SkyscraperCity Forum banner

HONG KONG | Nina Tower | 319m | 1047ft | 80 fl | Com

Tags
hong kong
242K views 1K replies 300 participants last post by  christos-greece 
#1 ·
I think special update threads are better for people who want to see how far a project is (now they have to search trough the whole HK update thread).

So here I'll start one about Ninatower, 319 meters tall, now about 200 meters I think:

Update 28-02-2004:

See less See more
#179 ·
Haber said:
Could someone get a map and show where the location of this tower is with respect to the whole Hong Kong area. That would be great.

Aha! So I did see this building coming from the airport!

#193 ·
Nina Tower is very impressive. Locating it in Tsuen Wan is actually very good because it surpasses all the other buildings and it is just the focal point and the landmark of the district. From the Swimming pool in Tierra Verde (The residential complex above Tsing Yi MTR station), I can see that pinnacle rising up with strenth. It creates a very powerful image and makes the building stand out. Positioning it in HK island will just ruin this building and not make it as striking as it can be located in Tsuen Wan.

#198 ·
Nina Tower's setting is quite unique since Tsuen Wan district isn't a major highrise area. Most of the buildings in the core are industrial, but there have been some redevelopments when the KCR West Rail opened a station here last year.

Tsuen Wan used to be along the flight path to Kai Tak Airport, hence like the rest of Kowloon, there were height restrictions. With the construction of Chek Lap Kok Airport came land reclamation, and height restrictions were relaxed. Nina Wang wanted to build the world's tallest building here. Unfortunately, Tsuen Wan is now along the Chek Lap Kok flight path so her plans had to be downsized. Nevertheless, Nina Tower is very noticeable in this district, but perhaps more monster skyscrapers might pop up in the future to give it some company.

There are a few big skyscraper residentials to the right of it already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.