SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Random Shots:Vancouver Olympics 2010

20K views 126 replies 22 participants last post by  DWest 
#1 · (Edited)

This thread is intended for street level photos during the olympics

The olympic torch bearer passed through our street today so I was able to take these photos..

Some random shots taken today despite the rain.

the Olympic village

Science World

See less See more
#12 ·
thanks guys for your comments.
T'is true Vancouver hasn't have a snow this winter as I mentioned on my other thread, in fact I uploaded a photo of a spring blossom which I shot Feb. 9. Could we blame Mother Nature for giving too much snow in the East Coast but none in the West?
Anyways, all the venues in Vancouver are indoor except one - the Cypress Mountain (ski resort) which is located close to West Vancouver. I heard that as the the ski resort has not enough snow due to warm conditions that set in in late January, Vanoc organizers trucked in snow from other mountains. They even used helicopter to fly in more snow.
The photo below was taken in Feb. 9. As you can see, there' snow alright but that's not exactly where Cypress mountain is. It is to the left....

#13 ·
Interestingly beautiful set of photos.
yes, I agree, Vancouver has'nt have a real snow this winter and that's dismal cos of the Olympics. I can see to where I live the slope of Grouse mountain ski resort and it has barely snow. This resort anyway is not one of the venues.
thanks @ capricorn for your effort and may you upload some more.

#29 · (Edited)
thanks,,,and that's true like yesterday, I was at Granville island for coffee and muffin but then can't help to shoot some interesting scenes but when we rushed to chinatown, the street celebration was over 'cos the organizers decided to start two hours earlier than usual as requested by the vanoc whatever committee.

In Sochi today +15, not that bad in Vancouver.
that's heartwarming to hear so Vancouver is not alone afterall.

vancouver is beautiful!!!!
thanks for the compliment, yes beautiful vancouver, beautiful british columbia.

I wish i lived in a city hosting the olympics game.
yeah, it's fun. right here, there are like exhibits, mini concerts and other street activities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.