SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Kochi IT updates | Infopark | IT Parks & SEZs

Tags
kochi
2M views 8K replies 238 participants last post by  citytracker 
#1 ·
Post news, updates, photos & discuss InfoPark, Kochi.

Over view of InfoPark:

See less See more
#402 ·
Yes it seems. The satellite view show the presence of few buildings in the area. It's weird to have private residential plots in the middle of an IT park!
I am sure, some big sharks or private company will purchase the center piece, once Infopark 2 and Smart City comes up.... The land value will be higher and naturally individual small houses will sell it and leave the place as a crorepatis....

I wishes, I could own a 5 cent of land in that piece of land!!!!

#405 ·
Thanks "chekuthan" for the doc....

Looks like a good deal for IT companies to get land @ Rs 206 lakhs per acre.

This clause is also good, hope that gets enforced :

Time Line for commencement Of construction in the leased land: Within 6 months from the date of execution of lease agreement subject to obtaining necessary statutory approvals.

#406 ·
RapidValue announces aggressive expansion plans
RapidValue Solutions, the Infopark Kochi based mobility solutions provider is planning a major expansion over the next 9-12 months. The company also plans to launch its new facility at Leela Infopark, Kochi by March 2012. The expansion will give a boost to Rapid Value’s ambitious growth plans enabling it to strengthen its relationships with clients and partners, and to provide solutions in high growth areas such as information management, mobile application development and big data. These decisions were taken at their Board Meeting held last week.

In a release, Rajesh Padinjaremadam, CEO, RapidValue said, “The market demand for mobile enterprise applications is growing exponentially and we are going to scale rapidly to meet this demand. We plan to increase our headcount from 100 to 200 plus by the end of this year.” RapidValue has already deployed mobility solutions for large enterprises across verticals including retail, finance, media, health and banking. Over the last two years, the company has secured a number of major partnerships with some of the leading players across industries.

Rinish K, CTO, RapidValue said, “Scaling up resources in line with soaring business demands will be a top priority this quarter. We are looking to meet candidates who can potentially keep pace with our growth and global expansion drive”

RapidValue will embark on an aggressive recruitment drive over the weekend to hire lateral employees with 2 to 10 years of experience in software development, project management and marketing. A day long walk-in interview will be held on January 21, 2012 in Trivandrum and the company expects to close 30 vacancies by this weekend. The positions will be based out of their offices in Infopark, Kochi and California.

RapidValue was founded in 2008 by senior executives from Deloitte, IBM, Oracle, and Infosys to enable enterprises to deploy disruptive solutions in consumer and enterprise mobility.

#407 ·
I am sure, some big sharks or private company will purchase the center piece, once Infopark 2 and Smart City comes up.... The land value will be higher and naturally individual small houses will sell it and leave the place as a crorepatis....

I wishes, I could own a 5 cent of land in that piece of land!!!!
Dear MI i have 5 cent plot in that area, if you want i will sell to you @ 50,00,000/- per cent :cheers: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Good work Chekuthan

#409 ·
Thanks "chekuthan" for the doc....

Looks like a good deal for IT companies to get land @ Rs 206 lakhs per acre.

This clause is also good, hope that gets enforced :

Time Line for commencement Of construction in the leased land: Within 6 months from the date of execution of lease agreement subject to obtaining necessary statutory approvals.
Its a very good deal but Infopark Authorities have to make sure that they get the basic infrastructure in place on time..That will attract MNC's and Developers.. I m not sure how well they have progressed on this.

#410 ·
Dear MI i have 5 cent plot in that area, if you want i will sell to you @ 50,00,000/- per cent :cheers: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Good work Chekuthan
Ayyo!!! Njan Koodeswaran onnum alla!!!! :lol::lol: Well, I hope its not listed in any acquisition for future?

#412 ·
Chances for Leela's Infopark Exit, enters Qatar's QIA, after TECOM in Kerala

The Leela Group (Leelaventure) is looking at deleveraging its debt books further by exiting its assets at Infopark, a tech park located in suburban Kakkanad near Kochi, according to industry sources.

The luxury hotel chain is understood to be in preliminary stages of scouting for a buyer for its 'Leela Infopark' property once it completes the required due diligence procedures. "Leelaventure has been keen to exit its non-core assets. The Kovalam property was sold for Rs 500 crore last year. For the Infopark properties, they are in preliminary stages of chalking out a strategic divestment plan," sources said, saying that it was premature to cite a value for the assets at this stage.

Leelaventure operates its Leela Infopark properties out of Infopark in Kochi and the Technopark in Thiruvananthapuram. The Kochi operations of Leela Infopark have been built out over three phases/units and currently house a number of technology products and services companies. The group developed the IT infrastructure with SEZ (Special Economic Zone) status in three phases at Infopark since 2004, totalling a super built-up area of almost 5 lakh sq ft. Phase I was completed in 2004 and is spread over 127,000 sq ft, while Phase II was completed in 2009 and is spread over 330,000 sq ft. The proposed exit from the Infopark operations is part of the ongoing exercise to ease the company's debt burden of over Rs 3,000 crore, according to investment bankers. Leelaventure is said to be looking at deleveraging at least Rs 1,000 crore worth of non-core assets in the short to medium term.

Leelaventure's debt stood at Rs 3,830 crore at the end of fiscal 2011 which it aims to bring down to Rs 1,000 crore over the next four years.

The Qatar Investment Authority, a sovereign wealth fund, and private equity giant Blackstone are among those said to have evinced interest in the properties in Kerala and other locations.:banana:

Till date, Leelaventure has invested almost Rs 200 crore in setting up IT infrastructure in Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram. Leelaventure subsidiary Leela Soft is a co-developer at Infopark, along with others like L&T Techpark and Brigade Enterprises. A Leela Group spokesperson did not respond to questions seeking comments on the development. When contacted, Infopark CEO Gigo Joseph denied any knowledge of the matter.

In August last year, the group had sold its Kovalam property Leela Resorts Kovalam for Rs 500 crore to Saudi-based petrochemical tycoon Ravi Pillai. However, Leela has not exited the property completely and will enter into a management contract with Pillai to manage the property for 30 years.

#414 ·
If leela is planning to sell its property..then who is building this..

They might be finishing this bldg and selling together.... Leela is in terrible bad shape and requires sale of many projects like this... perhaps, a completed bldg fetches better price than half structured one...

#418 ·
Techies can now lose that bulge

It couldn't have come at a better time. What with the expanding waistlines of men and women (especially the ones who work the graveyard shift), Kochi Infopark officials are on an endeavour to keep the city techies trim and fit.

Apart from constructing a high-tech walkway at the Infopark, the authorities are also planning a gym, spa and yoga centre for the IT professionals. Nearly 3,500 sqft of built up space has already been earmarked for the purpose. "A Kerala-based firm has shown interest in running the wellness centre .We expect the centre to be open soon," said Gijo Joseph, chairman Infopark. "Once the wellness centre ready, it is up to the vendor to run it. But we will provide all support to them," added Joseph. The techies too have not been far behind in demanding such facilities.

"During monsoon, the IT professionals arriving in buses find it difficult to reach the office from the bus station. That's why we decided to construct a walkway with a high-tech roof," said Kurien, senior technical officer, Infopark.

The design of the 400 metre-long walkway, from the old gate of Infopark to Vismaya, one of the IT towers, is already complete. Though the walkway will be only up to Vismaya in the first phase, later it will be extended to other towers like Tapasya and Athulya. There are also plans to display advertisements of firms functioning within Infopark as well as those from outside on the walkway.