SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Latest insanity from Dubai

124K views 605 replies 135 participants last post by  kupolamánia 
#1 ·
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=5023433

Dubai-Lover said:
after a few rumours and hints dubai has finally approved the world's second tallest tower called park square tower

it will have 150 floors, the height still is a secret but will be around 700m

the tower is only for hotel-use, but as it is so big, it will house about 6 to 7 hotels

construction is expected to start this year, the site for the new park square project, which consists of 30 commercial towers and 10 residential towers as well as 2 hotel towers, is ready to start with construction

completion date is scheduled to be 2010
tower is worth around $1.5bn
size is 2.1m sqm

sorry, no render has been published, but the architect is ARTEC

#2 ·
ARTEC are not architects. They are a consultant company.
http://www.artec-usa.com/

That thread is bullshit.

Why do people from dubai belive such shit, the guy didn't even give a source for his info.

#3 ·
The tallest building in the Park Square project is Park Lane Tower which will only be around 250m

#4 ·
I was at the press conference, Bonyan are behind the project, 150 floors at least, render in a few weeks, and the height is posted in UAE section. [being at the PC i am not allowed to tell anyone]...or 'they' will come after me! :runaway:

#7 ·
Yes this project has been in the pipeline for quite some time.
Rod Stewart reportedly bought the "United Kingdom" and "Australia" has been turned into the most luxurious of islands, being bought by several business men.
Really is an amazing project, same as their "Palms' project too.

#9 ·
probably wouldnt surprise me, looks at the amount of reclaimation and the speed they are doing it, I do worry about the quality of the work sometimes, yes it all looks stunning but if an earthquake hits what then? Do Palms and the World sink back into the seas, do their towers still stand? God forbid that ever happens to them

#11 ·
There's no way that can be true. There are about 2000 cranes in Dubai. In my own city of 150,000 people there are at least 50 so that means about 1% of the world's cranes are in a town of this size, and in Ireland the anti-highrise haven :hahaha:.

There's no way that can be true :D

#17 ·
The joke is that most of these projects will theses built!
Imagine if the 'Palm Deira' project was built, say, in the Thames gateway in London - it's pretty hard to picture isn't it? Although i think Dubai is fast becoming the experimental city for projects like this, i think these developments should be kept in Dubai...and allowed nowhere near the UK!

#21 ·
Martin S said:
Amazing - all that development and only three people on the beach!
Wow, impressive! Because the pic shows 3 people does that mean that the beach never has more than 3 people? :|

Dubai's hotel occupancy is one of the highest in the world btw, something around 90% so I don't know what everyone's talking about.

That skyscraper project by the beach is damn ugly though. Even worse is that it ruins the rest of that area where some really nice-looking towers are being built.

#22 ·
I worry about Dubai - it's all well and good to build a city at this speed but eventually the economic bubble will burst, as in SE Asia a few years back.
I've also heard that although it looks impressive the place has boomed so fast it hasn't got much soul about it.

#26 ·
Latic said:
I worry about Dubai - it's all well and good to build a city at this speed but eventually the economic bubble will burst, as in SE Asia a few years back.
I've also heard that although it looks impressive the place has boomed so fast it hasn't got much soul about it.

on the contrary, dubai has plenty of soul but the new developments tend to destroy the soul it has long had.

the location where this whole skyscraper beach project (dubai marina) is used to be one of my favourite areas in dubai. it was away from the city, dark (you could see the stars), peaceful, serene and had some amazing hotels - the royal mirage, which was so beautiful and peaceful. as amazing as the marina is, it has completely destroyed the serenity that once was characteristic of dubai's outskirts. now its set to become a busy bustling place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.