SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center (1WTC) | 541m | 1776ft | 94 fl | Com

22M views 59K replies 4K participants last post by  Riley1066 
#1 ·
Since the world trade center is finally under construction. I wanted to create this thread for photos and news about skyscrapersd and the memorial happening at ground zero. Please post photos of the site plan, and construction photos happening at the site. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!! :)

#36,184 ·
At their current pace, it took them 3 Days to install the 2 parapet columns and 1 node steel.

Since there are 12 parapet columns and 4 node steels.

3 Days - 2 Parapet columns and 1 node steel
6 Days - 4 Parapet columns and 2 node steel
9 Days - 6 Parapet columns and 3 node steel
12 Days- 8 Parapet columns and 4 node steel
15 Days-12 Parapet columns
18 Days- Spandrels Beams

So starting from July 16th, 18 Working Days from now will be August 9th, when I am assuming the official topping out will occur. :D
Don't bother with trying to predict schedules like this. It never works out that way.

#36,186 ·
At their current pace, it took them 3 Days to install the 2 parapet columns and 1 node steel.

Since there are 12 parapet columns and 4 node steels.

3 Days - 2 Parapet columns and 1 node steel
6 Days - 4 Parapet columns and 2 node steel
9 Days - 6 Parapet columns and 3 node steel
12 Days- 8 Parapet columns and 4 node steel
15 Days-12 Parapet columns
18 Days- Spandrels Beams

So starting from July 16th, 18 Working Days from now will be August 9th, when I am assuming the official topping out will occur. :D
You don't know that they'll keep that pace, and I doubt they will. Look at how quickly 4 WTC's parapet went up

#36,187 ·
Two cranes on top of One World Trade Center working together to lift the steel for the building’s parapet.

WTC Progress Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wtcprogress
Huge picture!

I believe that that is the corner node(?) because the other 2 big columns for the parapet were tilted because of the tapering of the building and the corner node is on the vertical part of the building and the parapet(which is slanted), so it must be bent.

Correct me if Im wrong.

#36,191 ·
Why arent the other ones bent?

(I know, but in the picture the beam could have blocked the triplecolumn/trident)
I explained, well attempted to, a few days ago. To make it short, the parapet is vertical. All beams on floor 105 are angled, except for the corner nodes. They are bent, but it is hard to see.

Here is the 105th floor steel from the side (Dots are the sky):
...../
..../
.../
../
./
/

Thus, a bent beam must be placed (Dots are the sky):
.....|
.....|
...../
..../
.../
../
./
/

Make sense??

#36,192 ·
Why arent the other ones bent?

(I know, but in the picture the beam could have blocked the triplecolumn/trident)
I think that beam is bent because it is, well, a beam, not a column. It is probably for the top slab on which the antenna and the cooling towers will be housed :cheers:

Btw, to the post above by LAF2, I don't think the perimeter columns will be that much bent. A bit bent, yes, but not that much :cheers:

#36,193 ·
^^ Thank you Kanto. I was just looking back at the two beams close up, and it got me wondering. They are slightly bent, but not nearly as much as this one. I was about to ask what they were but you already had posted. :lol:

So you are saying this could help anchor the antenna/spire?

#36,194 · (Edited)
So the parapet will not have the same slope as the slanted part of the building?
Will it look like this? (Very exaggerated)

.........l
.........l
........nn
.....l..nn..l
..../........\
.../..........\
../............\
./..............\
l.................l
l.................l
l.................l
l.................l