SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center (1WTC) | 541m | 1776ft | 94 fl | Com

22M views 59K replies 4K participants last post by  Riley1066 
#1 ·
Since the world trade center is finally under construction. I wanted to create this thread for photos and news about skyscrapersd and the memorial happening at ground zero. Please post photos of the site plan, and construction photos happening at the site. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!! :)

#36,203 ·
^^ Thank you Kanto. I was just looking back at the two beams close up, and it got me wondering. They are slightly bent, but not nearly as much as this one. I was about to ask what they were but you already had posted. :lol:

So you are saying this could help anchor the antenna/spire?
I think it is a floor beam for the top slab (core "roof"). They probably have to use different shapes of the beams so that they are compatible with the top of the core. To support the antenna I can imagine that the "roof" of the core must be very thick in order to resist the huge shear load that will be placed on it. Though I might be wrong. It is just my guess. Otie or Spectre surely know more than I do, so I'd like to hear their opinions :cheers:

#36,209 ·
Thanks

I discovered this place a while back after struggling to find somewhere to go to replace that sense of the unknown and follow the rebuilding effort. I've never gone anywhere else since. Time and again, I find what I hope to and so much more posted in this thread. The images shared here are awe-inspiring. And while I cannot think of a better recent example than here of that saying about a picture's worth, the conversation is pretty meaningful too. The way the curious, the guessers, and the experts, the optimistic, the realists, and the occasional downers and whiners, all come together here really is something. So for all the lurkers quietly admiring this place and all its contributors, thank you. You've lifted the cloud and it's beautiful.

#36,215 · (Edited)
So the parapet will not have the same slope as the slanted part of the building?
Will it look like this? (Very exaggerated)

.........l
.........l
........nn
.....l..nn..l
..../........\
.../..........\
../............\
./..............\
l.................l
l.................l
l.................l
l.................l

everyones confusing me
Yes, that is how it will look.

As far as the picture where the parapet is bent, that picture is around 7 years old. You can tell because the spire on that diagram is the original spire design that preceded the shell-encased one, so it is extremely likely it can be incorrect, which it is. Also, the old communications ring is shown rather than the newer design. We have discussed recent diagrams and renderings that show a vertical parapet.

And thanks again Kanto, that would make sense as far as the purpose of the bent beam.

#36,216 ·
But the whole entire parapet structure isn't bent, it's only the corner connection nodes which partially bend about a 3rd of the way up the piece of the perimeter node column.
And which render are you speaking of? The one on the top of this page? Lol that is not 7 years old that is probably only 1 year old or even less, and it shows the antenna that was inside the radome enclosure, which was spoken of back in may. Also that was made by Otie.

#36,219 ·
I discovered this place a while back after struggling to find somewhere to go to replace that sense of the unknown and follow the rebuilding effort. I've never gone anywhere else since. Time and again, I find what I hope to and so much more posted in this thread. The images shared here are awe-inspiring. And while I cannot think of a better recent example than here of that saying about a picture's worth, the conversation is pretty meaningful too. The way the curious, the guessers, and the experts, the optimistic, the realists, and the occasional downers and whiners, all come together here really is something. So for all the lurkers quietly admiring this place and all its contributors, thank you. You've lifted the cloud and it's beautiful.
Well, Welcome :D