SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PARIS | Tour Carpe Diem | 162m | 38 fl | Com

163K views 459 replies 116 participants last post by  vincent1746 
#1 · (Edited)

Paris la Defense
Construction should start in 2009
Delivery date : 2011
Robert A.M. Stern Architects (won over Foster)

45 000m²

Official link

Number 4 on the projects map

See less See more
#109 ·
4th November
By morgandoug at 2011-11-05[/IMG]

#114 ·
#115 · (Edited)
The insanity schedule DVD is difficult but does allow the body to recover, a number of short breaks being included throughout the program. It was one of the greatest victories in presidential history.
Sometimes it can be a little stressful to dish out the money for a baby shower while still maintaining a focus on the baby items and needs.
During my first bar method class

#117 ·
The Tour Carpe Diem is a 545-foot (166 m) tall skyscraper proposed for the La Défense district of France. If constructed, it will be in the municipality of Courbevoie and will be used for office purposes.
:weirdo: :weird::booze:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Cloud, I agree but let's wait for the cladding to be fully installed...

#121 ·
I was confirmed yesterday that the ugly light blue panels were well & truly covered in plastic films. The EPADESA principal private secretary & communications director Dominique Boré
, said to me that the final color will actually be 'Bleu Outremer', which corresponds to this:

'Bleu outremer'​

Therefore, the final color will be that visible in the darker panel below:

That's good news then :).

#118 ·
#122 ·
WOW. just found about this one in La Defence ... it looks very edgy/flashy and sure beautiful. Lovely addition to the already fun La Defence's skyline.

#124 ·
Merci Jex ... I posted it onto my Facebook wall, a phone album specially created for such and for all my friends to see.

I love that tall building next to it a lot too. The density of La Defence is getting intens once this one and the other towers are completed turning the area into (if not already) a more fun place to be/go/be across Paris. I tend to stay in hotels close to La Defence myself each time I visit Paris in order to enjoy the skyline, the only one of North American flaire and density and can't wait for the days that at least one or two 60+ something is constructed there either.

A city shouldn't necessarily build Supertalls in order to be eye catching or become glamorous. In most North American (USA and Canada also Japan's Tokyo or Australian cities), the way these towers are located close or with each other, creating sections or cross points where one can stand and look up or look at from afar does distinguish the characteristics of these cities adding to the glamour of visiting them.

Although I like many of the new supertalls or skyscrapers being built or already there across China or UAE as to give a few examples, yet the way the city's and these financial districts are designed or the locations of each tower on the spot and map, is something I hate to look at and eyes "messy" or like I call it so "mish mashy" :)

I love the Shard project in London, but the way London's City is now redesigning itself is not really making it look that fun to me and had the feeling as if sooner or later we may look at something so "Dubai-ish or Shanghai-like" in London, UK.

This is why I am so glad to see that La Defence is doing exactly the right thing. Only adding these beautiful towers, that perhaps are not that tall, to a place at junctions and around a square like grand plaza to give it that North American feel and vibe an area as such requires to possess and to impress.

All I wish to see, hopefully someday, is a 65+ tower and one or two more towers of around 75 as to make the picture complete. Eiffel Tower is far away anyway and Paris's LD can easily have such impressive skyline.

#125 ·
You're welcome CharlotteJ ;).

Many thanks for your initiative on facebook!

La Defense could be a lot more impressive indeed, especially with the addition of taller buildings, I do agree with you. Hopefully, it will be the case if PHARE tower, Hermitage Plaza & GENERALI are built.

Building very tall towers in France is very difficult, even in La Défense...the nimbies, associations & some political parties currently try their best to make them fail via heaps of appeals made possible owing to stupid regulations that enable those people to delay the projects for months/years.

That's what's happening with HERMITAGE PLAZA whose works should have started last summer, but the remaining people living in LES DAMIERS (residences to be destoyed to make room for HP) appealed because they refuse to go despite numerous relocation proposals...Iskenderov (russian promoter is boiling...) Not sure that HP will come true given the economic downturn+ change of President (if Sarkozy isn't reelected next May).

For PHARE, same...several appeals and a judiciary procedure which, if it was to go all the way, could delay the project up to 4 or 5 years...it's very frustrating as it happens all the time with those damned nimbies...they have way to much power thanks to the french laws...

Having said that, PHARE's preliminary works should have started late 2011 but now, the mayor of Courbevoie (who had always backed the project so far), has changed his mind a bit (political manoeuvre as he wants his inhabitants to reelect him). Unibail has submitted 3 proposals regarding a passerelle (cf PHARE thread for full story), but that Mayor (Jacques Kossowski) is still not satisfied, so, time wastage goes on...

GENERALI has been abandoned last year by the italian company, but they're trying to sell the project to another investor. To date, there's no 'touch' but negociations continue with around 20 investors. I'm optimistic about this tower because if it's taken over, work will start at once as all appeals had been previously cleared.

A lovely hotel project (HOTEL CITY VIEW), that we all thought was dead, is said to have found a german investor lately, therefore, work could begin early february.

Tour AIR² (next to D2 tower), is to start mid 2012 with the destruction of the current tower 'Aurore'.

I invite you to take a look at the other projects (U/C or to come):

- TOUR D2 HERE

- TOUR MAJUNGA HERE

- TOUR EQHO HERE

- HOTEL CITY VIEW HERE

- Tour AIR² HERE

- TOUR PHARE HERE

- TOUR HERMITAGE PLAZA HERE

- TOUR GENERALI HERE

- TOUR AVA HERE

Many thanks for your interest CharlotteJ...:)

#126 ·
Amazing! Simply Dazzling ... I truly hope and wish that all these new additions will be constructed given with no doubt, it will make Paris's La Defence an example of how a financial/business district of a modern city should look like and be "designed" and be a trendsetter for whoever that aims to a harmonious city in perfect line with both old and new, distancing the "wanna-be" architects and architecture and only embrace the beautiful power of true design with that of multi-functionality that by itself leads to perfection.

And something else I notice and am glad to notice that: unlike many buildings out there that are or will be cladded with boring dull bland tasteless Blue/Green cheap glass, most of these French creations are going to have a character and be covered with materials that will distinguish them from anything else around them and in a way they will be given a unique character. Splendid.

Love it ...

Thank you so much JEX for the summary :) :hug::hug::hug:

#129 ·
:lol: Dude? that is for men

Charlotte is a female name Jexi :)

No worries, I will stick around. I guess I am one of the Verrrryyyy few females here who is so much in love with skyscrapers and buildings. 99% of all people here is a man. :lol:

#130 ·
Sorry about that Charlotte, I thought you were a man from Charlotte is the USA :lol:. Furthermore, there are very few women interested in skyscrapers, most of the forumers being men...but that's cool then, now I'll know ;).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.