SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Chennai | Technology-R&D | E-Commerce | Startup updates

2M views 6K replies 369 participants last post by  thillai_selvan 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the CHENNAITHREAD

I started this thread on IT projects for Chennai with that imaginative heading, as I thought it was huge and deserved a thread on its own. Thanks to Shankar for original idea though. Lets try keep it all here ? If its a failure I will beg and crawl and ask Suncity to link it with the main Chennai projects thread :D

#4 ·
Arun@Edinburgh said:
i already have started a thread "chennai(madras)-past,present,future " few weeks ago

and i have posted many images,and hope it is running successfully, the whats the need for a new one that too in the same topic name..
..because this thread is for IT related info ONLY, ( existing projects and future plans) while yours is about the city itself ? I beleive it is the past present and future bit that causes the confusion

#5 · (Edited)
yes the problem is with "past,present,future",many may get confused. if possible please can you ask the moderator to edit ur title, so that you can help no one get confused , my wish is all the threads realated to chennai be active..many more participants should involve...all those who have affection and care for their city should participate...

i have asked few of my friends also to join this message board..

any way im happy to post message here, i will come up with more info reg IT complexes

#7 ·
Arun@Edinburgh said:
yes the problem is with "past,present,future",many may get confused. if possible please can you ask the moderator to edit ur title, so that you can help no one get confused , my wish is to all the threads realated to chennai be active..many more participants should involve...

i have asked few of my friends also..

any way im happy to post message here, i will come up with more info reg IT complexes
great one Arun ! More the merrier.. Chennai certainly needs to be put on the international map ! :)

btw FAO everyone the title of the thread is :

CHENNAITHREAD :D if you didnt get it the first time

and Suncity is it possible to edit the title of the thread please ? Looks like ChennaIThread will do without the past present future bit

#8 ·
Anyone has any decent pics or recent info on the Mahindra city.. the first ever planned city including a massive IT Park ?

Here are some pics and info from www.mahindracity.com

Mahindra City - India's best integrated Business park for IT, BPO investments and Housing

Just 30 minutes from Chennai Airport in a scenic spot surrounded with hills, lakes and a reserve forest, is the foundation for a new dream city. This is the first-of-its-kind venture encompassing Business, Housing, Leisure and Retail Zones.

Our Business City has been created to support the following industries
IT
Fashion
Auto
Export oriented industries
Bio Technology

Infosys Technologies is setting up India's largest software development centre to house 25,000 software professionals at an estimated investment of Rs 1,250 crore (Rs 12.50 billion) in Chennai.

But whats come of late of this project ? I dont know much

#12 ·
architect:deepak mehta has designed all the following parks...

i could able to get only renderings...

Ramaniyam IT Park -proposed

Dowlath tower-completed

GREEN, IT Park sipcot

The Oval-completed

The Lords-under construction

hi guys ..those are living in chennai..please can you post the original photos of the completed buildings..

#14 ·
Great collection of pics there Arun

I like the Ramaniyam Tower design. Somehow I am no great fan of all those 'crisscrosses' you find in most of the modern Indian buildings... I see it in Tidel Park, in Dowlath Tower, Time Sq etc. Anyway any new building will do for Chennai :D

Yes I too wish for a real tall tower in Chennai. Why not go for any office towers in Central Chennai. The problem is even with all those building Chennai is a bit too spread off so that it doesnt make much of a midrise dense area anywhere even along the IT Corridor. I wish some place like Parrys corner or Fort should be turned into a dense skyscraper zone

#15 ·
more info on ITPC ( pic in above post )...

International Tech Park Chennai ( ITPC )

-------------------------------------------------

Masterplan

more from the itpchennai site

Developing in phases, the 1.5 million sq ft park offers companies in IT, ITES, BPOs and call centres excellent potential and space to maximize their operations. The first phase comprises an 11-storey Grade-A building offering some 520,000 sq ft of quality office space customisable to your requirements. Construction of the first phase will be completed by mid-2005.
Large & Efficient Floor Space

Large Floor Plate of 65,000 sq ft

Efficient layout maximising productive usage

Enables flexible design of space

Future Expandability

Totals 1.5 million sq ft when fully developed
Phase I: 525,000 sq ft of space, to be completed in mid 2005
Phase I expected to house over 6,000 highly-skilled workforce
Excellent space potential catering tenants' future expansion needs

source : www.itpchennai.com

-----------------------------

Ascendas` tech park by May 2005
Source: Business Standard. Image Source: AFP

Chennai, Jan 25: Ascendas' first international tech park in Chennai is expected to be ready by May 2005 and is currently open for booking space.

An Ascendas press release said that the International Tech Park Chennai (ITPC) will create a total of about 1.5 million square feet of space under three phases of development.

ITPC will offer fully-infrastructured business space integrated with value-added amenities such as cafes, retail mall, a food court, health club, medical clinic and autobanking. ITPC is a joint venture project between Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO) and Ascendas.

Ascendas, one of Asia's leading business space solutions provider, has its presence in Bangalore and Hyderabad as International Tech Park and Cyber Pearl.

#16 ·
Intelpark, IT Highway

This is a Grade A++, Ground Plus four storey building,located on the IT highway-just a short drive from Tidel Park in Chennai

To suit the IT industry, Intelpark will have expansive floor plates of 50,000+ sq.ft. In fact , Intelpark is the only other building besides Tidel Park , to offer such large floor plates.

Also, Intelpark will be one of the those rare buildings surrounded by open space and extensive landscaping. Out of a permissible built up space of 4,00,000 sq.ft only 2,52,000 sq.ft will be built up.

The most luxurious thing about Intelpark however , will be the unprecedented amount of parking it provides for both cars and two wheelers

Take an easy drive on the new 6-lane IT highway out of Chennai and you will find yourself in the pleasant environs of Sholinganallur. Intelpark's location is conveniently accessible to the large software community residing nearby. Intelpark will be in the elite neighbourhood of Wipro Ltd , Satyam Computers Ltd , Infosys Ltd , Cognizant Technologies and TCS Ltd , all of which are whithin a kilometre of the building.

source : www.flatsindia.com/ cur_proj.htm

#20 ·
Exceed International, a Chicago-based global design and construction company, made headway in India as it kicked off its operations in Chennai yesterday.

The company has been awarded its first contract for the construction of a high-rise IT park in the commercial hub (Venkatnarayana Road, T Nagar) for a consideration of $one million dollars (Rs five crore).

Exceed International vice-president, William Martys at the media launch of the company in Chennai yesterday. Also seen are Larry Farrenkopf, its head architect, and David Easow, director.

Briefing mediamen yesterday, Charlie Miles, chief executive officer and director, Exceed International, said there are plans to invest $10 million

(Rs 50 crore) to expand operations in technology, establish a plant, acquire machinery and explore other potential facilities.

Dwelling further, Miles said the Exceed family is committed to deliver quality products and services in complementary industries. 'This integration coupled with technology utilisation yields solutions that ignore traditional industry benchmarks and establish new and unique expectations,' he said.

The boom in commercial activity is being driven by IT and IT-enabled services, said William Martys, vice-president of the company. 'Commercial and residential demand generated from these technology services will continue to grow i n India. We foresee substantial growth opportunities with our unique customer friendly business model and cutting edge technology solutions'.

On the possible expansion of operations in India, Martys said the idea is to make a solid foundation. 'Having made a start in Chennai, the company will explore all possible avenues to consolidate. Will be happy to cater to the needs of a wide range of clientele'.

Exceed's development, design and build services will target the Indian owners' aspirations of developing property better, faster and cheaper, said David Easow, director of the company, and found them as a positive factor for the company's growth in the country.

#21 ·
Exceed International, a Chicago-based global design and construction company, made headway in India as it kicked off its operations in Chennai on nov 2004

The company has been awarded its first contract for the construction of a 14 floors high-rise IT park in the commercial hub (Venkatnarayana Road, T Nagar) for a consideration of $one million dollars (Rs five crore).

Briefing mediamen , Charlie Miles, chief executive officer and director, Exceed International, said there are plans to invest $10 million

(Rs 50 crore) to expand operations in technology, establish a plant, acquire machinery and explore other potential facilities.

Dwelling further, Miles said the Exceed family is committed to deliver quality products and services in complementary industries. 'This integration coupled with technology utilisation yields solutions that ignore traditional industry benchmarks and establish new and unique expectations,' he said.

The boom in commercial activity is being driven by IT and IT-enabled services, said William Martys, vice-president of the company. 'Commercial and residential demand generated from these technology services will continue to grow i n India. We foresee substantial growth opportunities with our unique customer friendly business model and cutting edge technology solutions'.

On the possible expansion of operations in India, Martys said the idea is to make a solid foundation. 'Having made a start in Chennai, the company will explore all possible avenues to consolidate. Will be happy to cater to the needs of a wide range of clientele'.

Exceed's development, design and build services will target the Indian owners' aspirations of developing property better, faster and cheaper, said David Easow, director of the company, and found them as a positive factor for the company's growth in the country.

#25 · (Edited)
True Value Homes launches "Cyber Valley" in Chennai

Chennai Jan 6 (UNI) True Value Homes(India) today announced the launch of a massive project to construct a futuristic Rs 200 crore IT Park ''TVH Cyber Valley'' near Mahabalipuram beach, on the outskirts of Chennai.

TVH Cyber Valley would be located right on the IT corridor housing some of the giants in the software industry, such as Wipro and Cognizant Technology Solutions, its Chairman N.Ravishankar told newsmen here.

It would be a single hi-tech structure admeasuring six lakh square feet and was designed by the world-renowned architect 'Architects 61, Singapore' to make sure that the work space would in truth live up to being called 'Work Space', he said .

''As Chennai is already acknowledged as an exciting destination for MNCs setting up businesses in India, the company thought it necessary to set up an exclusive unit to take up the challenge of meeting the burgeoning space requirements of the IT/BPO industry,'' Mr Ravishankar said.

Incidentally, the latest Gartner report had also suggested that Chennai and Hyderabad would outdo Mumbai and Bangalore to be the most favourable IT outsourcing destinations by 2010. Citing the Gartner report, Mr Ravishankar said that he did not foresee any occupancy problem for his IT city project.

His confidence was supported by the fact that TVH Property Developments, another group company, has already successfully launched a massive project to construct 3.25 lakh sq.ft for housing IT Park right in the centre of Chennai.

Next project in the pipeline is Rs 50 crore TVH Viruksha, a modern tower of 40,000 sq.ft planned at T.Nagar, Chennai's hottest business hub, according to him.

That apart, the company's ongoing project is Rs 120 crore TVH Belicaa Towers coming up at MRC Nagar also in Chennai and this consists of two amalgamated towers built on a sprawling three-acre plot, which will provide custom-designed suites for technology-driven companies.
--------------------------------------------

TVH BELICA TOWERS

Two identical 10 Floor Towers of 15000 sq.ft of floor plate
The perfect setting for the cyber wave.
Think of it as a beach house and a place to work!
Mondays will never be the same again….
Serenity for the IT savvy Chennaite…
Corporate serenity for 'city-stressed' professionals
Creating waves in Corporate Chennai
It gives "an office with a view" a whole new meaning

What would you call an office with a window view of the horizon… try TVH Belicia Towers! Surrounded by serenity, it's the perfect place for inspired progress. Now, when you want to get away from it all, simply look outside your window.

Built along the coastline of the white waters of the Bay of Bengal, TVH Belicia Towers comprises a sprawling area of 3,25,000 sqft in MRC Nagar, the commercial Hub of Chennai. Innovatively designed to suit corporate protocol this picturesque property is a minute away from the seashore. This seaside island of corporate tranquility is well connected to all central parts of the city and will be a pleasurable addition to the Chennai skyline. And that's not all, set in the lush greenery is a Health Club, landscaped roof garden with a dining area, an automatic state-of-the-art car wash and an ATM.

#26 ·
TVH CYBER VALLEY
Eight floors of 4 mtrs height with Floor plate size of 40,000 Sq.ft or 80,000 sq ft

It's luxurious, sophisticated, contemporary….
… and incidentally, where you work.

Welcome to Cybervalley, a masterpiece of cutting-edge engineering and constructive artistry. It's a place that combines innovation and aesthetics with technology and contemporary taste to create corporate workspace you wouldn't want to call 'work'.

Cybervalley, the latest construction, is an engineering marvel, away from the busy, eclectic city, set in the rapidly developing IT corridor of Tamil Nadu alongside other globally acclaimed giants in the industry such as Wipro and Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Comprising 600000 sqft of customizable working space, combined with state-of-the-art technology and global-standard amenities, Cybervalley is the perfect place for a hi-tech organization. Just outside the bustling city, this software technology park is complimented by its sylvan surroundings and the well organized, metropolitan infrastructure. Linked by a six lane highway and the Mass Rapid Transport System connecting to central parts of the city, it could very well be the next "silicon valley' of the subcontinent.

#27 ·
TVH Virukshaa

Four floors of 4 mtrs height with floor plate size of 10,000 sq.ft

The eclectic city now has an energizing hub….
A paradigm of perfection in the urban jungle
The apex of enterprise, now in the heart of the city….
It's hi-tech and urban, and that's just the exterior….

Some offices are designed for productivity and some are designed to please. Consider this the combination of productivity and pleasure. Smack in the center of the pulsating urban jungle, TVH Virukshaa is a vibrant alternative for an energizing enterprise.

Constructed in T.Nagar, the heart of the throbbing city of Chennai, TVH Virukshaa is a commercial complex consisting of 40,000 sqft of ultra-modern workspace. It is a fusion of aesthetic architecture with functional design, creating an office that will reflect the contemporary lifestyle of career-focused professionals.