LILLE - DECATHLON Arena (50,187)

1M views 4K replies 328 participants last post by  Axelferis 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Lille OSC

4x League:
1933, 1946, 1954, 2011

6x Cup:
1946, 1947, 1948, 1953, 1955,

:) Hi everybody here. i'm new, i'm in france .

This is the trhead of the new Stadium for the Losc (lille olympique sporting club) which played 2 last edition of Uefa champion's league.

After the rejected project of 'Grimonprez jooris 2' due to its location near an old historical Citadelle Vauban , They reflected on a total new project like Schalke04 and Amsterdam arena.

Main characteristics:

- 50186 seats
-Retractable roof
-scheduled to ??
-Not a 5 stars stadium but 7 stars stadium!!!!!!! :eek:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

reality now :

See less See more
#3,283 ·
Well done LOSC! The higher ups at the club must be drinking milk of the puppy right now and I'm sure it taste good... 3 home games sell out is a given, with the cheapest ticket retailing for... How much Axelferis? The last few luxury suites will find buyers very soon no doubt!

Anyway I think I hear the sweet sound of money.

That is a lesson to all the small players in the industry. If you have a good project and the will to do it, you'll achieve it!

#3,286 ·
Lille fans like a lot of others sing the same songs :|

"Aux armes..." is from marseille.

It's funny but before each match a new clip "Nous sommes les dogues" is shown on the giant scoreboard . It is a short film made with Umbro the official sponsor kits of Losc.
At the end you have an air that the speakrine has tried to made us sing last wednesday but fans kops didin't follow her initiative :lol:

But the melody is good. i'll try to capture it next time

#3,290 ·
Today Lille - PSG

Stadium with not full. :eek:hno:

Only Lille suscribers and guess could come. Only 600 PSG fans will come.

This week-end, it's the "Grande Braderie de Lille". An event where people sell everything along 100km of streets. 1 million visitor come. And police could not securise 2 events. 2,200 policeman in the 2 events. They can't mobilize more. I remember a PSG-OM with 2,200 policeman.

#3,292 ·
the stadium was half empty.

I was on the opposite side of TV main central camera and trust me you could easily saw the empty last high tiers :eek:hno:

The grey coulour helps the TV broadcast to mask the feeling of empty stadium :|

This game was due to be sold out if security restrictions weren't applied due to this Week end of "Braderie de Lille" (city fest during all the week end long-> friday-saturday-sunday)

It is a pity :mad:

But the ambiance was very good anyway. This Zlatan is a beast :uh:

#3,293 ·
Attendance was 32,707.

What was the allowed cap. for this week? 35k?

#3,298 ·
they were nearly 500 due to security measures restrictions.

It was the week end of "Braderie de Lille" which transform the city into a giant market during all the weekend.

the police services has decided to limit the capacity or cancel the match.

TV has paid for that match to be played and the Ligue of football didn't want to lose money by cancelling it.

#3,303 ·
There's one thing about that game LOSC - PSG... the stadium may have been at 60% capacity but it was quite noisy on tv and I mean noisy in a good way. Besides with the angles chosen by Canal+(the broadcaster) it looked nicely packed excepted for the area above the visitors fan section - they have to find a solution for that cause it just looks bad.