SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
The country’s woes have nothing to do with its size or complexity, whatever the latter may mean. Neither the centralization and nor the devolution of power to regional entities have yielded positive results. However, it is true that the mediocrity of the establishment (political, economic and cultural) is an unbearable burden that is dragging the country down. Unfortunately, there is no panacea to this problem. The failed leaders are not Martians; they are part and parcel of the Congolese society. It is up to the selfsame Congolese to save the country by sanctioning those among them who fail to lead. The upcoming elections offer a golden opportunity to do so. It is inconceivable that the PPRD and the MLC be re-elected to office or parliament in Kinshasa; they have failed beyond redemption. However, I would not bet a penny in the so-called opposition’s capacity to transform the capital city and beyond. The road to development is long and arduous, but inspite of all this, the potential to succeed is there.
:applause: :applause:

Is all i can say. Everything you say is on point.

I think lack of maintenance culture by our government is well known by all Congolese.:laugh:

+1.

Tracks and station must be built. Stations aren't even expensive or hard to built. Tracks just needs to be replaced with the standard version. something that can be done faster.

If the Tramway is materialized, that will be a good achievement. a city of 10 million people and the fastest growing city in Africa. Indeed, needs an absolute Public transportation.

Whats left is now to start investing in satelite cities. N'Sele, Muluku, West of Ngaliema and Mont-Ngafula to decongest the city.

The government can start by putting necessary infrastructures in place (Roads, water and power) , well planned and just needs to sell the land cheaper to attract buyers. (Just my thoughts).

Great news that Kinshasa is planning a light rail tramway!

One of the best models of light rail in the US is San Diego.

Your there Butte, aren't you?

San Diego started in the mid-70s with a single line & gradually expanded as funds became availiable.

Eventually they added that subway tunnel under SD State.

Great news that Kinshasa is planning a light rail tramway!

One of the best models of light rail in the US is San Diego.

Your there Butte, aren't you?

San Diego started in the mid-70s with a single line & gradually expanded as funds became availiable.

Eventually they added that subway tunnel under SD State.
Yes, its good that Kinshasa is getting it Urban rail back.

San Diego is America's finest city ( Not because i'm SD patriot, but its a fact ).

SD reail runs from Santee (Far East of SD ) through SDS University (underground ) to Mission and Fashion Vallies [ SD's shopping district and Qualcom Stadium) to Old CBD to near Airport and Port into CBD. From CBD to Mexican border (a heavily populated , Industrial areas ). And From East to South.

Only North (the rich and upper class areas has the 4 Freeways. (Which i is also Industrial area).

I love that rail system. very efficient .

Discussion starter · #45 ·
^^^^

The guy brings up a very important issue on the Rail Ligne Gombe - Kitambo..

He calls for a real investment into real Urbain rail investment.

Adding additional lines is very critical with complet modernization of existing lines.

I would say. Kitambo-UNIKIN, UNIKIN-N'Djili Airport would do well.

Thank you very much for these Exclussive news to keep us updated with. You and Pius are tres Makasi.
The immediacy of restruturing Congo's railway is too obvious to escape anyone's attention. Its rational is overwhelming. The common sense would like that such a project have priority over things pertaining to entertainment. But, the world isn't ruled by comon sens; if it were we wouldn't be living in a messy world and Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, Polpot, Mobutu, Bokasa, Idi Amin Dada...wouldn't have had a job!

The immediacy of restruturing Congo's railway is too obvious to escape anyone's attention. Its rational is overwhelming. The common sense would like that such a project have priority over things pertaining to entertainment. But, the world isn't ruled by comon sens; if it were we wouldn't be living in a messy world and Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, Polpot, Mobutu, Bokasa, Idi Amin Dada...wouldn't have had a job!

La province du Katanga est la seule en République Démocratique du Congo à connaître le boom minier et cela se justifie par le fait que celle-ci est très sollicitée par différents investisseurs venus de plusieurs horizons, intéressés pour la plupart au secteur minier et à la découverture des concessions minières.
Les activités d’exploitations des minerais, tel que le soulignent les techniciens en la matière, exigent le recours à l’utilisation des gros engins, soit pour creuser la terre lors de la découverture, afin de permettre le repérage des minerais enfouis et en même temps prévenir les risques, soit encore pour transporter ces produits miniers d’un site à un autre à l’état brut ou fini.
Jadis à l’époque coloniale le réseau routier au Katanga était préservé pour les véhicules des passagers et autres transporteurs des petits poids supportables par les routes. Les produits miniers et autres concentrés étaient, par contre, orientés par l’homme blanc vers la voie ferrée conçu pour cette fin. La Générale des carrières et des mines en abrégé GECAMINES, l’unique entreprise qui exploitait, ne se confiait qu’à la Société nationale de chemin des fers du Congo “SNCC”, pour éviter, tout d’ abord, des cas d’accidents, ensuite le contact de la population avec les ions contenus dans les produits miniers , qui gênent par moment la respiration lorsqu’ils sont transportés à l’air libre, passant par les longues artères de la ville avec comme conséquences les maladies telles que les cataractes, les malformations des enfants et généralement la destruction des routes. Or la GECAMINES se souciait de la protection de ses travailleurs et même des populations environnantes de peur d’être auteur de beaucoup des maux dont souffriront plus tard les habitants de la contrée.
Actuellement, il n’est un secret pour personne. Les chauffeurs des camions de grand tonnage traversent différentes villes et cités minières du Katanga, ainsi des quartiers résidentiels sans être inquiétés ou même interpellés. De Kolwezi via Likasi, Lubumbashi pour atteindre la cité frontalière de Kasumbalesa. L’inadéquation entre le poids des camions fréquentant les routes et le tonnage que celles-ci sont appelées à les supporter entraîne la dégradation anticipée de ces voies de communication. C’est le cas de la route Likasi-Lubumbashi ou Likasi-Kolwezi, de l’avenue Kilela-balanda, la route Lubumbashi-Kasumbalesa, et de celle qui mène de la capitale du Katanga à la cité minière de Kipushi, pour ne citer que celles-ci. La première citée, qui avait bénéficié du Financement de la Banque mondiale, a été construite par l’entreprise Malta Forrest.
A Lubumbashi par exemple, les camions de grand tonnage remplis des produits concentrés traversent le centre-ville en gênant parfois la circulation toute la journée. C’est à ce niveau que l’idée de feu Laurent-Désiré Kabila, selon laquelle «créer une ligne de transport appropriée aux gros engins en dehors de centres commerciaux et quartiers résidentiels pour les camions fortement surchargés, le transport des produits nocifs avec une finalité d’éviter le blocage ou embouteillage dans le transport en commun, afin de donner une longue vie au réseau routier» vaut tout son pesant d’or.
Les pays de l’Afrique australe comme la Zambie, l’Afrique du Sud ; bien que n’étant modèles, ont, néanmoins, réussi à maîtriser la politique et une bonne organisation de leur réseau routier où il existe des lignes réservées uniquement au transport des minerais et de grand tonnage, loin des villes et mêmes des quartiers d’habitations. Ces routes appelées également routes périphériques désengorgent les villes et mettent la population à l’écart de tous les dangers liés au transport des produits miniers concentrés. Ce qui n’est pas le cas en République Démocratique du Congo où quelques miniers se prévalent de leurs relations avec certains hauts dignitaires du pays pour mettre à coté le Code minier. Alors la population attend impatiemment de voir cette perle rare qui pourra donner le ton pour concrétiser la fameuse idée de Laurent-Désiré Kabila de créer des routes périphériques au Congo en général et dans la province du Katanga en particulier. Les physiciens n’ont-ils pas dit qu’à chaque action correspond une réaction égale et opposée. Ce principe est soutenu dans ce sens que plus un camion est fortement chargé plus il exerce une force de frottement sur le support (routes) et endommage de la plupart de nos routes.
Source: Le Cimat tempéré

The braindead wont know the cheapest way to modernize the tracks. they will again ask for expensive laons from China or the poison house IMF to get it modernized (if they do modernize it).
You know I think that all of this help is gonna make us lazy. We need to work our minds and get things done by Congolese people.

I don't know why but j'ai tjrs l'impression que l'etat fait son travaille le jour le jour et ne regrade pas l'avenir. IDk why but it always comes to my mind.

How can they built all this if you keep selling cements factories shares, and you could not make steel factory in Maluku works.
Do this people; really know how to build something. You need to have cements and steel.

This people are there just to destroy everything.
This guy is not connected to the government, as far as I know so this is merely a proposal. A very good proposal.

With the correct people in government, the structures will be in place to enable steel factories, cement factories, etc.

The challenges involved in infrastructure development are huge and to tell you the truth and its only my humble opinion, a lot of time and external help will be required in the rebuilding process.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
This guy is not connected to the government, as far as I know so this is merely a proposal. A very good proposal.

With the correct people in government, the structures will be in place to enable steel factories, cement factories, etc.

The challenges involved in infrastructure development are huge and to tell you the truth and its only my humble opinion, a lot of time and external help will be required in the rebuilding process.
I think we're all aware of that. But one of the reasons why Maluku Steel Mill , Cement factories are out of business to this day after 10 years in power, is because we have braindead people in power.
Other countries are working to become some of the continent's largest producers of Cement (when they don't have resources near ours).

External help will be required indeed. But things are done in unstainable way(As usual).

I think we're all aware of that. But one of the reasons why Maluku Steel Mill , Cement factories are out of business to this day after 10 years in power, is because we have braindead people in power.
Other countries are working to become some of the continent's largest producers of Cement (when they don't have resources near ours).

External help will be required indeed. But things are done in unstainable way(As usual).
When we get rid of Kanambe, I still don't expect much for the next 5 years but the restoration of state authority over a 5 year period will be a job well done by President E.T.

The next 5 years - 1) Restoring state authority and 2) tackling the food crisis. We are now bottom of the world hunger index, we literally cannot get any lower.

I guess my main point is, as far as cement and steel, we will be a net importer for the next decade regardless of who will be running the country.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
When we get rid of Kanambe, I still don't expect much for the next 5 years but the restoration of state authority over a 5 year period will be a job well done by President E.T.
Agreed.
The next 5 years - 1) Restoring state authority and 2) tackling the food crisis. We are now bottom of the world hunger index, we literally cannot get any lower.
Kabila supporters will say troumendous job has been done. :laugh:
I guess my main point is, as far as cement and steel, we will be a net importer for the next decade regardless of who will be running the country.
That i [sadly] agree.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
How can they built all this if you keep selling cements factories shares, and you could not make steel factory in Maluku works.
Do this people; really know how to build something. You need to have cements and steel.

This people are there just to destroy everything.[/QUOTE]

Preme already answered the question.

Anyways: Its actually easy to do it. If the IN government cannot do it. You can imagine how dead their brain is.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.