SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The Official USA Mall Thread

226K views 260 replies 102 participants last post by  Alteo 
#1 · (Edited)
Post any pics of malls, shopping centers, strip malls, etc!

#13 ·
The Victoria stuff looks much worse because of the Texas habit of putting wide fringes of nothing between the road and the parking lot, a la Home Depot. Some trees would help things greatly.

I wasn't talking about which stores you have. If I was, I wouldn't be impressed by chains.

#14 ·
I don't go to the mall very often.

But, when I do...I go to Buckland Hills Mall, which is about 7 miles northeast of downtown. The whole place is crazy with development...a lifestyle center was just built nearby. From this mall, there are about 4 whole miles of strip malls, big box stores, you name it.

Here's a pic of the interior. The mall looks nice inside. Looks like a early morning pic.

#30 ·
No, McMansion neightborhoods, but I think I can scrounge up a mansion for you though.

This one has 7bd/6.5bth and is located in Pacific Heights. Its somewhat of a fixer upper and can be yours for just $55,000,000

You know, your pretty demanding. LOL

#36 ·
The King of Prussia Mall in suburban Philly...

It's the largest shopping mall on the East Coast of the United States, the second largest shopping mall in the country, and the largest shopping mall in the country in terms of leasable retail space.
So while the Mall of America is bigger, it's not as big from a pure retail point of view.

#40 · (Edited)
Willow Grove Mall, another big mall in the Philadelphia area. It used to be an amusement park. Departments stores are Sears, Boscov's, and Macy's. Cheesecake Factory coming in 2008!!!!:

Willow Grove Park is a three level Center, which was completely renovated in 2001 and offers an elegant Victorian atmosphere that is a tribute to its namesake, a famous turn-of-the-19th century amusement park. Special features include a custom designed carousel attraction in its own feature entrance, a fanciful carousel circling above a spectacular fountain, working carillon clock, food court tables inlaid with memorabilia from the original Willow Grove Park, and abundant lighting provided by Victorian street lamps and crystal chandeliers. Explore Willow Grove Park today … it’s a Shopping Fantasy Come True!

http://www.willowgroveparkmall.com/

More than 1,200,000 square feet large, more than 830,000 people near it.

#43 ·
Westfield Valley Fair

Its one of the biggest malls in the South Bay with a total retail floor area 1,475,600ft2, bordered between San Jose and Santa Clara.

Original Valley Fair:

The mall has been expanded twice already, but they're planning a 3rd expansion. Its also right across the street from Santana Row.

#45 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.