1990, 1998, 1999, 2005, 2011,
2015, 2017

3x Cup:
1995, 2002, 2009

1x Copa Libertadores:

2x FIFA Club World Cup:
2000, 2012

https://twitter.com/mabragatchelo

It´s official, now Sao Paulo has a stadium for the 2014 WC!!

Press release on Sao Paulo stadiums(FIFA.com)
Saturday 28 August 2010
Press release from the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ Local Organising Committee:

"On Friday, the Brazilian Football Federation (CBF) President, Ricardo Teixeira, met with the Governor of the state of Sao Paulo, Alberto Goldman; the Mayor of Sao Paulo, Gilberto Kassab; and the Coordinator of the Sao Paulo Organising Committee for Brazil 2014, Francisco Vidal Luna, who also serves as Secretary of State for the Economy and Planning.

During the meeting, the CBF President was asked about the possibility of holding the Opening Match of Brazil 2014 at the Morumbi Stadium, but he indicated that that possibility had been ruled out by FIFA and the Local Organising Committee.

Mr Teixeira was then informed that, despite all the efforts undertaken, it has not been possible to begin construction work on a stadium for the 2014 FIFA World Cup within the grounds of the exhibition centre due to be built in Pirituba.

The CBF President asked the Governor and Mayor if it would be possible to hold the Opening Match in the stadium soon to be built by Corinthians in Itaquera. Messrs Goldman and Kassab explained that they are ready to do whatever it takes for Sao Paulo to host the Opening Match of Brazil 2014.

The Sao Paulo state government and the city’s mayor’s office reaffirmed their decision not to use public funds in the building of venues."

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/brazil2014/news/newsid=1291348.html#press+release+sao+paulo+stadiums

24/7 live images from the stadium construction: http://www.itaqueraoaovivo.blogspot.com/

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2,774 ·
a brazilian guy (a worker ) said "this stadium is a shame as i am brazilan to not be finished.It's a shame in the eyes of world"

i undesrtand him because it's a joke to present something like this at the edge of opening match.

i don't want to be critic about wonderful brazil country but the organisation is chaotic and a shame.

i remind to everybody what we should had have:

#4 ·
SERÁ QUE O LULA(QUE É CORINTIANO) TEM ALGUM DEDO NESSA HISTÓRIA?....ESTRANHO NÉ PQ O SÃO PAULO É BEM MAIS RICO QUE O CORINTHIANS E NOSSA NUM É QUE FOI O DO CORINTHIANS O ESCOLHIDO...HAHAHAHHAHA eu não sou são paulino mas eu acho que no morumbi o acesso ao estádio e a localização seria muito melhor...mesmo a área sendo meio saturada

#14 · (Edited)
You've been brigged once, fancy it again?

As for the stadium, I think it's a clean and good looking design with stands close to the pitch. But would there be any plans to enclose it after the temporary stands have come down? You're going to lose a lot of noise through those huge open ends.

#7 ·
May lula supports corinthians YEAH HE DOES.....Morumbi stadium is nearer the downtown and the touristic points of São Paulo....anyway what i mean is Morumbi stadium would be a better choice and c'mmon São Paulo team has more money than Corinthians team.....so what I'd like to say it would be better in Morumbi staidum and it was a lula idea for his team stidum has the cup oppening in it.....now the team of corinthians is doing a stupid stuff of republic of corinthians where you can buy passport and born document(i don't know how to say that in english),of course it is to earn money for the staidum cuz they don't have and my mind is if são paulo team didn't too it could do the same thing and build the cup stadium in the city South zone where are the best hotels,malls,touristic sites and services.....

#11 · (Edited)
Pics shows the 48k version.
For the WC cap will be 70k but after WC 48k?

#18 ·

This is the official video of the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Opening Stadium, this is the 48.000 seats version but it will be remodelled for 70.000 seats, these open spaces will be gone in the new project that will come out in 1st september when Corinthians makes its 100th anniversary.

E para os bambis de plantão, chupa.

#19 ·
Guy sorry my comment about corinthians at the first post was just an advice that morumbi or pacaembu are better located so if you are a little child you can keep talking bad for us......^^ SO SANTISTA NÃO SÃO PAULINO EU NÃO GOSTO É DO LULA(CORINTIANO)

#23 ·
Let's not forget the purpose of this thread, showing the WORLD the new stadium for the opening of the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 which will be Corinthians'. The same club you all MOCKED for not having a stadium and not having a training ground will now have the greatest training/phisio center in the country, the best stadium and as always, THE BEST FANS!

VAI CORINTHIANS!

#24 ·
HAHAHAHAHHA you didn't speak english when you awere 12 years old and changed the topic good idea!.......anyway the project is nice I'm not sad about it be corinthinas staiidum(even i thinking all of you will break everything just after the cup) but Im sad because it is far away of city downtown and will be more difficult to people who are in hotel in Downtown or Pinheiros,morumbi,itaim region go to Itaquera where is 44 minutes from the downtown(without count São Paulo Traffic).......

#25 · (Edited)
Well, I can see you obviously don't live in São Paulo as I do, because there's no place more far away from downtown (believe me, I LIVE DOWNTOWN) than MORUMBI (there's no subway there as in Itaquera where there's a station right in front of the terrain, called Corinthians-Itaquera), thanks god I don't cheer to that awful team so I don't need to go there to watch their games, but that's ok cause they don't go watch their games either.

#30 ·
I hope the design of the stadium gets finalised soon, or that we get a new, better design. Nobody wants a 48,000-capacity stadium to host a World Cup semifinal. And now this stadium will have temporary stands to expand the capacity to 70,000.