SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Tour on ASEAN ~featuring MANILA~

Tags
manila pinoy
13K views 85 replies 23 participants last post by  timo9 
#1 ·

MANILA - the city of people, city of friendship, city of life. A city which got less attention by fellow Malaysians*. When talk about Philippines, we only know Arroyo, Imelda Marcos, Fidel Ramos, Joseph Estrada, People's Power ...or Mount Pinatobu perhaps? (hah, truly is we love talking about politics...:)). Other than that, we might know about its political crisis, economic crisis, food crisis or any other 'crisis' there.

Yet we forgot the city of Manila where the heart pumped from Makati through its vein of EDSA (Epifanio de los Santos Avenue) and its artery of Roxas Boulevard has many things to offer.

Oh...how i miss its friendship and hospitality....:wave:

*sorry, i give my comment from the eyes of a Malaysian.

See less See more
#66 · (Edited)
great pics yet again!
i didn't know you were still taking them!

well... Ayala is the most celebrated business district. :D

Filipino (based on Tagalog and Spanish) is the national language, but even tho english language is the 2nd language, but most (if not all) signage are written in english...
If I may...

Filipino or Tagalog is a mix of Spanish, English, Hokkien, and Malay and other languages..

Spanish: Banko --> Banco --> Bank
English: Traysikel --> Tricycle
Hokkien: Lumpia --> Lumpia --> Spring Roll
Malay: Kanan --> Kanan --> Right

#64 ·
^^ Hi oshkosh... i'll add more info.

Ayala Avenue is the main avenue of Makati (the financial district of Metro Manila). Ayala Center, which is also along Ayala Avenue, is the most celebrated shopping district, together with Greenbelt in Makati Ave.

In those photos, you are looking towards Makati Avenue and entrance to Greenbelt (the brown structures).

Sorry, If I got you confused again. jajajaja! :D But anyways, your photos are always stunning! Thanks for showing the different faces of Manila. :cheers:

#68 ·
"here, the FBGC is said to be the 'future' CDB of Manila, as you can see there's no powerlines, no jeepneys, no poors and no Jollibee also, you can see here are: aligned trees, luxury condos, open air malls, nice cars and office towers...."

From the towering condos, you can easily see the contrast across C5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.