SkyscraperCity Forum banner

ОХРИД | OHRID

66K views 321 replies 72 participants last post by  Srdjan Adamovic 
#1 ·
#194 · (Edited)
@ Great Makedon
In relation to what you're saying about Macedonians changing their identity, I want to reitarete that my Macedonian side of the family: 1) Felt Bulgarian in 1912 and that is why they immigrated to Bulgaria, just like 2 million other people from Macedonia who moved there. It never occured to anyone that they were going to a foreign country. They felt they were going to the free part of the same country. 2) My relatives currently living in Macedonia know that their parents identified as Bulgarians, but have accepted the Macedonian identity to stay out of trouble. This is a family story but, I believe, it really shows the trend for the Slavs in Macedonia. Point is, if they get a Bulgarian passport, they're getting citizenship of the country that their forefathers belonged to. This is by no means treason.
@ Dewrob - Your pictures were great, indeed; It's just that pictures of the old capital city will always cause political thoughts. That's what capital cities do :)

#201 ·
@ Great Makedon
In relation to what you're saying about Macedonians changing their identity, I want to reitarete that my Macedonian side of the family: 1) Felt Bulgarian in 1912 and that is why they immigrated to Bulgaria, just like 2 million other people from Macedonia who moved there. It never occured to anyone that they were going to a foreign country. They felt they were going to the free part of the same country. 2) My relatives currently living in Macedonia know that their parents identified as Bulgarians, but have accepted the Macedonian identity to stay out of trouble. This is a family story but, I believe, it really shows the trend for the Slavs in Macedonia. Point is, if they get a Bulgarian passport, they're getting citizenship of the country that their forefathers belonged to. This is by no means treason.
1) 2 million other people from Macedonia? Wow! i mean, the whole of geographical Macedonia barely had 2 million people 90years ago... are you saying the whole population of Macedonia moved to Bulgaria? shit, where did i come from? coz as far as i can trace my family tree they all lived in Macedonia.
2) Nice family story you have, now ill tell you my family story. My grandmother was beaten in primary school for saying to the teacher that she is macedonian, the teacher forced them to say they are serbians. During WWII the Bulgarians occupied Macedonia and they did the same, told them that they are not Macedonians and that they are Bulgarians... and ill tell you another story, my grandparents said that they all celebrated when the bulgarian occupiers were defeated by the partisans.
One thing i respect the albanians for is, atleast they dont have an issue with our identity, unlike the greeks, bulgarians and to a lesser extent the serbs.

Sorry i went off topic now if anyone wants to continue this msg me in private since i wont respond in here. btw dont call me a slav, i find that as an offence.

#203 · (Edited)
@ Great Makedon

About the word 'Slavs', I'm sorry that the word describing your and my 'sub-race' offends you. About the Serbs beating people for not being Serbian, we all know that. That is why Bulgaria took part in both world wars. Also, you can google pictures online of the population welcoming them with flowers and Bulgarian flags, so I don't think occupation is the correct word here.
Skopje (1942): http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/6149/bulgarian125ip9.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3063/fyromwwii3hs0.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4895/fyromwwii6xi3.jpg
People from Macedonia in Sofia: http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/411/fyromwwii13do6.jpg
And finally, the partisans didn't defeat anyone. They came down from the mountains when the Bulgarian army left (after it defeated the German army).
Then the Bulgarian army (40% people from Macedonia) continued north and liberated everything up to Hungary. http://www.webdesign-eu.com/shefa/bgarmbelg.jpg
History (not based on Blazhe Ristovski) is a very interesting subject and I highly recommend it :nuts:

#206 · (Edited)
Why are you always bringing up politics for? It's an Ohrid photo thread, not a ww2 history thread, do you understand? As for the people that welcomed the bulgarian army, they were hoping that the bg army wouldn't harm them or any others in Macedonia, but they were wrong. Thousands of Macedonian's were slaughtered, including 23,000 Macedonian Jews. So that to me is brutal occupation and nothing else.
SO PLEASE STOP RUINING EVERY MACEDONIAN THREAD WITH YOUR PROPAGANDA!!!

#209 ·
I am sorry it had to be on a picture thread, but I was responding to someone else who wrote before me. And I'm not writing propaganda, but history. When someone has been lied to the friendly thing is to help them clear it up. If they don't even want to consider they might be wrong, too bad for them. I've had this discussion many times and have already considered that maybe I was wrong, so I checked primary sources, and they confirm what I'm teling you. That's all for me - sorry for filling a picture thread with information about the history of the place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.