SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Molineux Redevelopment | Wolverhampton | 40,000+ | Phase 1 Completed

2M views 10K replies 240 participants last post by  BlackCountryAl 
#1 ·
Shock plans for Molineux rebuild

Molineux could be completely rebuilt under ambitious plans to increase its capacity to 40,000 plus.

Wolves owner Steve Morgan wants to make the stadium a more intimidating venue for the opposition and create a hotel as part of the grand scheme.

The Molineux chairman was today meeting with chief executive Jez Moxey and architects as part of a series of meetings to form plans.

“We have a 10-year masterplan to develop the club as we want,” said Mr Morgan. “I want to get the crowd closer to the pitch so that the opposition are terrified when they come to our ground.

“Jez and I are meeting with architects today, in fact, to see what we can do. We have a competition going with them to see who can come up with the best proposals.”

It is understood Mr Morgan favours a rebuild of all four stands with an increased capacity on the current 28,500 limit.

Another option would be to lower the pitch to create another tier of seating.

Mr Morgan said: “What has really got to me is just how much of a bond there is with the supporters.

“Now we want to kick on. We are all passing through but I want my reign to be remembered as successful.” Wolves play their final League game on Sunday when they host Plymouth, a game they must win to have any chance of making the end of season play-offs, where a place in the Premier League is at stake.

Should Wolves join Albion in the Premier League by winning promotion through the play-offs, they would be guaranteed £62m and demand to see the team would go through the roof.

Three sides of Molineux were rebuilt by former owner Sir Jack Hayward between 1991-94 for a cost of around £10m.

Sir Jack built a £5m Billy Wright Stand and new North and South Banks at a cost of £2.5m each, while what is now the Steve Bull Stand was refurbished.

See less See more
#8,301 ·
Totally agree. Its so tempting to comment but not worth the effort of lifting my fingers on the keyboard. Is there a way of getting the site to block people on here who contribute absolutely nothing useful !
I'm not keen on the idea of banning any persons from speaking somewhere, something about the idea of that doesn't quite sit right with me. However, it cannot be denied that in many cases, the banning of a specific person would definitely improve the experience for everyone else.

Instead of seeking to ban, maybe we should just view him as a parody of "those" fans (If you Like the Wolves Express and Star page on Facebook, or any of the Wolves pages really, you'll know which fans I'm talking about, they pop up in the comments sections). Read his posts again, but try treating them as joke. I just did it; I read them in a very sarcastic voice and it does, at least to me, make them almost humorous :lol:

Now then, with that whole load of rubbish hopefully behind us;
Has anyone actually been to the museum yet? I know quite a few people for whom a ticket to the museum would make a great stocking filler, so; any feedback from it? Is it worth the £7?

#8,303 ·
I'm not keen on the idea of banning any persons from speaking somewhere, something about the idea of that doesn't quite sit right with me. However, it cannot be denied that in many cases, the banning of a specific person would definitely improve the experience for everyone else.

Instead of seeking to ban, maybe we should just view him as a parody of "those" fans (If you Like the Wolves Express and Star page on Facebook, or any of the Wolves pages really, you'll know which fans I'm talking about, they pop up in the comments sections). Read his posts again, but try treating them as joke. I just did it; I read them in a very sarcastic voice and it does, at least to me, make them almost humorous :lol:

Now then, with that whole load of rubbish hopefully behind us;
Has anyone actually been to the museum yet? I know quite a few people for whom a ticket to the museum would make a great stocking filler, so; any feedback from it? Is it worth the £7?
Rubbish It was all FACT and made sense! ...

Like I keep repeating Gouldy ...

You keep seeing THE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES or you're just a Morgan & Moxey ass licker :lol:

No need to ban me. This is my last post on this dead topic!

Merry Christmas to you too :nuts:

#8,305 ·
I've spent a lot of time holding thought provoking debates on many subjects with various people, and a lot of time holding far less interesting discussions with very ignorant folk; but rarely have I witnessed such a blatant case of the Dunning–Kruger effect, as that which I have witnessed over the last few pages. That is all.

Enough, now.

Now; referring others to the question I asked at the end of my previous post:

#8,306 ·
Totally agree. Its so tempting to comment but not worth the effort of lifting my fingers on the keyboard. Is there a way of getting the site to block people on here who contribute absolutely nothing useful !
You can add people to your ignore list. Click on User CP, then click on 'Edit Ignore List' in the settings and options section, and finally add the person you'd like to ignore into the area provided.

#8,307 ·
gouldy said:
Now; referring others to the question I asked at the end of my previous post:
A question i was asked today & was hoping to get some help from the scrapers!

Additionally, for those north bankers who have been upper & lower tier any preference for me when the steve bull comes down?
Ive done a game in both tiers but quite frankly they were poor games so its hard to judge & i'll be there for a year or two...

#8,308 ·
DBadger said:
For the record, Morgan bought the club for £1 promising investment of £10m, which he did deliver.
I'm pretty sure it was £10, and that's now on display in the museum. The investment agreed being 30 million.

Not important but just stating.

Has anyone heard any more rumblings on the SB stand? Rumours were rife a few weeks back with subsidence issues etc.

#8,309 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure it was £10, and that's now on display in the museum. The investment agreed being 30 million.

Has anyone heard any more rumblings on the SB stand? Rumours were rife a few weeks back with subsidence issues etc.
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

FACT AS I SAID .. NOT FICTION LIKE .. BADGER ~ GOULDY ~ NODDY and others think...

YES GOULDY you'd better get to the museum and you may learn something about our once GREAT CLUB!

#8,310 ·
A question i was asked today & was hoping to get some help from the scrapers!

Additionally, for those north bankers who have been upper & lower tier any preference for me when the steve bull comes down?
Ive done a game in both tiers but quite frankly they were poor games so its hard to judge & i'll be there for a year or two...
I've sat in the NB 3 times this season and the view from the upper tier is pretty great. It's also better in terms of atmosphere to the lower in my opinion, especially toward the back of the middle sections.

#8,311 ·
I don't know if any of you remember the story, it was on match of the day 2 in the past couple years, of the isle of man based wolves fan who goes to every game. Anyway he is a family friend and naturally has forged many relationships within the club and usually knows a lot of the behind the scenes gossip, he has been a season ticket holder in the SB for many years but has moved this year because he has heard its being demolished

Obviously this is still gossip and so naturally could be complete rubbish, but having said that he's not often wrong about these things

#8,312 ·

You're right, sorry. I'll make sure to check up on things I only heard in passing a while ago.

Has Morgan invested £30 million in the club since getting it? Or is he on track to?

Also btw, this is going to be opposite the Steve Bull when both finished:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/12/12/university-of-wolverhampton-in-45m-expansion/

:cheers:

#8,313 ·
You're right, sorry. I'll make sure to check up on things I only heard in passing a while ago.

Has Morgan invested £30 million in the club since getting it? Or is he on track to?

Also btw, this is going to be opposite the Steve Bull when both finished:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/12/12/university-of-wolverhampton-in-45m-expansion/

:cheers:
I wasn't aware of this, excellent news as it will improve the overall image of molineux st. My only concern is whether this building project might clash with plans for the new Steve bull, such that they couldn't both be done at the same time. Any thoughts?

#8,315 ·
I wasn't aware of this, excellent news as it will improve the overall image of molineux st. My only concern is whether this building project might clash with plans for the new Steve bull, such that they couldn't both be done at the same time. Any thoughts?
I don't see why that would happen. They would be different contractors on land different sides of the road from each other.

Neither project would use the others site for machinery/site works etc

#8,316 ·
i've not posted on here for sometime but look in now and then, one thing i've noticed is the way that gouldy bloke replies to some posts, it seems to me he thinks he is superior to most people.
just to say it as it is gouldy is a smarmy ****
Gouldy, along with Messi, have done more than anyone to contribute to this thread taking time out to to take photos of the development. Their input outshone that of the official Molineux Pride site.

Gouldy has always come across as objective and reasonable in his replies and on many occasions shown more restraint than most.

The above comment is both unnecessary and immature.

Keep up the good work Gouldy and hope you're around for the rest of the development.

#8,317 ·
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

FACT AS I SAID .. NOT FICTION LIKE .. BADGER ~ GOULDY ~ NODDY and others think...

YES GOULDY you'd better get to the museum and you may learn something about our once GREAT CLUB!

I was already aware that he bought the club for £10 and promised an investment of £30million, not the £1 and £10million that was mistakenly stated by someone else. I'm really not sure what the point of this post was? Other than another attempt to further alienate yourself, by including others in your insults now, instead of just continuing your tirade against me.

As I've said before, instead of genuine discussion, you only seem interested in provocation. Ask yourself, why is this? We are all here to talk about the construction of the molineux redevelopment and to follow the construction through photos etc. so why are you getting so capslocky and shouty? What do you hope to acheive by this? Genuinely, I'm interested. Surely you must realise that as soon as you start on this path, all you're doing is alienating yourself from the group as people begin to take your opinions less and less seriously?

Please, stop this. Please try to enter into proper discussion again - I'm not one for holding grudges and hard feelings. It's good to have differing opinions on the forum, it's what drives the discussions, just please stop getting so personal when someone challenges your opinions; or we end up in this situation again, where some folk were calling for you to be banned.

Now then;

Me Babbies: I have personally found the upper tier to be a vastly better experience, both for the view and the atmosphere. The only real negative is the large number of stairs you need to go up in order to get to your seat! However, to contrast that, my mom spent one game in the upper tier and hated it and moved her seat to the lower tier. I put this down to her age, to be honest, she wasn't much a fan of the number of stairs and the steepness slightly scared her :lol:

The University Development: Saw that posted the other day and I must say, that new building that will be right next to the new Steve Bull, looks really good. That little area of Wolverhampton will certainly be vastly improved in a few years time (IF, that is, the Steve Bull is to go ahead :lol:)

#8,318 · (Edited)
i've not posted on here for sometime but look in now and then, one thing i've noticed is the way that gouldy bloke replies to some posts, it seems to me he thinks he is superior to most people.
just to say it as it is gouldy is a smarmy ****
Alienate myself Gouldy???

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE as Yam.ie points out ..

You've spoken belittling and dismissing many Wolves fans on here besides myself, like David recently in the same manner..
In your condescending superior way :eek:hno:

Just because you do a good job posting photo's on here, as Wildfire Wolf states, does not give you that right..
To undermine other Wolves fans opinions!

#8,320 ·
If that's the way you and Yam.ie see it, Jay Jay Joy; then that's fine, it is, honestly, of little concern to me. I am not here to change people's opinions of my personality; I'm here to discuss the Molineux redevelopment. It would be seriously awesome if we could continue doing just that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.