SkyscraperCity Forum banner

QLD | Completed | BRISBANE | One One One Eagle Street | 50st/195m | Office

383K views 3K replies 213 participants last post by  OUTOFNOWHERE 
#1 · (Edited)
Another exciting project. This one is entirely office!! Exciting stuff!! (The article had bits about Roma Street Twins so I've cut that out. That's why it doesn't make much sense in parts)

GPT's $800m Brisbane towers plan

Fiona Cameron
November 16, 2006
GPT will lodge a development application within a month for the 50,000sqm Riverside Centre Stage 2, with plans for a 40-storey-plus glass tower designed by architects Cox Rayner.

The head of office property for the GPT Group, Tony Cope, said yesterday both projects would only proceed with about 40 per cent precommitment, but GPT was in advanced negotiations with a number of large tenants.

In Brisbane's "golden triangle", Riverside 2 will become the city's biggest and most prestigious office development of its era.

After a national design competition contested by seven firms, GPT awarded the contract to Cox Rayner.

"Their design is outstanding," Mr Cope said. "Their response to the brief was head-and-shoulders above the others."

GPT had sought designs that were in contrasting style to the adjoining granite Riverside Centre and Riparian Plaza.

"Those are classic Seidler buildings, the most fantastic buildings, but to try to emulate something in between them of the same style would just not work, so it's going to be different," Mr Cope said.

Mr Cope said Riverside 2 would have "very, very high sustainability targets".

The announcement follows the completion last year of Bloomberg's Harry Seidler-designed 50-storey Riparian Plaza next door, but prior to that there had not been a new big office tower in Brisbane's premium precinct for more than a decade.

Prime Brisbane office rents are soon set to top more than $700sqm, after double-digit growth in the past year on the back of a record low vacancy rates.

Riverside 2 will require the demolition of the Indigo building at 77 Eagle Street.

A report from agency Colliers International this month described the Brisbane CBD office leasing market as in "crisis".

Total vacancy in prime buildings is at 1.4 per cent, says Colliers, and in secondary stock 2.8 per cent.

GPT is Australia's third-largest trust, with a market value of $9.8 billion.

Source.

See less See more
#1,566 ·
I was going to politely suggest that a few people were getting a bit too carried away with this building and it wasn't that exceptional and then I saw this shot:

I think the reason so many people "get carried away" with 111 is because it is the only major tower (with the exception of Meriton) to get through the GFC. Vision, Trilogy, Empire, Eagle Street Pier and the rest never saw the light of day

#1,567 ·
^^
Or it's just a fine building.

People has been pretty interested in the building since it appeared above ground, which only grew as the glass was added, moreso than the Meritons which are signficantly taller. This was always a potentially good building, what i think people are excited about is that it's actually turning out great: glass, columns and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.