SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Seattle: 1200 Madison | 17 Stories | U/C

24K views 105 replies 31 participants last post by  Seasun 
#1 ·
#72 ·
It really does look ugly. But I didn't want to say anything.

I will say, however, that I love those little townhouse unit things at the street level. Are they townhouses? Anyway they look really pedestrian-friendly. And it's still great density for a growing city.

#75 ·
I don't think the Coleman's facade is trying to look like bricks, it's completely horizontal stripes with no vertical "mortar". It just happens to be brick colored and I think it looks pretty good. Go look at the pics vashon posted today in the Coleman's thread. It kind of looks like nice house siding without the overlap.

#94 ·
Cornices or similar curvy embellishments should be banned on new buildings when they're just an attempt at copying nearby historic buildings. It would be OK to have bands to differentiate base, middle and top but adding curves to them just looks silly to me when made of precast concrete, GFRG (like fiberglas) or similar modern materials. (I could be talking about Escala here - the worst offender!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.