SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Buckhead-Atlanta's "Twin" City

99K views 196 replies 81 participants last post by  gwiATLeman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is a recent picture of Buckhead looking from the south. This skyline is literally exploding and will look totally different in a year from now.

Buckhead Skyline by amar_dhs, on Flickr

See less See more
#4 ·
Under Construction 8-2006

3344 Peachtree- "The Sovereign" 47 stories, 660 feet
The Mansion On Peachtree- 50 Stories, 580 feet
Terminus- 33 stories, 485 feet
St Regis Hotel-26 stories, 300 feet
The Gallery-27 stories, 350 feet
The Brookwood- 19 stories
Terminus 200- 22 stories
Two Alliance Center-20 stories

Proposed

Rooms to Go Tower-40 Stories
Cousins Residential Tower 3- 40 stories
Cousins Res Tower 4- 40 stories
Cityplace 2- 40 stories
Cityplace 3- 40
Cityplace 4- 40
Cityplace 5- 40
Cityplace 6- 40
Cityplace 7- 40
Cityplace 8- 40
Cityplace 9- 40
Cityplace 10-40
W Hotel Buckhead- 38
3630 Peachtree- 36
3500 Peachtree 1- 32
3500 Peachtree 2- 32
3630 Peachtree 2- 32
The Avenue- 22

#13 ·
teshadoh said:
I guess it's sweeps week at Skyscrapercity, all we need now is UrbanDesigner/ExYankee/UrbanMyth to start posting again.
We now have opulence, the troll king, posting so we don't need the greatest hits from the past. Will he find a single thread to post on in which he doesn't get in a fight?

#15 ·
AubieTurtle said:
We now have opulence, the troll king, posting so we don't need the greatest hits from the past. Will he find a single thread to post on in which he doesn't get in a fight?
Are you going to start this in every thread I post in? FYI, I don't get into fights over the internet, just disagreements, which for now only seems to be with you.

I'm sure if we ever crossed paths in person, we would get along just fine, now can we just squash all this and think about how beautiful the Peachtree St corridor will look in the future:

#18 ·
BucKhead can't be a twin city to Atlanta because it's actually a nieghborhood in the city limits of Atlanta. In order for Atlanta and Buckhead to be considered twin cities there would have to be two independant governments.

Above some one posted that the ATLs skyline would be better if Buckhead would merge with midtown. Anybody who lives or has had the pleasure to visit Atlanta knows that the merging of the Downtown, Midtown, and Buckhead Skylines is occuring as we speak. Its not like Buckhead is 20 miles from Downtown. I think from the start of the CBD on the corner of Peachtree and MLK the distance b/w Downtown and Buckhead along peachtree is something like 10 miles.

Is it me, or does it seem that peoples' post in these forums give away that they have never been to some of the cities they are posting about.

#19 · (Edited)
oh30034 said:
BucKhead can't be a twin city to Atlanta because it's actually a nieghborhood in the city limits of Atlanta. In order for Atlanta and Buckhead to be considered twin cities there would have to be two independant governments.

Above some one posted that the ATLs skyline would be better if Buckhead would merge with midtown. Anybody who lives or has had the pleasure to visit Atlanta knows that the merging of the Downtown, Midtown, and Buckhead Skylines is occuring as we speak. Its not like Buckhead is 20 miles from Downtown. I think from the start of the CBD on the corner of Peachtree and MLK the distance b/w Downtown and Buckhead along peachtree is something like 10 miles.

Is it me, or does it seem that peoples' post in these forums give away that they have never been to some of the cities they are posting about.
You are right. I know it can never be a true city, but it has a skyline that is bigger than many SE cities. In fact, i cannot think of many other cities in the USA that have a skyline of this magnitude inside their respective city limits.

#91 · (Edited)
#21 ·
The City of Los Angeles has something like fourteen different downtowns within its city limits. It's been over a decade since I've been there but I remember Woodland Hills having a decent number of towers. I suspect other "downtown" areas in Los Angeles are the same. As to whether or not any of them are more impressive than Buckhead is up for debate. I don't have any photos and haven't been there in quite a while so I can't give an opinion in either direction but I wouldn't confidently say that Buckhead is the largest non-CBD skyline inside of the city limits in US.

#23 ·
Great to see these new towers planned. Especially around Perimeter Mall, which has the Concourse towers and two or three others, but could use a lot more density.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.