217K views 549 replies 55 participants last post by  wakmusang55 
#1 ·
KLUANG ( a.k.a 居銮 ) | Johor | Town & District

I can't figure it out! I took this on the way back to KL from JB
Seems quite populated too!

See less See more
#99 ·
Kepada Golo, ini jumlah restoran F&B femes di Johor:

McD : 33 termasuk yang bakal di bina ini.

KFC : 71

Pizza Hut: 29

Domino's : 11

Vivo Pizza : 4

Tutti Frutti : 18 + 2 bakal di buka

Snogurt : 8

Starbucks: 7

Big Apple : 6

Subway : 3

Baskin Robin : 11

Secret Recipe : 19

Nando's : 4

Manhattan Fish Market : 2

#106 ·
List of famous F&B di Kluang :

Kentucky Fried Chicken 5
McDonald's 1+1 (portal osc dah luluskan)
Pizza Hut 2
Snogurt 1
Tutti Frutti 1
Old Town White Coffee 1
Sushi King 1
Secret Recipe 1
Baskin Robbin 3
Taiwan Street Snacks 1
Marrybrown 4
Domino's 1
Kenny Rogers 1
Big Apple 1
The Chicken Rice Shop 1

#108 ·
^^
Nice pics... Kluang is the place for me to have tea in the evening coz this town have lots of kopitiam cafes scattered everywhere... My fav place is Kluang Rail Coffee at the rail station... The ambiance is so classic which I can't find it in JB... I like it :)

What happen to Carrefour Kluang? Is it open already?

#109 ·
U go to Kluang just for tea? Very rich maa :cheers: . Which route that you usually use? NSE highway or Kulai-Bndar Tenggara-Kluang road?

Kluang is not easy to access. Luckily its people have good amount of spending power which keeps the town running without relying too much on outsiders though I think Batu Pahat economic strength does influence Kluang a lil bit.

#110 ·
^^
not rich maa... Moderate only :lol: I like to used the federal road instead of NSE coz the scenery is much better... That Taman Perumahan near to Kluang Hospital is quite big huh... I think there is no such housing estate like that in Batu Pahat for the time being... Or have one which I didin't notice it? Kluang is a serious threat to BP in terms of economics & quality of life... Nice rivalry we have here in Central Johor :)

#111 ·
^^

U mean the Taman with unique names such as Sapphihe, Sardynx, Claytonix etc?

That huge housing projects is called as Taman Seri Impian by MCHB
http://www.mchb.com.my/tsi/index.asp

Batu Pahat already has Flora Utama which I think is a lower version of JB's Sutera Utama/Bukit Indah and right now, Genting Property group is constructing a new township that is called as Pura Kencana in Batu Pahat. Yes nice rivalries but Batu Pahat still has the upperhand.

#114 ·
It is possible but it'll take quite a long time before a direct/full merge will happen. Developing a 40 km gap between those two towns is no easy task... But 'soft' merge will happen just around 5-10 years from now as the urban sprawl of Batu Pahat has now reached Air Hitam, a town that is located just 15 km from Kluang. Causewaylink, a major bus operator in JB had even started their operations serving the Batu Pahat - Air Hitam route with a 15 minutes frequency, in addition to the already serving Johor Motor bus operator, signalling that the demand for public transport has increased.

http://www.causewaylink.com.my/services.php?id=MThIYU4zMjVJTjNhSA==#/-1/

IMO, BP have better industrial areas than Kluang... If BP-Kluang have a proper highway, I will be super glad... Dual carriageway is enough... Plus tol-free :D

Pic of Batu pahat - Kluang road.

Batu Pahat - Kluang road are dual carriageway but is made up with various road combination.
1/3 ( BP - Parit Raja) = Like that pic.
1/3 ( Parit Raja - Air Hitam ) = Dual carriageway + no dividers + small bahu jalan.
1/3 (Air Hitam - Kluang ) = Dual Carriageway + no dividers + big bahu jalan.

Batu Pahat does have better industrial areas than Kluang, that's why it is the 2nd most developed area in Johor. :cheers:

#115 ·
From Portal OSC

MPK/599/900/KT.66/12 : PERMOHONAN PELAN KERJA TANAH, JALAN DAN PERPARITAN UNTUK CADANGAN PEMBANGUNAN BANGUNAN KOMERSIAL DI ATAS PTD 10772, HS(D) 4066 DAN PTD 10773, HS(D) 4067 TAMAN SERI IMPIAN- IMPIANA SQUARE SELUAS 63.54 EKAR (25.71HA), MUKIM KLUANG, DAERAH KLUANG, JOHOR. oleh MATRIX CONCEPTS SDN. BHD. di Majlis Perbandaran Kluang

http://www.mchb.com.my/tsi/impiana_square.asp

Side-dishes about McD :

PERMOHONAN KEBENARAN MERANCANG MENGIKUT SEKSYEN 21 DI BAWAH AKTA PERANCANGAN BANDAR DAN DESA 1976 (AKTA 172) BAGI TUJUAN MENDIRIKAN SEBUAH BANGUNAN RESTORAN MAKANAN SEGERA MCDONALDS PANDU LALU (DRIVE-THRU) SATU TINGKAT DI ATAS LOT 265 & LOT 343 GM 3095 & GM 3096 JALAN KLUANG-AYER HITAM MUKIM KLUANG DAERAH KLUANG JOHOR DARUL TAKZIM

#120 ·
Wah nice ar Big Apple , leh kautim2 pindah lot bagi Starbuck duduk :lol:. Hmm Baskin Robbin to come? I think all of the lot at the Ground Floor are fully occupied? Then I guess one of the tenants in Kluang Mall will close their outlets. Hopefully it's not Kenny Rogers... Since you are a newbie, I tell you, this forum is quite weird actually. Lots of forumers in here think that MORE F&B OUTLETS = BANDAR ITU MAJU :nuts: .

Any other news on development in Kluang? Any photos here to share?
You share-share la here... :lol: Not many Johor forumers in here. I don't know why. Bring la ur frends to come here, to this forum. :cheers:

Currently,with the exception of all those small taman perumahan projects, I think Kluang only has one big project which is the Taman Seri Impian township near the new Hospital Kluang. I think Kluang has reached a near-stagnant state as what Kluang has right now is in direct proportion with the current population/purchasing power.

This part still looks very rundown. Take some actions town council!
I was waiting for someone to actually comment about the road condition. It's no surprise to see that you were the one who pointed it out Vince :cheers: .

Yes the town council must do something to improve this road. The PBT should also build pedestrian walks to make the area to be more pedestrian friendly. I wouldn't say that Majlis Perbandaran Kluang are doing lousy job in Kluang as Kluang town center is very pedestrian friendly( at Malaysia Standard ) but Kluang, similar like Muar/Segamat/Batu Pahat is relying on private sectors to keep things in order as the state gov completely abandon this town. Without the gov fund, it's hard for the PBT to upgrade/maintain the public road/amenities.

#121 ·
Except of Kluang Town and also those along Jalan Batu Pahat. Kluang really looks very run down.

Well, Just IMO, i think that those well known franchise brand coming to Kluang showed that Kluang still have some market attractiveness and some little space for growth. But, Kluang really relies much on weekend spenders whom are back from others big cities.

My family bought a bungalows in that Taman Sri Impian with quite a low price two years back and I dont really see much of potential the township will be successful in the future as what been told by the developer. But, one thing good about the township is the taman has a well masterplan which we did not see from other little taman around Kluang.

#122 ·
^^

That's why I said, our state gov abandons all the secondary towns in Johor :bash:. Kluang/Batu Pahat/Muar/Segamat, all of em are relying on private sectors to keep their town running. Private sectors will only take care of things that are inside their boundary lots, any more than that, they don't even give a damn about it. In the end, the state gov is the one who need to pull the trigger. But will they pull it? :eek:hno:

How much is the price for the bungalow that ur family bought? Tbh, I think most of the houses in Taman Seri Impian have good design. I like it.

Oh what about the Taman Mengkibol project? Do you know about it? KSL Group (the owner of KSL City JB) is the developer for this project.

http://www.ksl.my/mengkibol/site/

Oh and the abandoned Plaza Bintang Jaya has a new owner I think. I saw some renovation works taking place there. Hopefully they will turn the building into a hotel or office building. I just hope that it's not another shopping mall

#124 ·
^^

That's why I said, our state gov abandons all the secondary towns in Johor :bash:. Kluang/Batu Pahat/Muar/Segamat, all of em are relying on private sectors to keep their town running. Private sectors will only take care of things that are inside their boundary lots, any more than that, they don't even give a damn about it. In the end, the state gov is the one who need to pull the trigger. But will they pull it? :eek:hno:

How much is the price for the bungalow that ur family bought? Tbh, I think most of the houses in Taman Seri Impian have good design. I like it.

Oh what about the Taman Mengkibol project? Do you know about it? KSL Group (the owner of KSL City JB) is the developer for this project.

http://www.ksl.my/mengkibol/site/

Oh and the abandoned Plaza Bintang Jaya has a new owner I think. I saw some renovation works taking place there. Hopefully they will turn the building into a hotel or office building. I just hope that it's not another shopping mall
I think the state and local council in malaysia excluding terengganu and sarawak (because of oil) is not very rich and are unable to maintenance or develop their area, i know some states and council that dont even have enough to pay for gaji.

Others even selangor are just surviving with little to none development and upgrading that they could do. Unless the present tax system continued to favor the fed. nothing will change
And they have to still relies on deals with private sector to provide basic public facilities to it people's

I

#123 ·
Its only about 500k for a 2,800 sf bungalow. the taman mengkibol is also a revised project of long abandoned taman project. Dont really have the chance to view the show unit there, but i think the Taman with most sales is the Taman Kluang Indah at Jalan Yap Tau Sah.

Plaza Bintang Jaya was bought over by MPK and will be new home for MPK by the end of 2013. Lower level of the building will also open some business premises.

#126 ·
I think most PRU project are funded by the federal government. And the fed are the one whose force privatisation of waste mgmt to SWM from the council. And SWM usually come with a yearly bill that even exceed the council income.

That's is the status que. And I guess lots of people don't have the balls to challenge it on the risk of being unpopular with the tax payer and the fed. Thus keep charging low rates, turn a blind eyes on people not paying their due while keeping the same shitty services.

I think now only selangor and melaka sort of escape it. They charge crazy rate, samaning people, charge late pymt interest and goes around sita this, seal that. Rampas those. And I guess it sort of work.

#127 ·
New Shopping Mall in Kluang

PK/599/900/KM.427/13 : Permohonan Pindaan Terhadap Pelan Lulus Bil MPK/BPB/B4/300/12 Bagi Permohonan Kebenaran Merancang Di Bawah Seksyen 21 Akta Perancangan Bandar Dan Desa 1976 (Akta 172) Bagi Cadangan Replanning Untuk Pembangunan 1 Bangunan Perniagaan-Pusat Beli-Belah (Commercial Building-Shopping Centre) Dan 130 Unit Kedai Pejabat Di Atas PT 83226 Hingga PT 83463, PT 83530, PT 83531, PT 83532 Dan PT 83541 Hingga PT 83545 Mukim Kluang Daerah Kluang Negeri Johor Darul Takzim oleh Matrix Concept Sdn Bhd di Majlis Perbandaran Kluang

Still fresh from portal OSC.

#128 ·
PK/599/900/KM.427/13 : Permohonan Pindaan Terhadap Pelan Lulus Bil MPK/BPB/B4/300/12 Bagi Permohonan Kebenaran Merancang Di Bawah Seksyen 21 Akta Perancangan Bandar Dan Desa 1976 (Akta 172) Bagi Cadangan Replanning Untuk Pembangunan 1 Bangunan Perniagaan-Pusat Beli-Belah (Commercial Building-Shopping Centre) Dan 130 Unit Kedai Pejabat Di Atas PT 83226 Hingga PT 83463, PT 83530, PT 83531, PT 83532 Dan PT 83541 Hingga PT 83545 Mukim Kluang Daerah Kluang Negeri Johor Darul Takzim oleh Matrix Concept Sdn Bhd di Majlis Perbandaran Kluang

Still fresh from portal OSC.
bang shadow,

status = approved or reject ?