SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Chong Cheng School

5K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Facade 
#1 ·
Chong Cheng School, not to be confused with Chung Cheng High.

:eek:
Does anyone know where it is?

See less See more
#3 ·
Chong Cheng is Chong (2) Zheng (4)

Chung Cheng is Zhong (1) Zheng (4)

:)

I think it's still there like 2 or 3 years ago.SPI featured it's photo (mistakenly) during its investigations to Chung Cheng High's reputed haunting.

I also recall seeing a nostalgic looking art deco former school building somewhere in the city. I know it sounds very vague...

I think it is around either Middle Road area or Kampong Glam area. Been a few years since I last passed by it.

#9 ·
Old Monfort School is demolished. Yes... It is rumoured to be haunted. That is because there is a graveyard beside it around 15 years ago? Just before it was demolished, I went into it and it was so run down that I cant really proceed further than a few steps. The ceiling might just fall anytime.

When the graveyard ready for "shifting" (where are the remains are transferred), a lot of weird sounds were heard. Not really pertaining to Old Monfort School itself but the entire area surrounding it.

#16 ·
RafflesCity said:
The old Chong Cheng Sch has been restored and preserved.

pic by hyacinthus

@Facade

the old Montfort was definitely creepy..I once went to explore it with 2 frens in 1997 late at night...I remember the corridor leading down to the toilet at the end was so spooky! :eek:

look much better after restoration ! (i have been to there ) 2001 !

singapore is good at transforming old building into (like new one)! :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.