SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Kota!!

68K views 292 replies 68 participants last post by  poppers12345 
#1 ·
It used to be the Central Business District of Batavia. Now its a pretty derelict part of town. I hope you guys enjoy old buildings.

See less See more
#3 ·
I took it around January this year. I was in Jakarta for a month and thought of nothing better to do than take pictures.

Yeah, I think it is nice. I have some pics of Kali Besar. I think the city gov.'s planning to remake it into a tourist district. I think they should. There is a lot of buildings here that could be turned into hotels or restaurants or even mini--malls.

During the 20-30s, the area was the main business district of Batavia. This is the place where many International Banks and Corporations have their office.

#14 ·
actually my city Cirebon have a lot ancient building but many of them ruined by last reign ( U know who !!), one of remain those building become pic on Indonesian money..

'anyway nice pic's

#17 ·
kikitielman said:
wow never explore jarta to the detail, they blow me out of the water, nice pics, and welcome for wonkcerbon, abdi oge ti tanah sunda
thanks bro..
awewe Bandung rulesz..!!

#20 ·
Building owners to revive old Batavia
The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

Formerly the center of trade and business activities in the Dutch colonial era, the Kota area in West Jakarta is in dire need of conservation as it crumbles away due to the ravages of time and neglect.

The absence of any progress in the planned restoration programs of the city administration has prompted several residents, who own heritage buildings in the area, to team up to establish the Batavia Advancement Committee as an effort to revive the historical area.

"We are really impatient considering that there has been no progress made by the administration to revive the Kota area... That's why we established this group, comprising of heritage building owners, to push the administration to conduct its program to restore the area," Ella Ubaidi, one of the owners told The Jakarta Post on Monday.

At least seven people, who owns properties in Kota, have joined the group to push the revitalization program.

"Of course, we will invite more 'neighbors', who own heritage sites in the area, to join the drive. We want to restore the area so that it will be worth seeing as a tourist attraction, like other old cities in the West," she said.

The group will organize a ceremony on Sept. 26 at Kali Besar River as a public campaign to clean the river so that the people will not treat the 13 rivers flowing through the city as their garbage dump. Foreign ambassadors and Governor Sutiyoso are expected to attend the ceremony.

In preparation for the ceremony, the City Public Works Agency and the City Sanitation Agency cleaned up the river last week.

The committee, led by Miranda Gultom representing Bank Indonesia, which owns one of the buildings located in the zone, met with Jakarta officials to discuss the future of the restoration program.

Critics have repeatedly said that the administration's poor attention to heritage sites has left many buildings in poor condition.

Jakarta is home to hundreds of heritage sites, most of which are in a poor condition since their owners refuse to fork out the huge funds needed to preserve the old buildings, arguing that the buildings have no economic value.

The administration declared Kota as a city tourist destination as well as a conservation zone in 1972 when Ali Sadikin was governor.

Most Jakarta governors after Ali from Tjokropranolo up to Sutiyoso have also announced programs to revitalize the area, however, none have materialized so far.

#21 ·
City Walk Sebagai Alternatif Penataan Kota Tua
Rabu, 08 September 2004 | 16:18 WIB

TEMPO Interaktif, Jakarta:pemerintah Provinsi DKI Jakarta memilih city walk sebagai konsep alternatif penataan kota tua yang terletak di Jakarta Barat dan Jakarta Utara.

"Saat ini konsepnya masih digodok di Bappeda Provinsi," ujar Kepala Sub Bagian Tata Ruang dan Pengembangan Kota Administrasi Sarana Perkotaan Jakarta Barat, Bambang Djoko Susilo, di Jakarta Rabu (8/9).

Menurut Bambang, konsep city walk ini sangat cocok untuk penataan kota tua yang masih memiliki gedung-gedung bernilai historis. "Karena kota tua memiliki potensi untuk dikembangkan sebagai daerah pariwisata, sehingga konservasi gedung tua dinilai perlu dilakukan," ujarnya.

Menurut Bambang, masalah yang ditemui saat ini ialah bagaimana melakukan penataan gebung-gedung tua tersebut, yang notabenenya milik masyarakat. Oleh karena itu, pemerintah berencana untuk membentuk forum bebas yang menangani penataan gedung-gedung tersebut.

"Anggotanya terdiri dari pakar tata kota, misalnya Ikatan Arsitektur Indonesia, mahasiswa, dan terutama masyarakat sekitar sendiri. Sebelum pembentukan forum ini, langkah awal yang harus dilakukan ialah menangani kemacetan lalu lintas yang tiap hari terjadi.

Bambang menjelaskan, busway adalah langkah awal yang baik, yang akan dikembangkan untuk transportasi ke kota tua. Sampai saat ini busway baru sampai Stasiun Kota.

"Nantinya, jalur busway akan dibuat mengelilingi kota tua. Sehingga di tengah kota tidak ada kendaraan bermotor, yang ada hanya ojek sepeda sebagai transportasi utama di dalam kota tua," katanya.

Dipilihnya ojek sepeda sebagai transportasi utama juga untuk tetap melestarikan mata pencaharian warga sekitar kota tua, yang memang dari dulu telah ada.

Penataan kota tua ini kemungkinan juga akan diikuti oleh pemugaran gedung-gedung tua. Bambang menjelaskan, tipe pemugaran ada dua, yaitu pemugaran yang dilakukan dengan tidak mengubah ciri-ciri aslinya dan pemugaran yang tidak boleh dilakukan sama sekali, contohnya museum.

#25 ·
WOW! nice pics, apart of voc building which a restaurant last time i went, i never actually realise most of these building are still well preserved.

I think when ur there the traffic-macet really takes all your attention, without realising ur surrounded by these classic buidlings,

thanks for the effort guys, I rarely seing these kota lama buildings without any macet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.