SkyscraperCity Forum banner

SEOUL | Triple One | 620m | 2034ft | 111 fl | Canceled

482K views 1K replies 253 participants last post by  Bibimbap 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
SKorea to build world's second-highest skyscraper
SEOUL, March 29, 2007 (AFP) - South Korea's Seoul city government said Thursday it has approved a plan to build the world's second-highest skyscraper in the central business district, officials said.
The state-run Korea Railroad Corp's plan to build a 150-story building, measuring 615 metres (2,029.5 feet) high, by 2013 in Yongsan was endorsed on Wednesday, city government officials said.
The city's urban construction committee set the ceiling on the planned building's height at 620 metres, they said.
The building would be the world's second-highest after the Burj Dubai, a tower now under construction in the United Arab Emirates that will reach 830 metres high, they added.
The Korea Railroad Corp said it would need consultations with the city government -- as both still remain at odds over other terms and conditions of the development project -- before the construction.
jkw/jc SKorea-skyscraper-construction AFP 290610 GMT MAR 07

Renderings as of April 2012:

DREAMHUB INC

copyright belong to http://www.dreamhub21.com/kor/mainNew.asp
DREAMHUB INC

3 ANNOUNCE(Rail deck sky park construction basic plan/Rail museum/Transfer complex system)
Official announce for Rail deck sky park construction announce and selection company
-86,000m2
-Rail museum will be constructed on "Rail deck sky park"
-completion goal time until 2016
-World Futuristic design&plan
-16 Rail metro line overground and under ground connected system construction
-Ubiquitous system

#818 · (Edited)
I quite frankly don't know what to thing about it yet. After first look it's a bit boring though. But at least it looks nice in the skyline.

What I'm more interested about is this thing. What is it, and how tall is it? Looks quite intriguing from that perspective.

Btw in comparison to other towers it looks like its supertall too.

#819 ·
I'm in love with this project! All of the designs are unique in one way or another! The final design for Triple One looks excellent, and works really well with the surrounding buildings, I only wish they had kept the gold spiral around the buildings exterior. I also can't design if I prefer Boutique as twin towers or with individual designs... still I can't wait for this one to begin! :cheers:

#822 ·
Today is!

I'm very happy to see Yongsan IBD's Final Renderings.
Maybe,I think Today is Korean Day...... hahaha!!!!
Congratulation and thank for Yongsan IBD's Developer and any other Authorities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm confident they will be New Skyline and International Icon of Republic of Korea,Yongsan IBD will go ahead and Fulfill completely!!!!!!!!!
expect and dream Yongsan IBD's Development!!

#827 ·
Right Everythings is perfect except triple one.
This one is looks like a "Broken Stick":nuts:

BTW Keep my Finger crossed for IBD

#828 ·
del

#832 ·
^^ Just to save you trouble. Some of the towers have their threads already (boutique, twins and the wavy one) so check before creating new thread if there is already one for particular project.

#835 ·
^^To a certain extent I agree with you, but then a lot of the most skyscraper'd cities in the world have a wide variety of architecture in them. I can appreciate both a consistent and a heterogenous look, and while something with a pinch more unity would've been nice, I enjoy this just the same.

#845 · (Edited)
#847 ·
^^
I remember your mention which concern "green zone" of Old IBD(archipelago21).

Me too. I like green harmonized with building.

#849 ·
Good point!

Namsan tower's obsevator desk height is 140m. This pint block by not only triple one but also boutique.

So probably hardly to see "Han riverside".
But still seeing otherside(CBD:JONGRO):)

By the way i'm going to buy digital camera today. As possible as i can i will take a photos such like lottetower...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.