Tags
oilers
136K views 245 replies 66 participants last post by  itom 987 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Edmonton Oilers

5x Champion:
1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990

EDMONTON - Oil Dome (18,500)

Katz Group is proposing a $450 million arena to be built by Edmonton based PCL Construction. The primary tenant would be the Edmonton Oilers of the NHL. The design was inspired by a drop of oil This is oil country, after all!

See less See more
#5 ·
Alberta is very wealthy. They can afford the best money can buy. They're not going to build something ordinary like Staples Center or General Motors Place.

Ugly? You're crazy. Apart for Sprint Center, this is the first nice arena design I've ever seen proposed in north America. The standard arena on this continent looks like a giant Best Buy big box store.

#4 ·
I haven't come across any yet.

I just love this design. This is 10 times nicer than any arena in the world with the possible exception of the Sprint Center in Kansas City. It makes everything else on this continent look like a piece of crap. I'm just salivating over these renderings. About time we got something nice.

#12 ·
I'm not sure at this point, but I'm hoping for something like that.

#14 ·
looks like a giant pork chop
Covered in mercury! Sooooooo awesome! This could end up being my favourite project on the planet. :master:

#47 ·
I think we've reached a point in arena designs where being generic needs to be considered lazy, unambitious and flat out bad. This is why I applaud anyone attempting to make their own mark ... even the currently under construction arena in Perth, Australia. Aesthetically, it looks quite unpleasing but at least they have broken free from the mold.

#49 ·
Besides going to see the Leafs last year, I haven't watched an NHL game in about 10 years so I'll take your word for it! :colgate:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.