SkyscraperCity Forum banner

KINSHASA | Kinshasa Retail Centre | Proposed

17K views 63 replies 13 participants last post by  Pius 
#1 · (Edited)
Not much Info on the site.

link to architecture firm website: http://www.tpsp.co.za/

All Images are copyright of TPS. P architecs

When people thought 'La cite du Fleuve' was the end, More investors keep coming up with more surprises. Private investment is our path to development.

I am guessing this will be built where ugly 'Port Puluku' is which will make my heart rejoice, seeing the ugly port removed from Kinshasa replaced by exactly what I wished could be there on the waterfront

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I have been envisioning for the last 3 years might finally come true. I can't spend 1 single night without thinking when they will get rid of the Rotten Kinshasa Port, replacing it with exactly that kind of water front development.

This is the exact thing i been thing they should do on that site. Hotels, Condos, a Convention Center and a retail.

#4 ·
I am guessing this will be built where ugly 'Port Puluku' is which will make my heart rejoice, seeing the ugly port removed from Kinshasa replaced by exactly what I wished could be there on the waterfront
You remember what we talked about that Boat dumping of Kinshasa Port being replaced with a first class water front. Someone was already thing about :lol:

#5 ·
Is it just me or can we say that yes... our government
is going to be forced to be responsible
through investment like these...?

Butembo

Yes it seems that our country know has investors interested and I do remember someone mentioning that they should build something like this.

#6 ·
Is it just me or can we say that yes... our government
is going to be forced to be responsible
through investment like these...?
They will never be responsible. unless they all die the same day . Then have fresh patriotic leaders.

Butembo

Yes it seems that our country know has investors interested and I do remember someone mentioning that they should build something like this.
Look at the hell port.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1144671

#12 ·
Anyone that I may offend am sorry. But I have to say we can be the greatest country in Africa in all aspect.
:hahaha:

You make me laugh :hahaha: In Africa

Congo can be the richest in the world and It is the richest in world theoretically speaking in terms of minerals abundance and potentiality.

Only thing missing is the Brain and true patriotism :bash:

No Congolese loves Congo

#15 ·
It is the Brain they lack.

What you suggested is done everywhere.

Here people with minor offences or really short sentences can be be sentenced to Community service. If this was introduced you could have all the shegues picking up rubbish and cleaning up the place rather than wasting government money for nothing in jail.

#39 ·
This is africa mate. Especially Congo. do you know how many projects that have never seen the sun?

I wouldn't be skeptic if i was the one doing the project. anyone else. I will be.

Remember one thing. Most Congolese are "Thomas", seeing is believing. That didn't come from out of thin air.

Do you something called "Operation Kimona Misu" , "Operation Santo Thoma"?

#46 ·
You know I dont mind them at all.
they look like they can be built quickly .
You don't need super materials to have a stunningly eye candy Architecture . Its just Concrete , Glass and Steel. thats all.
The same as these box structures. all i'm saying their Architecture is so ungly.

The Car BODY for A VW , a Ford , a Honda and a Ferrari or Bentley are all cars built with same Materials . Just different shapes.

But with them looking like deck levels I wonder if they are going to be open spaces????
It depends on what's the need for the space. Indoor shopping need indoor space and a small water or small park space on the outside. They have parks behind them and the River. thats all the space needed.

#52 ·
Lets see how this project goes..
When it comes to retail and entertaiment
Congo has a lot to offer. We all know how much Congolese love to dress and the fab life.
Exactly on point. Clothing in Goma is big business. For this reason. One of plans is to to Cotton Agriculture , find investors to build me textile factories to transform Cotton into cotton fabrics , then hire Best of Congolese Couturiers to creat my own Clothing empire.:) God never forget his kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.