Al Areen

This was on the south-west coast..iam not too sure wat it was

This is the 'Dream Island' next to funland..dont see much going on

Old muharraq bridge intersection

Bahrain WTC

Seef Intersection

See less See more
#6 ·
I’m a fair man and I have supported the government on many issues. We all heard about the massive palaces and mansions owned by the royal family, but until you see it for yourself (using google earth) and seeing the amount of land they have nabbed from this tiny country, the real shock hits you.

Today I have lost so much respect for the royal family and their mission to create a better Bahrain; better for whom other than themselves. You can count dozens of clean beaches that what have been turned into individual mini resorts for their own. Just imagine what that could have done for our tourism which the claim they fully support. I’m sure that once news of google earth and the embarrassment it carries with it upon the royal family got to them this ridiculous law was passed.

Manama, June 14, (BNA) HM King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa issued here today law number 20 for 2006, regarding the protection of beaches, coasts and sea outlets.

The law forbids any exploitation or transfer of ownership of public beaches, coasts and sea outlets overlooked by towns and villages unless authorized by a decree. The law also bans granting licenses for coasts reclamation, unless for the public benefit, and provided that the cabinet issues a decision securing alternative outlets for coastal villages and towns upon on a proposal by the concerned minister . According to the law any violator of the above provisions shall be forced by the concerned minister to correct the situation at his own expenses without detriment to any other punishment stipulated by the penal law or any other law, be it imprisonment or a fine not exceeding BD 5000 in case of breach of clause 4 of the law.
What good does this do if the lands have already been giving out, it doesn’t mention any of those priceless plot will be giving back to the citizens. Must it always come down to a potential embarrassment for the government to pass such laws? Its all fine as long the people aren’t aware, and when the truth comes out a cover up more shameful than the crime is fabricated.

For the first time in my life I’m ashamed to be Bahraini.

#7 ·
now no need to get into a hissy fit but I guess there is a good reason for that law. so far the only thing I can think of is that Bahrain does not have any decent private beaches besides Jazayer and if the trend of reclamation keeps up with its current place we wont have a decent coastal side view of the country.so I guess if the government had good intentions they would develop the coastal side of the country into beaches where everyone can enjoy them.

#9 ·
Pearl of the gulf...I just looked at google earth now and its unbelievable how much land those guys own....and how much of it has been used for personal gain whilst half of bahrain rott in the villages....I couldnt believe it once i saw it in google earth,,,Some of the houses size are unbelievable, alot of them have ther own private beaches and i even saw a few of what looks like to be golf courses.....i was shocled expecially in the eastern coast how many "mini resorts" have been taken up for personal use...whilst public places like al jazaer beach are just left neglected! Also we dont really have any real desert anymore, because theres alwas usually a "mansion" nearby. I am soo angry and a bit depressed now aswell!!

#10 · (Edited)
a small article from today's GDN that’s not on their website.

Coastal clampdown hailed

MANAMA: A new law issued by His Majesty King Hamad regarding the protection of beaches, coasts and sea outlets will contribute in greater preservation of the country’s natural resources, Muharraq Governorate heritage restoration and coastal protection committee president Ghazi Al Murbati told our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej. He said a plan to preserve the last unclaimed 13km stretch of Bahrain’s 634km coastline will help safeguard green areas and provide recreational zones.
hooray they protected 13km of coastline in God knows where; and pretend it’s a victory. So they have no recollection that they are the ones directly responsible for giving away the other 621km of coastline. Our government (royal family) sure has a way of putting a spin on things.

#13 ·
Pearl of the Gulf said:
a small article from today's GDN that’s not on their website.

hooray they protected 13km of coastline in God knows where; and pretend it’s a victory. So they have no recollection that they are the ones directly responsible for giving away the other 621km of coastline. Our government (royal family) sure has a way of putting a spin on things.
it's called the art of gold-digging

#14 ·
Pearl of the Gulf said:
as someone in that forum said a plot of land for every bahraini, while the coast is for ONE family.
Pearl of gulf i believe the king is trying to fix things up for the future however what happened in the past is not that easy to be fixed or claimed. so we should have faith in our king and what he's trying to do for the country since he took it over as well as the crown prince who is always trying to fight for the benefit of bahrain.. i have known many stories happened which i can't talk about in here but it just shows that he is really fighting in the sake of the good for bahrain. as you can see in the forum you have linked previously, people are just talking not because they really care, it just firing things up... just go down and read the way the conversation is going.
by the way that ad in the forum that said boycot Al Ayam is really pisses me off. how stupid and F....ked up are these people

#16 · (Edited)
Ya Elmahri I know what you mean...and Pearl you are right also....I think what you guys are forgetting is that the royal family is HUGE and there are obviously conflicts within family members regarding local Politics.....Furthermore I also know that the King cannot always be blamed for all the downsfalls in the economy because other people have power aswell (and you guys know what im talking about)...I also happen to know a few members of the royal family myself who are very humble and share the concerns that you and I have....Anyway it is a well known fact that corruption is one of the biggest Problems in Bahrain...Im sure that those with the power of authoity are very aware of this and inshAllah we can see this problem being tackeld effectively in the future.

#17 · (Edited)
البحرين 1-2 جزيرة بلا شواطئ

من المسئول عن نهب السواحل وتصدع الشواطئ؟!

ما الذي حدث في البحرين؟ وما هذا التناقض الغريب.. والرهيب الذي نعيشه؟ بلاد (البحرين)، هذه الجزر التي تحيطها مياه البحر باتت بلا شواطئ معتبرة!! هل صحونا من غفلتنا فجأة لنجد أنفسنا في هذا الوضع؟ أم كنا نعايش المشكلة وهي تتفاقم مرحلة بعد مرحلة من دون أن نخجل من أنفسنا ونتخذ التدابير العلاجية للحفاظ على البقية الباقية من السواحل.. ومن ماء الوجه أمام السياح والوافدين الذين يسألون بعفوية: أين هي شواطئ جزيرتكم؟

المسئولون مازالوا يتغنون بالمأسوف على عمره (بلاج الجزائر)، وهذا الأخير ما هو إلا ركامٌ من حطامٍ خلّفته السنون، وأفرزته كرة الوعود منذ عقود، ليبقى هذا الساحل اليتيم يئن ويتأوه رغم رتوش ومساحيق التجميل الرخيصة التي يُلطّخ بها أحيانا. 4% فقط!! 625 كيلومترا تقريبا هو طول سواحل البحرين، ولا تتجاوز السواحل العامة منها أكثر من 26 كيلومترا، بما يعادل حوالي 4% فقط!! وبعض الدراسات تؤكد أن النسبة لا تتجاوز 3%!​
if you want to read the rest of the long article here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.