SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Tour on ASEAN ~featuring MANILA~

Tags
manila pinoy
13K views 85 replies 23 participants last post by  timo9 
#1 ·

MANILA - the city of people, city of friendship, city of life. A city which got less attention by fellow Malaysians*. When talk about Philippines, we only know Arroyo, Imelda Marcos, Fidel Ramos, Joseph Estrada, People's Power ...or Mount Pinatobu perhaps? (hah, truly is we love talking about politics...:)). Other than that, we might know about its political crisis, economic crisis, food crisis or any other 'crisis' there.

Yet we forgot the city of Manila where the heart pumped from Makati through its vein of EDSA (Epifanio de los Santos Avenue) and its artery of Roxas Boulevard has many things to offer.

Oh...how i miss its friendship and hospitality....:wave:

*sorry, i give my comment from the eyes of a Malaysian.

See less See more
#31 ·
Wow...cool new pictures Oshkosh...Apa Kabar?

Please do also post other pictures in our Samahan. Terima Kasih!

#33 ·
one of the best threads on SSC.

defnitely one of the best threads ever on SSC , with superb real genuine street-level images of life in Philippines capital it makes me wanna travel to Filipina today ! I'm already tired with black and white images of Philippines/Manila spreading all over sites and media when in reality most of things on the ground are something in between as depicted on this thread, just as the case of any other countries. Another great thing on this thread is that u show images of people on the streets- and it is the people who live up any cities !

#36 ·
Another great thing on this thread is that u show images of people on the streets- and it is the people who live up any cities !
Tourism for me is about to appreciate The Beauty of Life, whoever and where ever they are.... :yes: ,not those flashy modern buildings, temples, statues all that....

NatGeo photographers inspires me a lot....thanks again for the compliment, guys....makes me wanna post more!

oh, btw can i play a bit with my photos...? :D

#42 ·
walang anuman! :D

so, here is the Old Manila, or some peoples might call it..the real manila. the center of business activities back in 1950's. and since the CBD was moved to Makati, this area is kinda neglected and mostly occupied by poors, and some traditional traders. we'll go through into this area soo.

anyway, here is also where the Pasig River which flow from the Laguna de Bay, the largest lake in the philippines to the Manila Bay.

this plant came from the lake....haa...what a long journey there!

#44 ·

here it is...Fort Santiago is a defense fortress built for Spanish conquistador, Miguel López de Legazpi (remember that guy i said before?). The fort is part of the structures of the walled city of Intramuros, in Manila, Philippines.

The location of Fort Santiago was once the site of the palace and kingdom of Rajah Sulayman, a Muslim chieftain of pre-hispanic Manila. It was destroyed by the conquistadors upon arriving in 1570, encountering several battles with the Islamic natives. The Spaniards destroyed the native settlements and erected Fuerza de Santiago in 1571.

here is the fort gate during WW2

the most important Catholic church in Manila. it is too destroyed many times during war and typhoon and earthquake.....:sleepy:

as usual...another wedding...

#46 ·
^^ yeah...you should! just get out from ur hospital and take a walk around old town, jeff...:D

THe Fort Bonifacio Global City, once an american army base. and now, the whole area bought by the Ayala, the largest property developer in philippines. and Makati, as i posted b4 was developed by them too...

here, the FBGC is said to be the 'future' CDB of Manila, as you can see there's no powerlines, no jeepneys, no poors and no Jollibee :D also, you can see here are: aligned trees, luxury condos, open air malls, nice cars and office towers....

#67 ·
^^ yeah...you should! just get out from ur hospital and take a walk around old town, jeff...:D

THe Fort Bonifacio Global City, once an american army base. and now, the whole area bought by the Ayala, the largest property developer in philippines. and Makati, as i posted b4 was developed by them too...

here, the FBGC is said to be the 'future' CDB of Manila, as you can see there's no powerlines, no jeepneys, no poors and no Jollibee :D also, you can see here are: aligned trees, luxury condos, open air malls, nice cars and office towers....
The Fort has a Jollibee ;)

#55 ·
well, now we are going to the chinatown in the district of Binondo. it was said that this is one of the earliest chinese settlement outside the mainland...

but i can't trace any chinese inside bcoz most part of it occupied by poors...

this area seems to be neglected as many others new modern township was built away from it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.