SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The Front Porch - Southeast Skybar

80K views 93 replies 23 participants last post by  xzmattzx 
#1 · (Edited)
The Front Porch

For POLITE discussions about "everthing else".

All the usual rules apply, *especially* NO PERSONAL INSULTS, race or gender intolerance, City vs. City bashing, pictures of nudity, reposting content deleted by a moderator, flame wars, religion bashing and wishing/celebrating death on/of anyone.

Untitled by revrev, on Flickr

See less See more
#46 ·
It's something I don't hide, but at the same time, it's also something I don't feel a need to announce either.

#49 ·
The SE forum is well represented by the LGBTQ etc community. What's cool is that the designation doesn't really seem to matter anymore. Kids today are more likely to identify as a futon than gay or straight (only slight exaggeration). Gay bars are closing and "straight" bars look like the "mixed" clubs of a decade ago. As a Gen Xer I was giddy to see PDA's in Richmond 15 years ago. Now not even the baby boomers seem to notice it.

#51 ·
Interesting to know. Guess we'll all have a wonderful future with the stink bug for many years to come.
sigh

#59 ·
Billy Ray Cyrus Hair styling sites

#61 ·
From Wiki (pretty cool idea)-

Since 2006, from Exit 200 (Interstate 295) to Exit 273 (U.S. Route 60 east of the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel), a contraflow lane reversal system is in place to hasten an evacuation of the Hampton Roads area. Hurricane gates are installed at eastbound Interstate 64 entrance and exit ramps, and crossover roads are in place near the aforementioned exits. During a hurricane evacuation, the eastbound lanes of I-64 will be reversed into westbound lanes so hundreds of thousands of residents can evacuate.[2]

Reactions: waccamatt
This post has been deleted
#68 ·
Honestly wanted to see Kentucky vs. Duke, with Kentucky trying for perfect season and the championship, Those two teams have a storied history and would have made incredible match up. Still Wisconsin had a great season, and played a nearly perfect game. So congrats and hope we get a great game Monday night.

#69 ·
As an ACC guy I'm rooting for Duke tomorrow night, but leery. Wiscy has played well all tournament. I'll be curious to see if the hype and hoopla over beating Kentucky will leave the Badgers a bit drained or less focused heading into the final.

Meanwhile, I'll take a moment to throw in my usual complaint about unfair scheduling practices in college sports. Here are the numbers of '14-'15 out of conference games for some notable top cbb programs!

Home - Road - Neutral - Program

10-1-2 Kentucky
_7-1-4 Duke
_9-2-2 Syracuse
_8-2-3 Arizona
_6-2-4 Kansas
10-0-3 Indiana

#71 ·
So I saw this bicycle bar thing riding around Scott's addition here in Richmond last night. About ten people were peddling this thing that had a person steering at the front and another in the middle serving drinks at a bar (just caught a glimpse, could have been a DJ? Not sure how they get a license to serve alcohol).

Is this a thing? The whole thing was about the size of a FedEx truck.

#73 ·
So I saw this bicycle bar thing riding around Scott's addition here in Richmond last night. About ten people were peddling this thing that had a person steering at the front and another in the middle serving drinks at a bar (just caught a glimpse, could have been a DJ? Not sure how they get a license to serve alcohol).

Is this a thing? The whole thing was about the size of a FedEx truck.
Yes, pedal taverns are becoming a thing. They are popular here in downtown Nashville and I've heard about them in touristy areas of some other cities as well.

#72 ·
That sounds epic. I will be looking in to doing this asap.

#76 ·
Cool. Seeing one on the street (especially in an old industrial neighborhood like Scott's Addition here in Richmond) really changes how you see an area. I've seen a few now and it makes the dispersed bars and breweries seem like part of cohesive experience. I like them.

I assumed that places with a mature tourism industry (Savannah, Nashville, Atlanta) would have them, good to know they do. Maybe there can be staying power. I never thought Segway tours would make it here but 5-6 years latter there are now two companies offering them and I see dozens of tourists on them every time I pass through downtown. Like Angela Bassett I'm waiting to exhale (too old a reference?).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.