SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Northern suburbs | Gentofte, Gladsaxe, Herlev, Ballerup, Rudersdal, Furesø | Projects & Construction

283K views 1K replies 68 participants last post by  ramblersen 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is a thread for the Copenhagen suburbs to put an end to discussion as to what goes in which threads. I can't say I take much interest in this - for peolple who favour urbanism, any suburban project is a missed oportunity and a sad case of misunderstood planning. Therefore the most interesting projects which will go in this thread are, in my opinion, those that will contribute to making the suburbs more urban or at least lend them a bit of identity.

As for how much should be included, U suggest:
1) Copenhagen and Frederiksberg Municipality goes in the "real" Copenhagen thread. I haven't really got an opinion on wheather the more suburban parts of Copenhagen Municipality, such as Vanløse and Brønshøj should rather go in here.
2) Roskilde, Helsingør and Køge are NOT included but goes in the general Denmark thread since they obviously have an identity of their own, or in dedicated threads should anyone want to make them. Especially Køge could imo deserve its own thread since there seems to be a lot of things happening there right now or in the near future.
3) Everything in the intermediate zone goes in this thread.
4) Except Tuborg Havn which still goes in the dedicated thread. Infrastructure still goes in the infrastructure thread.

Background and overall initiatives

1947 and 2007 Finger Plans
Historically, the Copenhagen suburbs have been developed according to the Finger Plan from 1947 which intends for the suburbs to develop as fingers along commuter rail lines seperated by green wedges:

A few years ago the plan was updated with the 2007 Finger Plan but the finger structure continues to provide the overall guidelines for Copenhagen's development, although now with 7 (or 6½) fingers instead of the original 5:

Link in Danish:
http://www.skovognatur.dk/Udgivelser/2007/Fingerplan2007.htm

Ring City project

More recently, an initiative has been launched to develop and integrate a Ring City (Danish: Ringbyen) along the Ring 3 highway which encircles Copenhagen:

Link in Danish:
http://www.kommuneplan2009.hvidovre.dk/Default.aspx?ID=154#subpage1

Loop City vision

Another vision for the development of the Copenhagen Metropolitan Area is the Loop City project which was presented by Bjarke Ingels Group on the 2010 Venice Biennale. It wnvisions a city around the Danish and Swedish sides of Øresund but really falls outside the scope of this thread. Here is a link in English though:

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/ca...tects-finger-plan-to-loop-city-1947-2047.html

See less See more
#31 ·
Hello to all of you!
I am not really sure if this is the right thread where I should post this so if it's not I'm sorry, forgive my mistake!
I am an italian student of architecture and we are currently working on an assignment concerning Copenhagen's sustainable neighborhood "Ballerup Egebjerggard" built in late '90s. Unfortunately in our faculty's library and in the municipal library here in Italy I had huge problems on finding site plans, views, pictures about the area and it's buildings so I kindly ask to you if someone has some material, or links to some archive, or simply jpegs about this beautiful project!
It would be so helpful for me!
Thank you for your attention!
Good day ahead to everyone!
Cheers

#40 ·
Sad thing is that this story was actually an April's Fool. I think that it says just about everything about Hillerød that a story about a fifty m high hotel building qualifies as Apriløs Fool mateiral. And they even released it on 30 March because that is when Hillerød Posten comes out, how dumb is that.:eek:hno:

#46 ·
Round seems to be the new black (cf. the new Copenhagen Plant Science Centre). Henning Larsen Architects/Friis & Moltke has won the extension of Herlev Hospital with this project:

Vinderen af udbygningen af Herlev Hospital blev Konsortiet Henning Larsen Architects, Friis & Moltke, Orbicon | Leif Hansen, Norconsult (N), NNE Pharmaplan, Brunsgaard & Laursen og SLA.

Fremtidens Herlev Hospital
I 2010 udskrev Region Hovedstaden en indbudt projektkonkurrence om udbygning og modernisering af Herlev Hospital, hvor fem konsortier skulle give deres bud på, hvordan fremtidens hospital skal se ud.

Rammerne for det nye hospitalsbyggeri skal understøtte det sammenhængende patientforløb, hvor patienten, i alle faser, modtager behandling af højeste kvalitet. Det realiseres blandt andet ved at bygge et nyt kvinde/barn-center og en ny stor, fælles akutmodtagelse.

I nærværende konkurrence har de fem konsortier givet deres bud på den komplekse opgave, det er at udvide Herlev hospital, og der er under bedømmelsen konstateret stor variation af forslagene. Konkurrence-deltagernes evne til at skabe arkitektur og syntese har i konkurrencen været sat yderligere på prøve af den store udfordring, det er at skulle udbygge og tilføje nye bygninger til et verdenskendt hovedværk i dansk arkitektur.

Alt andet end firkantet
De indleverede forslag har taget udgangspunkt i visionen om, at de fysiske rammer, integration af kunst og behandling af uderum skal skabe en samlet oplevelse for patienter, pårørende og personale. Mennesket skal være i centrum, og patienternes behov for tryghed og nærvær skal tilgodeses.

Vinderforslaget er ifølge dommerkomiteen det forslag, der er mest tro mod programmets vision om at skabe et patientvenligt hospital. Både i helhedsplanen og i det arkitektoniske, bygningsmæssige koncept formår forslaget på ambitiøs vis at skabe den nye identitet, som både udfordrer og forstærker oplevelsen af det eksisterende Herlev Hospital og dets omgivelser. Efter en lang og grundig bedømmelsesperiode nåede dommerkomiteen frem til en enig afgørelse, som redefinerer, at hospitalsbyggeri kan være alt andet end firkantet.

Akademisk Arkitektforening har været konkurrencerådgiver gennem hele forløbet.
http://www.arkitektforeningen.dk/konkurrence/herlev-hospital

#47 ·
^^ You keep on coming with some good posts for the moment Ramblersen :)

Round yes - but flat, i actually was hoping that Herlev Hospital would have continued the extension in the higher scale, they could have "rounded up" and not extended in 4-5 storeys. It's like architecture these years in Denmark got to be lower than it used to be, maybe cause the public sector has to show low profile due all the cutting downs in the moment ?

#54 ·
Growing København.
The local politicians in the northern part of Hovedstads-regionen will increase investments in infra-structure, roads and housings, and extend the Fingerplan.

København skal vokse mod nord

Af Nils-Ole Heggland
Fredag den 13. maj 2011, 13:56

Går det, som flere lokalpolitikere ønsker, skal storbyen vokse mod nord - med masser af veje, baner og byggeri.

Flere lokalpolitikere foreslår nu, at hovedstaden breder sig længere mod nord, end de hidtidige planer lægger op til, skriver Frederiksborg Amts Avis.

Det kan udløse massivt byggeri af motorvej, bane og mere by.

Konkret lyder forslaget, at den såkaldte Fingerplan fra tiden efter Anden Verdenskrig bliver udvidet, så fingeren mod Hillerød nordvest for København får lov at vokse videre. De øvrige "fingre" med byudvikling har forlængst nået Køge, Roskilde, Frederikssund og Helsingør.

- Vi ønsker med tiden S-tog til Helsinge, og vi ønsker Hillerødmotorvejen forlænget - i første omgang fra Allerød til Hillerød, men senere helt til Helsinge, siger borgmester Jan Ferdinandsen (K) fra Gribskov - en kommune som døjer med faldende børnetal og færre erhvervsaktive.

Han fremlagde kommunens ønsker på et nyligt møde mellem miljøminister Karen Ellemann (V) og borgmestre i Nordsjælland.

Fra Region Hovedstaden er lignende forslag undervejs.

- Vi ønsker Hillerød-fingeren forlænget både til Gilleleje og Frederiksværk af hensyn til trafiksikkerheden og for at skabe mulighed for at få virksomheder til at etablere sig i udkanten af fingrene. Selv om det har lange udsigter, så skal der gives plads i planen til, at S-togene med tiden kan forlænges til Helsinge, siger regionsmedlem Peter Kay Mortensen (S) til den nordsjællandske regionalavis.

Regionsrådets udvalg for regionaludvikling og trafik er ved at lægge sidste hånd på et høringssvar til "Fingerplan 2007" - den mundrette betegnelse for "Landsplandirektiv for hovedstadsområdets planlægning," som hører under Miljøministeriet.

#55 ·
There is the same plan in the southen part of Copenhagen.
Køge kommune wants to expand the fingerplan to Herfølge, which also contains extension of the s-train from Køge to Herfølge.

They will also expand the roskilde Finger to Borup.

In both cities, there are large areas at around the stations which could be exploited for urban development, if it came under the finger plan.

#58 ·
So small it is hardly worth mentioning but Rungstedgaard is currently being refurbished and expanded to the design of Lundgaard & Tranberg. It is a former manor house located next to Karen Blixen's Rungsted, which now serves as ahotel and conference venue. Completion later this summer - a bit delayed after the main contractor's bankrupcy.

http://motiverendemøder.dk/partnere/rungstedgaard.html

#59 ·
Four teams are ledt in the competition for a new city centre in Høje Taastrup which is to connect City 2 to the station.

1. Cebra og Transform
2. Entasis
3. Cobe
4. Henning Larsen, Polyform og Dress & Sommer

They seem to be on the right track:

Bæredygtigt byrum

Høje-Taastrup by omkring stationen blev aldrig det aktive byrum, som planlæggerne havde håbet på i slutningen af 70’erne. Derfor skal der nu bygges højere, tættere og mere varieret.

http://www.htk.dk/Nyheder/Nyhedsoversigt/Pressemeddelelser/2011/Maj_11/Downtown konkurrence.aspx

#61 ·
To thread this one under Copenhagen suburbs, might piss some locals (and Ramblersen) off.

Arkitema wins the competition for the 15,000 M2 Tretorn houses in Helsingør.
Four architectural firms were invited to compete for one of Denmark's best located and most valuable sites the Tretorn building site next to the beach.

Arkitema Architects have been chosen as the winner of the competition. The 100 - 150 residences are to be built beside Helsingør North Harbour and with views of Kronborg, Øresund and Sweden.

#62 ·
To thread this one under Copenhagen suburbs, might piss some locals (and Ramblersen) off.
[/IMG]
To thread or not to thread - nice SSC slang you've got there!:lol:

As for the scope of this thread, it certainly won't piss me off. My initial proposal for a somewhat more restrictive definition was merely an attempt to find some compromise which would save us from further discussions - and your initial suggestion for a rather expansive definition caused some rather negative reactions from some forumers as I recall it. Personally I don't really care but can see the point in keeping the entire Finger Plan area together.

As for the winning design, I think it looks a bit boring and would like to see the three other proposals from BIG, Henning Larsen Architects and Vilhelm Lauritzen Arkitekter.

#63 ·
The seventh and last stage of Gyngemosen, Sjælsøs 's redevelopment of the former T´V-byen in Søborg, will soon be commenced. It isdesigned by Vilhelm Lauritzen and involves 200 apartments (19,000 sqm). Not exactly exciting but okay for the location, I guess:

The privious stages have been designed by Kim Utzon, Kieler Architects, Vandkunsten, Dissing + Weitling og Lundgaard & Trandberg and another one by VLA.

http://www.vla.dk/nyheder/nyhed20110530.htm