SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Sunny Beach - a top resort at the Black Sea | Слънчев бряг

105K views 313 replies 93 participants last post by  benjaminn 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the Bulgarian resort of Sunny Beach which I visited this summer and felt very good there. I will post some selective pictures I took during the vacation in Sunny Beach. More comments later on. :)

Some random pics first from the balcony of the hotel I stayed in:

What stroke me from the begining was the huge amount of new and quality hotel and residential buildings, as well as the mediteranean style of architecture.

More of the mediteranean style of building:

^^ These are pictures of the residential side of Sunny Beach taken from the beach. Very nice architecture.

Some random pics from my first walk on the main alley of Sunny Beach. Some restaurants and bars:

See less See more
#154 ·
The area around Sunny beach, especially St. Vlas, is protected from the northern winds during winter time by mountains and forest and is good for palms like trachicarpus fortunei, most of them are left unprotected; only imported palms are being protected.

St. Vlas ->

North of Stara Planina this is not possible though (Varna, Constanta), because winters are getting very cold with strong north winds at least 3 weeks annually. Dobrudja has no mountains to protect the area, nor forests and that's why that happens.

P.S. It's the same with Sochi, the high Caucas mountains protect the city, and with Yalta - the thick forests.

#155 ·
^^
The average height of the mountain above Sunny Beach is 350 meters and not protected from winds. In winter there spirit very strong winds. On 10 March the winds picked up 4 meter waves and flooded hotels! We had to build dikes to protect the resort from the waves.
Огромни вълни заляха хотели и заведения на първа линия в Слънчев бряг вчера. Воден ад, идващ от към морето, заля алеите и наводни хотелите на първа линия в Слънчев бряг. Огромни вълни опустошиха първо плажната ивица, която е една от най-широките в България. След това стихията тръгна и към самия комплекс. Според синоптиците вчера се е наблюдавало природно явление, което учените наричат "щормови нагон". Причината е, че над 20 часа е духал силен североизточен вятър.

http://www.monitor.bg/article?id=235882

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.