SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 4,998 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Thread appointed to discuss and show motorways (dálnice) and expressways (rychlostní silnice) in entire Czechia

Motorways: 1007 km planned length; 626 km + 18 km (half profile) in operation; 61 km u/c

Expressways: 1150 km planned length; 406 km + 37 km (half profile) in operation; 36 km u/c

<2007>
newly opened: 24,0 km of motorways; 25,9 km of expressways
construction start: 65,8 km of motorways; 50,7 km of expressways

<2008>
newly opened: 40,2 km + 29,8 km (half profile) of motorways; 27,3 km of expressways
construction start: 71,9 km of motorways; 150,2 km of expressways

<2009>
newly opened: 47,7 km of motorways; 36,4 km of expressways
construction start: 96,2 km of motorways; 123,3 km of expressways

<2010>
newly opened: 33,1 km of motorways; 125,6 km of expressways
construction start: 64,5 km + 12,9 km (half profile) of motorways; 131,3 km of expressways

<2011>
newly opened: 16,1 km of motorways; 84,5 km of expressways
construction start: 7,9 km of motorways; 48,9 km of expressways

<2012>
newly opened: 72,2 km of motorways; 76,9 km of expressways
construction start: 9,7 km of motorways; 29,8 km of expressways

<2013>
newly opened: 85,1 km + 6,3 km (extension profile) of motorways; 83,9 km of expressways
construction start: 6,4 km of motorways; 33,1 km of expressways

<2014>
newly opened: 40,4 km + 6,6 km (extension profile) of motorways; 99,2 km of expressways

<2015>
newly opened: 9,7 km (extension profile) of motorways; 102,2 km of expressways

Previous thread about Czech Higways

So this year and again 2008 and 2009 are the highlists of the highway construction. in 2009 impressive number of more than 100 km of new opened sections :cheers:

And, also the expressway between Zilina and Ostrava seem to be more and more realistic. On www.dialnice.info is an article,where Czech Ministry of Transport expressed the will to plan and construct expressway /Jablunkov bypass is already U/C,but I am not sure, whether it´s expressway/ :)

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Everything depends on money so we will see... :)
Expressway between Žilina and Ostrava is definitly needed. There is already heavy traffic, mainly freight, and after Kia factory in Žilina and Hyundai in Nošovice will be built, then it will even increased.

Now something more current in the west of the country:
The following 23,4km long part of D8 motorway [Prague - Ústí nad Labem - CZ/D border - (Dresden)] from the city of Ústí nad Labem to Czech/German border (Km 69,3 – 92,7) will be opened this year in December. German A17 from CZ/D border via Pirna to Dresden will be opened at the same time.

Photos from June 2006

Km 69,5; 1060m long flyover bridge near city of Ústí nad Labem, behind it starts 468m long bridge over Ždínické brooks

Km 70,0

Km 74,0

Km 76,5; escapist zone, České Středohoří mountains in distance

Km 77,0

Km 80,0; flyoverbridge Knínice is visible in distance

Km 81,0; 1070m long Knínice flyoverbridge and Libouchec tunnel (535m)

Km 81,5

Km 82,5

Km 83,0; Libouchec tunnel south portal

Km 83,5; north Portal of Libouchec tunnel and south portal of Panenská tunnel

Km 86,5; north portal of Panenská tunnel (2021m), photo from July 2005

Km 87,0; last exit before Germany, photo from 2.9.2006

Km 88,5

Km 89,0; 525 m long Mordova rokle bridge

Km 91,0

Km 92,0; Rybný potok bridge (354m)

photo from 10/2005

Km 92,5; 510 m long CZ/D border bridge, 56 m above ground level, the tunnel (Harthe) is already in Germany

map

visualisation (114MB)
http://www.ceskedalnice.cz/video/d8_0807_trmice_nemecko.avi

Timoth12 said:
So this year and again 2008 and 2009 are the highlists of the highway construction. in 2009 impressive number of more than 100 km of new opened sections :cheers:

And, also the expressway between Zilina and Ostrava seem to be more and more realistic. On www.dialnice.info is an article,where Czech Ministry of Transport expressed the will to plan and construct expressway /Jablunkov bypass is already U/C,but I am not sure, whether it´s expressway/ :)
Yes, I've read it yesterday in newspaper Pravda, here is link:
http://www.tvojepeniaze.sk/cesi-chcu-dialnicu-do-ziliny-d1n-/sk_pludia.asp?c=A060908_163617_sk_pludia_p01

Yes, just for the information to the others - little off topic: Pravda is now owned by British newspaper company. ;)

And I am also curious, what will be the priority besides ongoing construction, whether complete 3x3 additional one lane construction of D1 Praha-Brno, or the new construction of R35 expressway.

Timoth12 said:
Yes, just for the information to the others - little off topic: Pravda is now owned by British newspaper company. ;)
I cannot see any connection between new owner of Pravda and highway between Žilina and Ostrava. It is very offtopic.

Pravda newspaper sources have been not very reliable before - because of the past. My purpose was just to underline the reliability of the information you provided a link to. Well, as these information are really off topic, I suggest to turn back to the thread topic - Czech highways.

I don't know if there's any value of this post :D but still... I think it's a pity to see how few 'cool' roads there are in Czech Republic if you look at many maps, especially those with a scale of let's say 1:3,000,000 (like maps of Europe), considering that especially in CZ the (at least) 4-lane expressways (rychlostní silnice) are almost as good as the motorways (dálnice), even with the same speed limit (130 km/h) and hard shoulders, if I'm right.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Usually? I don't know, where? IMO expressways are marked as thin motorways usually. True is that there are only little differences between Motorway and Expressway.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
I must admit you are right. That's problem of the map (or creator of the map), it doesn't offer exact information to its users. But what is important for us here in Czechia is we know that these expressways exist, they are marked on our maps and we can drive our cars on them :D

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Discussion starter · #19 ·
Ano, poslední 3,5km dálnice D5. A bude tam vůbec první tunel na dálnici u nás (dlouhý plných 350 m :) )
tady je foto ze září

...a ze dne otevřených dveří tento víkend

Bohužel mám teď málo času na updaty, docela bych uvítal kdyby se tu objevil někdo od nás a trochu s tím pohnul. Já sem budu chodit jak budu moct, ale už to bude z mé strany asi chudší. Naštěstí tohle fórum žije a to hlavně díky Slovensku a Bratislavě :)

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Yesterday last 3.5km of total 151 km long D5 motorway (Prague-Pilsen-D/CZ border-Nürnberg) together with german A6 from border to A93 had been opened so since now the czech motorway network is connected with germans one and whole western europe as well.
380m long "Valík" tunnel is included on D5.

Motorway police centre for Valík tunnel

Dynamic weighing machine

1 - 20 of 4,998 Posts