SkyscraperCity Forum banner

tagaytay, philippines

11K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  tita01 
#1 ·
Tagaytay - probably the most pleasant city in asia

Tagaytay City lies on top of the Tagaytay Ridge, which, at 640 meters above sea level, is the highest point in Cavite. The ridge provides a spectacular view of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano "400 metres (1,312 feet)" in Batangas. This view supports Tagaytay's main industry, which is tourism.

TAAL VOLCANO satellite image from NASA

other pic:

InformaticIAN said:

TAGAYTAY HIGHLANDs

The Belle View

Woodridge

The Pinecrest Ville

The Villas

The Woodlands

Tagaytay Midlands

Alta Mira

The Horizon

Tagaytay Highlands

Country Club

Spa and Lodge

45-seater furnacular

See less See more
#19 ·
I think it does.

First Tagaytay is much closer to Manila plus there are several roads leading to this city. Before you have to exit Carmona and have to travel to Aguinaldo highway to reach Tagaytay. Now, you can exit Sta. Rosa and where the trip is an hour or less.

Another thing I noticed with Tagaytay, the city is becoming too commercialized. Before, if you want a burger, you can get it in Mushroomburger. That was back in the late 80s early 90s. Today, there are Mc Donalds and other high-end burger joints. Plus alot of residential and commercial developments happening.

BTW, those travelling to Tagaytay I would recommend have lunch or dinner at Gourmet's Cafe. I tried their pizza and pasta and it's really good :D

#20 ·
Hi Just got back on a day trip to tagaytay yesterday. My last trip there was like 5 yrs ago and my golly the place has changed so much. It is soooooooo wonderful. before tagaytay is known for the taal volcano and thats it but now my gosh. Tagaytay these days is known for the volcano of cors and then for the fresh organic vegetables, hillside upon hillside of pineapple plantations very scenic indeed. Tagaytay also has severy world class restaurant for ex antonio's voted as one of asias top ten fine dining. I dined there once and the ambiance was just astounding, their steaks are so succulent as well as their foie gras. Then there is this vietnamese resto owned by a vietnamese immigrants so sarap. There there are the world class spas. The list goes on and on and we also visited the very popular caraluega chuch sooo romantic. no wonder i saw several caucasians and asian foreigners already residing in the city. Theres also this restaurant called chalet ??? owned by a german immigrant who makes his own wine in his own vineyard ryt behind his chalet grabe ganda

#21 · (Edited)
ALWAYS THE OPTIMIST

Yes, Tagaytay is like our own piece of European or Western countryside in the Philippines! I would love to have a retirement home here, as well as high rise condo unit in Metro Manila. Ahhhh, the good life!! (I'm Filipino American from Los Angeles) :cheers1:

Hey Bosnyboy, you wouldn't have any photos to share would you? The last post before yours was almost 3 years ago, and back then it was so beautiful. Like how you explained in your post, i can only imagine today how much more it already is!!!! photos PLEASE!!!!!

#23 ·
Yes, Tagaytay is like our own piece of European or Western countryside in the Philippines! I would love to have a retirement home here, as well as high rise condo unit in Metro Manila. Ahhhh, the good life!! (I'm Filipino American from Los Angeles) :cheers1:

Hey Bosnyboy, you wouldn't have any photos to share would you? The last post before yours was almost 3 years ago, and back then it was so beautiful. Like how you explained in your post, i can only imagine today how much more it already is!!!! photos PLEASE!!!!!
Im sorry jarvijarv but im not really a foto person hehehe but you can visit this site for the recent pictures and offerings of tagaytay. http://anton.blogs.com/awesome/2006/02/cliff_house_tag.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.