SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Images from the Liverpool City Region

3M views 16K replies 470 participants last post by  Leongname 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so, there's been a lot of 'discussion' about the use (and alleged abuse) of photos which people have posted, here or elsewhere being used by other people - and the rights and permissions which are given or assumed. We don't need to look very far to realise that this can be a serious issue over which people can become genuinely upset, something we all surely want to avoid considering that most people who post here are working towards pretty much the same goal.

Based on discussions in other threads, this thread has been started to provide a place for all photo-related talk, and as a centralised placed to give permission for photos to be used and to request photos for specific projects which can't be easily found elsewhere.

So - firstly it's important to have a definitive list of people who are happy for their photos to be used by other people, to avoid any future 'dispute' over who said what could be used where etc..

Please sign up to one of the following options if you are happy for pictures you post here or elsewhere to be used by other people. To make the issue absolutely certain please cut and paste one of the following options into your reply - otherwise if you say 'yes to option B' it's possible that I could change option B by editing this post. The only certain way is to cut and paste the permission level that applies to you. (If none of the options below fit your exact requirements then you can sign up to option F - Other and I will post a link to your post in which your specific requests can be found, but this shouldn't be necessary in most cases)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A - I give permission for any of the photos or pictures which I post, or have previously posted, on this or any other site to be used by any member of this forum for non-profit, urban development related purposes and do not require to be credited or informed when and where these images have been used.

* Scouseyuppie01 (photos not renders or designs)
* Gazzab

B - I give permission for any of the photos or pictures which I post, or have previously posted, on this or any other site to be used by any member of this forum for non-profit, urban development related purposes but wish to be credited where possible and wish to be informed if my images have been used.

* JUXTAPOL
* Thudbucket

C - I give permission for any of the photos or pictures which I post, or have previously posted, on this site only to be used by any member of this forum for non-profit, urban development related purposes but wish to be credited where possible and wish to be informed if my images have been used.

* TOM
* Woody
* DJ Billy
* Westi
* Liverpolitan
* Paul D
* mr-nad
* Yapachoo
* Martin S
* Red scouser
* Damon

D - I require permission to be sought prior to use if any of the photos or pictures which I post, or have previously posted, on this or any other site are to be used by any member of this forum for non-profit, urban development related purposes and wish to be credited for every image used.

* B4mmy

E - I do not give permission for any of my photos or images to be used for any purpose without prior consent.

F - Other, see links

* TheMerseyOrange (see post #17)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If people don't post a reply on here (cutting and pasting the option that applies to them) then, unless any provable private agreement has been reached, we will have to assume the default position is option E.

The may not be a legally binding agreement, but the point is that in general terms if every effort has been made to secure permission then we are on safer ground.

I will update a list once people respond.

And don't forget we can use this site to post requests for specific photos instead of trawling through the rest of the forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------

How to post photos on SCC

To upload an image onto SCC, first save the image on your computer. Depending on the original size you might want to resize the image before you save it, most photo editing software will give you this option, an ideal size for SCC is 800X600 (I find Microsoft Picture Editor particularly easy to use). Alternatively you can leave it at it's normal size, and select 'resize to 800X600' when you upload the image.

Then go to htp://imageshack.us (or photobukcet or other picture hosting site), click on 'upload image' select your image from where you've saved it and upload it. If using imageshack, once it's uploaded you'll see a small thumbnail of the photo and 5 url addresses underneath. Copy and paste the last url (Direct link to image) into your post, making sure you put

either side of it - or if you're in advanced posting mode you can just click on the mountain picture icon and paste your link in the pop up box.

See less See more
#7,849 ·
Lovely photos Jane.

Did a load of Xmas trees get washed up in the top image?

#7,850 ·
Lovely photos Jane.

Did a load of Xmas trees get washed up in the top image?
I was wondering about that - and then realised that people must actually bring them here, and they are 'recycled' into the environment. There was such a huge number that I assumed that it was a National Trust initiative of some sort?

#7,851 ·
Ex-Christmas trees are (or were in the 1980s, I'm not sure about now) used as a way to fix otherwise movable foredunes and prevent erosion. Wooden latticework is used for the same purpose as well as of course the plantation of marram grass, which has been going on for three centuries now.

#7,852 ·
That beach looks very inviting. Good stuff Jane. I can see people walking dogs in those pics. Something has to be done locally about dogs fouling on the beaches. Some local authorities have banned dogs on beaches, in summer at least, and it isn't just the genteel places in the south, Tynemouth has a dog ban.
No beaches locally have such restrictions but I think it's time at least part of our beaches have year round dog bans. I'm a dog lover btw.

Those trees on the beach could possibly be larches, they do look like them. The larch, like the Ash unfortnately, has recently been subject of a fungus infection which is fatal and is spreading rapidly. I wonder if those trees have been dumped by a garden centre or the like ?

#7,854 ·
Aye, as Squirrel stated, they're recycled Christmas trees used to shore up the dunes. Not the artificial ones, mind. A group of our lot help the National Trust staff down there through the week as part of their DofE awards, 'planting' the old trees, picking litter and clearing sand from the paths.

The National Trust hut down Lifeboat Rd takes donations of them, if you want to ditch your tree in a useful manner come January. :cheers: