takes about one year from top off to start delivering units.

#27 ·

I love when these buildings have a cutout for the pool deck. I know it may not be brilliant architecturally, and Atlantis really gets all the credit for it, but it gives us poor guys down on the street a little experience of the building. At one point, all of Marina Blue, was floating above the pedestal on just a few columns, it looked amazing, but then they had to go and close in the gym and the party room etc. It would be amazing to see one of these towers actually finished with nothing but a dozen columns between the tower and the pedestal. It could be stunning. There is a restaurant in Chicago called '9' whose coulumns are clad in mirror ball tiles, like a disco ball. Because a column is only circular horizontally, not vertically like a disco ball, the effect is stunning. The bigger the column, the smoother the transition of reflectivity, like a slightly faceted liquid mirror. Imagine only that separating pedestal and tower as it reflected the environment the columns would almost disappear. I always wanted to do this if I ever had a column in my dream unit. It may sound a little flashy, but it's not, it is so beautiful and sophisticated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.