SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#COMPLETED: THE TORCH, 84F Res, 338m (Dubai Marina)

3M views 18K replies 486 participants last post by  Burj Khalifa fan 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Name: The Torch
Floors: 84
Height: 345 m
Use: Residential

See less See more
#16,981 ·
Yes looks like everyone has been on holiday recently, including this person below who had a great time in the Torch :lol: (was not me!)

“Absolutely perfect”

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 August 2013 NEW

After booking our 4 night stopover in Dubai I then discovered advice from other travelers for 2 things: do not go in July and do not go when it is Ramadan. Well wouldn’t you know it: we were going in July and it was Ramadan.

We had the most fantastic holiday and I am sure that we would have a fantastic holiday all days of the year in this apartment, but being here during this hot time and it being Ramadan did help to make our stay in this time absolutely perfect.

We arrived at around 02hr and it was wonderful being greeted by the friendly housekeeper and to show us around the apartment. Our first (and last) impression of the apartment was WOW. It has been said before but the photo’s do not do it all justice… maybe Patrick has done this on purpose ;-)
I cannot think of one thing that is not as it should be and there are so many extra’s. It is wonderful that the fantastic view is seen not only from the lounge but also from both bedrooms. And speaking about the bedrooms, I had said to my teenagers (with the photo’s in mind) sorry but your room is small, so what a wonderful surprise for them that mum had it completely wrong. And the main bedroom so tastefully decorated, really beautiful.

The pool is very large and I do not know if it is always shaded but thankfully in the afternoon it was.

As it was too hot to walk to the metro we only travelled in taxi’s, which were very cheap and most of the time had good conversations with the taxi drivers. We could get a taxi in a minute or so in front of the building.

We did our grocery shopping in the small supermarket next door, even at 02.30 am it was still open. We had lunch in the apartment before going to one of the malls where of course you could not eat or drink with it being Ramadan so we were so glad with the shop next door.

So this apartment is really recommended and thank you Patrick for sharing it.

#16,983 ·
Between Torch and Marina Heights ... nothing its a parking lot ... The one opposite the Marriott is stashed with Arabtec's cabins ... and the rest is still a parking lot as well...

On the other hand some soil testing machines have showed up in the marina arcade plot ...

#16,984 · (Edited)
I'm imagining the large plot in front will now become a mixed hotel / residential and shopping area which connects to the marina arcade shopping center. So don't think anything will get underway here until the marina arcade is starting to take shape or even later after it is up and running and also after the damac tower is mostly done. However, a nice big green park would be better of course :)

#16,985 ·
Just returned from holidaying in Dubai and as we have an apartment in The Torch we popped to check it out! In summary we were really pleased with our 'snap-shot' - yes the surrounding roads and even the area immediately outside the entrance is a bit of a mess ( I'd say mainly linked to the tram works) but this is a short term issue hopefully and the benefits in the long term are obvious! Inside there is a real buzz about the place - lots of people using the gym and pool area and all the communal areas were very clean and are being well-maintained !! :)))

#16,986 ·
Just returned from holidaying in Dubai and as we have an apartment in The Torch we popped to check it out! In summary we were really pleased with our 'snap-shot' - yes the surrounding roads and even the area immediately outside the entrance is a bit of a mess ( I'd say mainly linked to the tram works) but this is a short term issue hopefully and the benefits in the long term are obvious! Inside there is a real buzz about the place - lots of people using the gym and pool area and all the communal areas were very clean and are being well-maintained !! :)))
How long before all the work near the entrance is all complete ? Any sort of movement on the plot in front of Torch or Marina Heights ?

#16,987 ·
[UOTE=arfie;106031052]How long before all the work near the entrance is all complete ? Any sort of movement on the plot in front of Torch or Marina Heights ?[/QUOTE]

Not sure to be honest - you do hear varying dates as to when the tram will be complete! I did ask the receptionist about the plot in front of The Torch and she wasn't sure - there are no firm plans for it as yet!!

#16,988 ·
Interesting as I was also there last month and I thought The Torch was already looking a bit scruffy, especially on the outside . I saw several broken floor tiles outside and the tile grouting was really looking grubby and dirty. Paint was peeling of the walls around the sundecks. I agree that the inside always looks well presented - the lobby,gym, changing rooms etc but some work on the outside areas is badly needed.

#16,989 ·
SARAH SELECT

Either way, how can any bank or company repossess property without a court order? I guess if you gift a penthouse that you can't sell, you can pretty much do as you please!
Was this the penthouse that was auctioned by SARAH SELECT at do with Mark Stott in Dubai with Kelly Rowland singing and everyone dancing the night away?

Last I heard the money AED 500,000 was going in ESCROW account to be decided at later date (by Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York) on the rescipriant.

Update anyone?

#16,993 ·
I dont understand Fightback, whats wrong with posting a picture of the Torch on the Torch Thread. seems pretty legit to me, and a lovely Photo it is as well.

Impy, quite often the Heat or a windy Day will hold up work on the Outside, so as long as the indie looks ok, then I am ok, as its my third year of taking a rental of 100.000 plus, and the Budget seems under control, and the Service Charge is reducing why worry Eh.

Do you own an Apartment there by the way?

Al.

#16,994 ·
Nice pictures but makes me question whether supertall buildings are appropriate for a marina environment. Seems a miss match to me. If they ever built the Marina Sky towers it would ruin this end of the marina and make it so claustrophobic. But they don't do common sense in Dubai!

#16,995 ·
I dont understand Fightback, whats wrong with posting a picture of the Torch on the Torch Thread. seems pretty legit to me, and a lovely Photo it is as well.

Impy, quite often the Heat or a windy Day will hold up work on the Outside, so as long as the indie looks ok, then I am ok, as its my third year of taking a rental of 100.000 plus, and the Budget seems under control, and the Service Charge is reducing why worry Eh.

Do you own an Apartment there by the way?

Al.
Yes I do own an apartment which I bought off plan at the sales presentation held in a hotel by Dubai Select in Knightsbridge in either 2006 or 2007 but thanks for your interest.

#17,000 ·
Service charge per sqft including a/c?

AED 16.1 psf per annum (all inclusive), billed quarterly.

Do you have a/c meter installed?

No.

How is your general opinion about the tower and maintainance?

Kingfield seem to be doing a good job. Maintenance charge collections are enforced well by disabling lift access on an individual basis for non payment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.