SkyscraperCity Forum banner

WTB | DUBAI | Burj Dubai | 818m | 2684ft | 162 fl | U/C

2M views 8K replies 794 participants last post by  Charles Dubai 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#3,422 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have followed closely (maybe I have a good memory and care about lil'details) different press releases for various projects in Dubai and i can guaranty you never to rely on them for the latest informations.

We have got press releases for appointing contractors to build some towers, when they were working there for 2 - 3 months. They say some construction proccess are about to start, when we have seen with our own eyes they started already.

Plus keep in mind that press releases are part of the marketing strategies, and as such are carefully planned to draw the most possible of attention to the subject. The timing is everything, choose the wrong moment and all will go un-noticed.

Now thing about this: July is here and holiday season has started worldwide, people don't care about the news now.

PRECEDENT: The 100th floor was reached on December 30th, 2006 and it was clear for everyone from the picture updates. When EMAAR issued the press release for the same? Just check back the thread and you'll understand what I mean.

#3,423 ·
gee if wikipedia says so, it must be? wtf ,why do people constantly refer to wikipedia for accurate info? its as accurate as the people editing it.

#3,429 ·
But im not saying i know the height, all im saying is that the Emaar figures should be shown, not a third parties.
I know that you don`t know the height. I think nobody here realy know the height but there are enough dedicated people who spend a lot of free time and trying to calculate the real height. And if enough of them say that it`s the tallest building in the world than i will believe it.

#3,430 ·
i dunno, 9 metres in 500 is under a 2% margin of error. so sky tower gets his info from techE and bikes gets his info from emaar, no? tbh emaar is emaar and when the concrete stops we will know who was correct until then im with emaar.

#3,431 ·
Bikes, they are not EMAAR figures and never have been. They are posted by James Allen who works for a company called Favicon. He does not work for, or has any association with EMAAR whatsoever, just like me. So why believe his pre determined figures based on the board heights (which is currently 2 floors out) over heights which are posted the very same day that a GPS reading becomes available to me?

#3,435 · (Edited)
im not getting into any fights or anything.
i have lev137slab as 498m,
lev138 slab=502m
and lev139 slab or tier12 as 508m.
thus lev138 is 6m high because its a mech floor.
so skytower is close by his calcs. but im not sure if 139 would be constructed yet. maybe just some sections of scaffoldformwork ect.
So as of imres pic,- built concrete is @lev138slab/502m while scaffold/formwork is approx 508m high. or as high as taipei101. we will have to wait for next rise to surpass it.
http://dubaimegaprojects.com/images/burjedit1.jpg

#3,439 ·
Still, sky tower, you didn't answer my question. Why was TechE's "insider" link leading to one of your servers ?

Vincent.
TechE (Bouduin) found the link after an intern pointed it out to him from the company who produced the Besix's staff Intranet and posted the link for us all to see which originally appeared on a test page on site called Alys in Brussells.....of which from my records was http://www.alys.be/intranet/test2.html where the original file was shown on TechE's first post.
At the time, I did a screencap to post a copy to show on some other forums and posted it on the website I was working on at the time, my debt solutions company that's tied in with UK Bankruptcy Ltd (my insolvency company) called National Debt Advice Centres Plc or ndac.com in which it appeard for about 2 days on this testing site (insolvency link farm for Google search optimization) I was working on. Rather than post the original link to the site itself (which was unfinished and uninspiring) I sourced the background html code which gave us much more information on the makup and build of the site which I then posted here and at SSP for all to see.
Our nameless friend has from then on got it into their head that I was the originator of the link itself and tirelessly tried to pin any old shit that could be probable as rhetorical fact, whilst continually opening a barrage of consiparcy theories over many months and so the tirade continues to our childish bitching witnessed yesterday.
For those who had to bear witness to my backlash, I sincerely apologise.
I am many things, but a liar I am not!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.