110K views 463 replies 413 participants last post by  mitkobombata 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kingdom Centre
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

HEIGHT: 302m/991 feet
FLOORS: 30 floors
COMPLETION: 2002
ARCHITECT: Ellerbe Becket, Omrania and Associates

The Kingdom Centre will have a great impact on the social and commercial environment of Riyadh. It is envisioned as the New International Icon of both Riyadh and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and a towering symbol of its progress to the new millennium. The tower will dominate the skyline above Riyadh's premier commercial district and its architectural beauty will remain in the memory of the visitors who once visit the Kingdom Center. It is believed that the shopping complex will provide a whole new lifestyle for the capital residents. The Kingdom Centre will also inspire the other renowned groups of companies in the Kingdom to construct prestigious projects contributing to development and international recognition of the city and the country. This project is also adding to the knowledge of the local consultants and contractors in the construction of high-rise buildings that will pave the way in execution of such projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

See less See more
#77 ·
the huge opening's attractive, but it takes up too much of the builing. i mean, it's 300m tall, but only 30 stories! that's crazy. the majority of the buildings half as tall have 30+ stories too.

#83 ·
8/10

Stunning, breathtaking design. Truly a great shape, nice colors, astonishing work, original (no longer unique). The side profile is amazing, and the curvature great, although the length of it is a little too big for my taste and its a little inpractical. Plus, I wouldnt want a skyline with only these guys.

#84 ·
So I know this may be opening a can of worms and folks are very vehement about the whole height thing but here is a question:

What is so different about Kingdom Centre, One Emerites Tower, the Domiko Building (I know I spelled it wrong, but Tokyo's tallest), and other such "buildings" that are just ornamental in half their height...that is, why does a spire not count, but if you enclose the space like Kingdom Centre does, it counts towards the overall height?

I can see the opposing point to this, it is technically still a building, but then the question is -- how is this not "cheating" to attain height, whereas folks just barrage poor Freedom Tower calling it a cheat for having all the lattice work...I hate Freedom Tower's design, so I am not sticking up for it...I do kinda feel badly for the building...it is like a handicapped child born prematurely...it was not the kids fault, it is just how the dice rolls in life ;-)

But anyone care to comment on if they think Kingdom Centre etc are "cheats" as well just as badly as say Freedom Tower and Petronas

;-)

#86 ·
I know, they all do it really, even Taipei101 has the top floors above the occupational space, SWFC has the ornamental top with the hole, why is that not cheating in the true sense that people use cheating when describing Freedom Tower since it is all the same

G
#97 ·
the best office skyscraper in middle East!!!

le doy un 9,5/10.....si hubiera sido tan alto como Taipei 101 o como el Two International centre de Hong Kong....le hubiera dado su 10......

definitivamente el Kingdom Centre es uno de los mas bellos edificios del mundo,se parece mucho a el futuro Shaghai International Finance Centre que aun se construye en Shanghai,pero en definitiva....es el edificio mas espectacular de oficinas.....y la cadena de hoteles Four Seasons no se equivocó a escogerlo para ubicar su hotel en Riyadh.....y este edifico tiene de todo,desde Tiendas,el hotel,oficinas...lo maximo,.,......

ocupa el Puesto 5 como mejor skyscraper of the world.......solo superrados por

1 Petronas Towers
2 Taipei 101
3 shung Hing Square en Shenshen
4 Burj al Arab Hotel en Dubai.....y el 5 puesto para Kingdom centre..jeeee

kombateruso,Caracas,Vzla.