SkyscraperCity Forum banner

CHINA | High Speed Rail

5M views 14K replies 785 participants last post by  gao7 
#1 ·
China & Germany Cooperate for High Speed Rail Development

China, Germany to cooperate on designing high-speed rail technology

BEIJING, June 8 (AFP) - China's Ministry of Railways said Wednesday it had signed a cooperation agreement with Germany's transport ministry for joint development of high-speed rail technology.

In a statement, the ministry said the two countries will strengthen cooperation on "designing and constructing passenger railway lines with designed speeds of 200 kilometers (125 miles) per hour and higher."

Both sides will also improve cooperation on railway equipment design and manufacturing, railway lines and equipment maintenance, information technology and other technologies in the sector.

State media said the agreement signals that Germany's Maglev train builder has made a breakthrough in competition for high-speed rail orders from China against its French and Japanese rivals.

Maglev technology was developed by Transrapid International, a consortium comprising German industrial giants ThyssenKrupp AG and Siemens, and allows trains to barrel at speeds of up to 430 kilometers (270 miles) per hour.

China currently operates a short Maglev line linking Shanghai's new airport to the city.

China planned last year to invest some 130 billion yuan (16 billion dollars) to build a high speed link between Shanghai and Beijing -- a top priority project for the nation.

China has invited tenders from German, Japanese and French firms to build the 1,300-kilometer (810-mile) link.

Preliminary reports last year that Japan's technology was being strongly considered met with fierce criticism from anti-Japanese websites in China.

Japan's "Shinkansen" Bullet Train technology and France's TGV high-speed trains were once thought to be leading candidates for the bid as maglev technology was considered too expensive.

Vice-Premier Huang Ju Tuesday told visiting German Transport Minister Manfred Stolpe that China will strengthen international cooperation to improve construction, equipment and management of the railway sector.

Huang said that China needs to increase railway construction to meet the demands of a fast-growing national economy and will work with other countries to do so.

China has been conducting a massive railways construction program nationwide with the aim to extend its operational track from 75,000 kilometers (46,500 miles) to 100,000 kilometers (62,000 niles) by 2020.

See less See more
#8,722 ·
I have a couple of raw unedited videos from my last week's trip on G79 from Beijing to Guangzhou

Departing Zhengzhou East

Near Zhengzhou

I will edit and upload all my videos and photos some time later but for now all I can say is that the experience of traveling 5000km on the CRH G and D trains (Shenzhen-Beijing-Shanghai-Guangzhou) was amazing. I was really impressed with the service and, of course, the trains and stations. Simply amazing.

#8,724 ·

this map show the original plan,the Purple line atually the best,this line do not pass through the area of the protester,but the several county of Beijing they all wanted this line,in China,the local goverment take any measures to get a HSR line to go through,even Bribe,in this battle,the purple line lose,and the red line win.
then,Beijing needs to build a new station,called Xinghuo railway station,but this line do not connected to other HSR line in Beijing,so the train from Northeast of China can not go to the area in the south,so they plan to updates an old line between Xinghuo station and Beijing railway station,but this line go through lots of apartment area,this is the reason why they protest,and the final solution is the connecting line cancelled,and Xinghuo station is the destination.

#8,726 ·
then,Beijing needs to build a new station,called Xinghuo railway station,but this line do not connected to other HSR line in Beijing,so the train from Northeast of China can not go to the area in the south,so they plan to updates an old line between Xinghuo station and Beijing railway station,but this line go through lots of apartment area,this is the reason why they protest,and the final solution is the connecting line cancelled,and Xinghuo station is the destination.
Meaning the worst solution of all - no connection. Worse than going back to the purple line.
Counties desperately want the line. Are they getting stations, too?

#8,731 ·
so they plan to updates an old line between Xinghuo station and Beijing railway station,but this line go through lots of apartment area,this is the reason why they protest,and the final solution is the connecting line cancelled,and Xinghuo station is the destination.
Hope the Xinghuo-Beijing Station connection eventually gets built in the future.

Meaning the worst solution of all - no connection. Worse than going back to the purple line.
There will be metro connection. who knows it'll be good or bad, it may boost district economy around Xinghuo and lessen downtown traffic in a sense.

#8,733 ·
Since I've moved to Tongzhou I would be biased, but yes I concur with the rest of you, the purple line would be vastly better, more needed and more popular.

As is there are now a good number of poorly connected terminal stations that are neither where people live nor where they work.

If I get the rumours right the Zhangjiakou HSR line will end in Beijing North and Tangshan HSR may have its terminus in Tongzhou (if that is true, better not depart/arrive in the rush hour). If so, that would mean miserable disconnectivity in the capital.

The re-routed Shenyang line missed not just the CBD/center, but also the chance of having a Shanghai Hongqiao-like airport/railway connection (though admittedly that would probably have been a whole lot more expensive than the current line).

#8,734 · (Edited)
HSR-metro(-metro)-HSR is not a very convenient way of transfer, especially with luggage. A direct transfer would be be better. That notwithstanding, this is my non-complete list of HSR stations in Beijing province and metro connections, around 2020:

Beijing South HSR: 7 and 14
Beijing West HSR: 7 and 9
Beijing station (not HSR): 2
Beijing North (not currently HSR): In walking distance from Xizhimen (2, 4, 13)
Xinghuo HSR: Supposed to link up with 3, presumably Pingfang station; 20?
Fengtai may become HSR station, unclear for what line. Is on the 10 line
Shunyi HSR: Maybe 17 and/or Northern line
Huairou, Miyun HSR: Unknown
Yizhuang HSR: Not opened/not opening? Connects with Yizhuang and 21.
Tongzhou: Currently unconnected, an HSR station further east might be connected with 21

Source/acknowledgement: I/we have made a Google metro map over Beijing 2020-ish. It has been improved by anonymous/unknown contributor(s), Google Mapsengine isn't ideal for collaborative projects so I don't know who else have helped, thanks anyway. If you can improve it further, please do.

It is largely the same as the below:

Beijing metro map by the end of 2014

[Big map]

map made by punch, ditiezu.com

#8,736 ·
I have a couple of raw unedited videos from my last week's trip on G79 from Beijing to Guangzhou

Departing Zhengzhou East

Near Zhengzhou

I will edit and upload all my videos and photos some time later but for now all I can say is that the experience of traveling 5000km on the CRH G and D trains (Shenzhen-Beijing-Shanghai-Guangzhou) was amazing. I was really impressed with the service and, of course, the trains and stations. Simply amazing.
China looks so science fiction :drool:

#8,737 ·
I've already asked this in another thread about Lanzhou-Urumqi line. What services and speeds will the line provide once fully opened? Will it have G services and will they go at 300km/h or is this going to be a 200-250km/h line? The information that has been circulating so far is contradictory.

#8,738 ·
I've already asked this in another thread about Lanzhou-Urumqi line. What services and speeds will the line provide once fully opened? Will it have G services and will they go at 300km/h or is this going to be a 200-250km/h line? The information that has been circulating so far is contradictory.
design for 350km/h,but adjusted to 200~250km/h,no G service.

#8,739 ·
design for 350km/h,but adjusted to 200~250km/h,no G service.
That's a bit disappointing. I did have suspicions that it would not run at 300km/h based on somewhat inconclusive information that was available since at least a few years back. Now to make it completely clear what is the maximum speed that commercial services will run on it? Is it 200km/h or 250km/h?

I wonder if there are any plans or at least mentions of 300km/h speeds in the future in the Chinese language news media?

#8,740 ·
That's a bit disappointing. I did have suspicions that it would not run at 300km/h based on somewhat inconclusive information that was available since at least a few years back.

I wonder if there are any plans or at least mentions of a 300km/h speeds in the future in the Chinese language news media?
it will run 300km/h in the future,after all this line has a curve of 7000m,but that will be in the long long …future.