SkyscraperCity Forum banner

DAVAO | Ayala Malls Abreeza [4F|com]

Tags
davao city
2M views 9K replies 348 participants last post by  ajosh821 
#1 ·
Ayala Land partners with three firms for Davao dev’t
ABS-CBNnews Online

Property giant Ayala Land Inc. has teamed up with three other companies to develop a nine-hectare property in Bajada, Davao City into a mixed-use community, consisting of retail and business process outsourcing (BPO) facilities.

Ayala Land has entered into agreement with Anflo Management & Investment Corp., Pioneer Trading & Supply Co. Inc. and Davao Motor Sales Co. for the project, which was estimated to cost an initial P2.31 billion.

The project would involve a 40,000-square meter retail development and a 20,000-sqm BPO development.

Ayala Land has a 67-percent equity in the project.

#8,463 ·
Yup i agree na dako jud ang Abreeza.

However, disappointed ko sa Robinsons anchor store. Gamay kaayo ang department store. Limited lang ang mga baligya. I hope mag expansion ang department store nila
anchor store mana bai.. dili anchor mall! kabuang.. asa man nimo ipa expand? :lol: maau pag muingon ka na maypag mag tukod silag robinsons place sa panabo or tagum. kana possible pa ug mas maau. ;)

#8,472 ·
:)

The Lagdameos’ Going Nuts over Donuts

Go nuts Donuts Now Open!

Written by: Dakudao, Michael Angelo E.
Tuesday, 28 June 2011

FROM the throng of friends, relations, and members of the Davao media who showed up at the inauguration of Davao’s first ever Go Nuts Donuts store at the Abreeza Mall last June 25, Ambassador Antonio “Tonet” M. Lagdameo and his loving wife, Mrs. Linda Floirendo-Lagdameo, are indeed well-esteemed in this city. The ever supportive parents, Don Antonio and Doña Nenita Floirendo, made their loving presence felt and helped in welcoming the guests along with the good-looking and highly-educated Floirendo-Lagdameo siblings namely Davao del Norte Congressman Antonio Ernesto “Anton” F. Lagdameo, Jr., Jose Manuel “JM” F. Lagdameo, Ricardo Luis “Cary” F. Lagdameo and Caterine Beatriz “Rina” F. Lagdameo who flew in from Manila to grace the affair. The three other Lagdameo daughters who didn’t make it were Ma. Elena Pilar, Ma. Regina Victoria and Ma. Isabel Dominique.

Go Nuts Donuts is, of course, the all Filipino donut brand that revitalized the Philippine donut scene in the country. Go Nuts Donuts has been a resounding success since it first opened for business on December 11, 2003, with its first flagship theatre store located at the Bonifacio Global City in Manila. Despite the dominance of the mass-produced and mass marketed American donuts of Dunkin Donuts and Mr. Donuts in the estimated six billion peso donut industry, I am keeping my fingers crossed that in due time, Filipino consumers’ demand for our very own Go Nuts Donuts will make it the number one choice. There’s Jollibee’s “big success” in the hamburger business for inspiration showcasing the best of Filipino culinary and marketing ingenuity. Indeed, the Filipino can prevail!

It was Cary F. Lagdameo who so kindly enlightened me on the perfect fit of the partnership between the Floirendo-Lagdameo family with that of the Trillana family’s The Doughnut People, Inc., the people behind Go Nuts Donuts. Cary serves as head of Corporate Finance and Investor Relation, Corporate Information Officer and Director of the IPVG Corporation. He holds a Masters degree in Business Administration from the Columbia Business School (of Columbia University), New York, USA, and a Bachelor of Arts Interdisciplinary Studies degree from the Ateneo de Manila University.

Cary’s working experience include employment as Marketing Assistant for ING Boring Bank; and General Manager of the Lagdameo family’s Carrije Cargo, Inc. and the Je Suis Gourmand, Inc. Best of all, Cary married the former Christina “Tina” O. Trillana on August 20, 2004. She is the daughter of the late Francis Trillana (Chairman of one of the country’s top advertising agencies called Lowe Philippines) and Mrs. Sonjie O. Trillana. Cary and Tina have two kids they adore namely Celine and Paco.

Tina Trillana’s family has this penchant for reinventing popular American brands into their own Filipino version. Among the food products they introduced to the Philippine market were the Coney Island Ice Cream (my favourite creamy ice cream of 3 decades ago), Whammos (chocolate version of the well-loved Hostess Twinkies of the USA), Mr. Juicy and Candy Clouds. By the way, Go Nuts Donuts is the Trillana family’s version of the American Krispy Kreme.

Tina studied at the Culinary Institute of America in New York. This young, entrepreneurial woman has an Associate of Occupational Studies in Culinary Arts and is Safe Serve certified. The determined lady first worked as a line cook in New York’s Tableu Restaurant; and later, was the Catering Manager of the well-known Dean and Deluca Restaurant.

It was Tina who worked with American technology partners to develop recipes for the perfect Pinoy donut. The Trillanas initially came out and sold Happy Donuts at Christmas bazaars to test the market before venturing into the Bonifacio Global City Go Nuts Donuts store. Go Nuts Donuts became an instant hit in Manila creating long queues which included my cousins and myself lining up with maximum tolerance. Mind you, but it was worth every Go Nuts Donut (regular, premium or prime) we lined up for then. By 2009, Go Nuts Donuts averaged 20,000 donuts per day! These Pinoy, handmade donut goodies are of the yeast-raised variety which accounts for their “softer and lighter, melt-in-the-mouth texture.”

“We offer a premium product with a mass price. I think we’ve been rewarded because people buy our donuts by the boxes. Go Nuts Donuts are less sweet, are slightly bigger by 20%, and lasts longer with a shelf life of 3 days,” explained Michael O. Trillana, the Business Development Director and elder brother of Marketing Director Tina Trillana-Lagdameo.

“Donuts is a thoroughly American sweet invention of the 19th century. Bringing home a box of Go Nuts Donuts is like bringing a little of America to a Pinoy home,” Michael convinced me with confidence. As the slogan goes, “Go Nuts Donuts—More than just Great Donuts!

Go get your sugar fix. Go nuts over donuts.

Mindanao Times

#8,473 ·
anchor store mana bai.. dili anchor mall! kabuang.. asa man nimo ipa expand? :lol: maau pag muingon ka na maypag mag tukod silag robinsons place sa panabo or tagum. kana possible pa ug mas maau. ;)
What i mean is unta dunggagan pa nila ilang mga baligya. I have tried shopping at Robinsons for some shirt and pants. I was really very disappointed kay gamay ra kaayo ilang available stocks and even brands.

Ambot, gikulangan jud ko sa ilang mga baligya.

#8,474 ·
Parfois: For trendy, affordable accessories

DAVAO's fashionistas who are looking for great picks to complete their looks already have a store that will provide their needs.

Parfois, Europe's leading fashion accessories brand, brings to Davao City, its first outside Metro Manila, the best styles in accessories designed by dedicated teams of fashion designers in Porto, Portugal and Barcelona, Spain.

Win US $500 cash in Sun.Star’s music video contest

The brand specializes in trendy accessories for woman. It stocks a wide collection of jewelry, watches and sunglasses, belts and bags, hats and scarves.

With this, Davao fashion-conscious can now rely on Parfois, which in less than a month opened two concept stores in the city, with its first branch at Abreeza of the Ayala Malls in Bajada and later at SM City Davao. (Parfois opened its store at Abreeza on May 12 and at SM City Davao on June 8.)

The city stores are Parfois' 4th and 5th stores in the country. The three others are all based in Manila.

Parfois' parent company Barata & Ramile has partnered with Vogue Concepts, the local distributors of Promod, Etam and Flojos, to bring Parfois to Manila and Davao.

"We see Davao's market as very promising. In less than a month since we opened our branch at Abreeza, the market's response has been overwhelming," said Rogerio Alves, Parfois marketing manager, who graced the store's opening at SM City.

He said the energy of the retail market in this part of the country plus the rise of fashion-savvy Dabawenyas, or Mindanaoans in general, have prompted Parfois to expand in Davao City.

"The products that we offer here reflect the vibrance and energy of Barcelona and Porto, the cities where the Parfois design teams are based," he said.

Parfois products, Alves assured, are an answer to Dabawenya's passion for accessories that are trendy yet affordable. Prices of Parfois products range from less than a hundred bucks for rings and hairpieces to leass than P3,000 for luggage. Stylish sunglasses and watches are priced less than P2,000.

And in response to current retail philosophy of fast fashion, Alves vowed Parfois will carry new products every two days, perfect for the early adopters and fashion trend followers. This only means, new designs that cater to the demand of the market will be made the soonest possible time in every Parfois store.

Founded in 1994 in Portugal, the brand has at least 200 shops in France, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Latvia, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Croatia, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Egypt, Angola and Mozambique.

Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on June 29, 2011.

#8,475 ·
Going wacky with Go Nuts Donuts

IT IS indeed insanely delicious, so delicious, you get wacky over it. Go Nuts Donuts, long-craved for by Dabawenyos, finally opened its first store here at the Abreeza Mall last Saturday.

Donut People Inc. president Mike Trillana, who owns the franchise brand, says they are 100 percent proudly Filipino and equally proud of their achievements.

Win US $500 cash in Sun.Star’s music video contest

He says they are the only donut brand that Walt Disney commissioned for its Disney characters.

"Of course, we were truly proud," he says at the press conference during the opening.

The company opened in 2003 and since then, has been marking milestones in the country. Hailed as one of the best newcomers in the food scene, Go Nuts Donuts generated raves and delight across the seas.

With the opening of the store at the ground floor of Abreeza Mall, Dabawenyos need not troop to the metro to savor the insanely delicious taste of donuts.

"We are very excited about the prospects of the business in Davao and we look forward to serving up our signature Donuts here in Davao. Anytime we can expand into more geographic areas in the Philippines, it is very special and humbling to all of us," Trillana says in a press statement.

Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on June 29, 2011.

#8,476 ·
good food, good service last weekend when i had dinner with friends here..

by the way @nbrdvo, i waited for your SMS last saturday hehe..

net find...

D A V A O

#8,480 ·
Abreeza Ayala Mall Davao Cinema Schedule | Transformers: Dark of the Moon starting June 29, 2011

Cinema 1 (3D) = P250 at 1:00PM, 3:55PM, 6:50PM, 9:45PM.

Cinema 2 = P135 at 12:15PM, 3:10PM, 6:05PM, 9:00PM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.