SkyscraperCity Forum banner

10 Bank Street (Heron Quays West 1) | Canary Wharf | 161m | 31 fl | Approved

306K views 927 replies 224 participants last post by  Smitsax 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
N.B. I've split this from the RS thread

-- wjfox

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the adjacent site at Heron Quays West, it is now confirmed Canary Wharf is preparing to submit a revised planning application for a 1million sq ft development instead of the existing 600,000 sqft previously consented scheme.

#36 ·
It's a shame that the Council of Tower Hamlets couldn't have applied a more liberal approach to developments on Canary Wharf. Was it because of some stupid sight line or something?. One Canada Tower was surely supposed to be the begininng of a cluster of mush taller buildings in the future, and I agree that it will soon look bizarre with loads of buildings of more or less equal size crowding around 1CS. It really is a shame that nothing higher was a coule of years ago.

#41 ·
Once these plots are developed there is very little space on the Isle of Dogs, especially for tall buildings. Theres a couple of plots along Marsh Wall & Cross harbour where tall office buildings will eventually be built but they are not owned by CWG. The Billingsgate market site has potential for a couple of talls, but as I mentioned somewhere else that site is owned by the Coporation of London. A part from the question of whether or not Londons main fish market even wants to move & if so to where theres also the point that it's owned by CWG chief rival so doubtful they would sell to Songbird.

They could possible redevelop buildigns on the CW estate but that would destroy any balance & harmony they are trying to achieve with 1CS being the pinnacle etc & also the fact a lotof the building son the estate have been sold so CWG doesn't own a lot of them anymore.

#40 · (Edited)
Sounds like they are going with another Bank Street sized building to me.

#47 ·
^^ Low-rises. Presumably, Heron Quays West will be the next site to be redeveloped by Canary Wharf as North Quay is likely to be delayed until 2015 when the new Isle of Dogs Station will be completed. A planning application is expected to be submitted this year yet with potential clients including Bank of America which wants to consolidate all its operations into a new 1mio sqft headquarter building by 2012.

#48 ·
#50 ·
#53 ·
Isn't Wood Wharf, or at least some elements of that scheme more likely to be closer to top of the development pipeline than Heron Quay West? British Waterways and the other partners surely would like to cash in on some of Canary Wharf's office success sooner rather than later.
Canary Wharf has its own development programme, they only have a 1/3 interest in Wood Wharf. It is understood that the joint venture does not yet own all the lands. I am not sure about the intentions of British Waterways and Ballymore either. Another element is that Wood Wharf depends upon the construction of the electrical substation at North Quay ... which is to be used for Crossrail.

#61 ·
Im a bit confused. So, the old Richard Roger designs were never follow by a planning application? As far as I recall the two towers were 214 and around 150m which should provide something like 2m sqft. So, there is a good chance the this design is still alive then?