SkyscraperCity Forum banner

World Trade Center on 9-11

2M views 4K replies 255 participants last post by  luchkovtim 
#1 ·
So people like Kon133 can post 9-11 pics to their heart's content instead of on the THE MEGA WTC Picture Thread.

#134 ·
Im not looking for show, but its just interesting that among thousands of people inside no one took photos of whats going on. For example photos of North Tower burning from South Tower.You have to remember that at the time and later, when being evacuated, probably no one has knew that planes have crashed and that day will be one of the most tragic in USA history.

I have much respact for all those who lost their lifes on 9.11 and those who survived or were deeply touched by attacks.

#135 ·
When the North Tower was hit people started to evacuate the South Tower. many were advised to return to their offices as the 'problem' was confined to the other tower. Guess many still left but this leaves all the surrounding buildings like WTC 7, The Millenium Hotel, The Verizon Building,The WFC, One Liberty Plaza, 22 Cortland St, Bankers Trust now being demolished. All these nearby buildings would have had thousands of faces watching the events unfold.....with digital cameras common there must have been lot's of people taking pics and movies ? Then those buildings became involved so when would the word have gone out that all these buildings be evacuated ? If it was when the first tower collapsed it's amazing some lives weren't lost in any of these buildings....I haven't heard any stories about people evacuating WTC 7 but they must have all got out well before it collapsed later in the day.

#137 ·
You must remember, this was in 2001, before youtube, before the iphone/smartphone entered the market and when cameras on even the most advanced phones were pretty shitty. Most of the videos you see are taken on actual hand held dedicated video cameras mostly carried by tourists/people sight seeing. The people in the buildings you described were office workers, and who the hell brings a video camera to work?

#136 ·
These pix just make me want to cry.
I think the towers oughta just be rebuilt. They weren't particularly pretty, just a pair of extra-tall gray boxes really, but we've got a REALLY sore spot for them. It'd be a really good way to give Al-Qaeda the finger. And once they're rebuilt, cover the roof of both with spotlights all pointing directly up like in the last picture above.

#138 ·
Yeah, Digital cameras were not as common back then. More likely people in the Millennium Hotel opposite than general office workers having cameras......and in Lower Manhattan many hotel guests may be business people not tourists.......as an aside just heard news the Eiffel Tower in Paris had a bomb threat the day after 'Burkers' were banned in France. So how are average people not to link Muslims with terrorism.....I accept the right for all to exist, but that should be a two way street.

#146 ·
I am not an expert or have more information than anyone else......probably less? I was in New York in Sept. 2007 and was handed a DVD on the street by people who subscribe to the Conspiracy theory. I watched it with an open mind but the points you mention can be explained by the events from large airliners impacting the towers. To imagine all this plus bombs....heck, to coordinate all that is too ridiculous........but then people can have wild imaginations if they want.

#147 ·
Today, March 8th 2011 watching TV news here in Australia and a News story came on showing 9/11 vision from police helicopters. It inferred this vision has not been seen before and has just been released ? I would think New York or the US would see this at least at the same time as down here. I think I may have seen it a long time back, maybe on this thread......There must have been many cameras watching that day and guess over the years more will find there way into the public realm. Hard to believe it will be 10 years this September but still as shocking as the day it happened.

#150 ·
Some sobering images in this thread.

Hard to believe it will be 10 years this week. I am also from Melbourne, Australia and was 17 at the time. I'd just arrived home just before 11pm and my brother called me to check out the news. It had been only about 10 minutes after the first plane went in and then we watched as the second one approached and hit the south tower.

Was glued to the television for hours. All newspapers and television networks ran 24/7 coverage of the tragedy for over 2 weeks in Australia. The amount of destruction was just surreal. Even now after a decade, it's an event that you just can't imagine. It was something that was a global disaster and affected people worldwide.

#152 ·
Guys, I have some questions. Someone could help me?

--- How many people were working on both towers in that morning?

--- Were there survivors above the point of impact?

--- Who were the oldest and the youngest victims on the World Trade Center?

#185 ·
Guys, I have some questions. Someone could help me?

--- How many people were working on both towers in that morning?

--- Were there survivors above the point of impact?

--- Who were the oldest and the youngest victims on the World Trade Center?

It is believe that among 14.000-17.000 people were inside the complex at the time of the attacks

Yes there was a few survivors, not many, since only a few could reached the emergency stairs, at least the one that weren't destroyed by the blast

The oldest person was in their 80's and the youngest was 17 (inside the towers) on one of the planes there was a 3 years old

#157 ·
Ok guys, since the beginning of this thread you discredit the conspiracy theories that I see a lot of documentation about it, and many people say different things and many unrealistic theories comes out.
But the main thing is that planes got out of control for a while and the air force didn't respond. We can stay talking about that towers project and if a plane crash in a middle point can affect the base making that kind of collapsing.
But I have 2 questions for you:

- What meant all the people inside the lower levels of the towers, talking about explosions next door and also before the crashes higher?

- Why the building 7 collapsed that day not being touched by any plane and having just some isolated fire burns. Is it not strange for you that a steel structure building fail without a understandable reason? And not in peaces but as a perfect controlled demolition.

I don't want to bother anyone but we need to be realistic on our discussions, I know that was awful and anyone will not forget that day, same as me. We can regret and be angry or nostalgic but these questions stay unexplained for me and for many people.

#159 ·
I didn't realise how large the footprints of the towers actually were, until I looked at that picture above showing the people dotted around them.

What are the two buildings next to the West Side Highway for?

RIP to all the victims from this horrific day, 10 years ago; and God bless the families.