SkyscraperCity Forum banner
181 - 200 of 395 Posts
I doubt China will be leading superpower. Maybe is huge, but the world belongs to white man; all americas, europe and part of the asia. No one allows Chinese to be a leading superpower. USA can(and will) double its population with no problem. Australia can reach over 150mln with no problem.
China has huge population, but it's overcrowded now when especially both americas and australia have a great potencial to increase population
Unfortunatelly even people in Africa speak english or french not chinese!
Chinese would be leading power if you restarted your Civilization game and ruled the world before the white man did, in order that people in both americas looked chinese.
English speaking India will be more and more powerful.
Biggest companies comes from USA or EU, thanks to Chinese boom they will become more and more powerful bringing more and more money to USA and EU.
The most important thing: China needs oil who is in the USA and UE hand and nothing will change in that matter.
It was said that Japan will be a competitor to USA, and what is now? Even "tiny" UK develops more quickly than Japan now.

But this was not my intention. I'd like to say that i'm very impressed seeing chinese developing so fast. But you must now the fact that in democratic countries goverment can loose the authority very fast if he doesn't care about interes of specified social group. Do you think that poor people in west and middle China wouldn't stop to fund the new infrastructure in the eastern cities,by their cost, if they only could? In democracy goverment that want to keep the power would have to care about electorate from poorer areas and it'd slow the progress like you have now.
OMG..... seriously... I forgot the name of my account and I reactivate just so I could reply to your utter stupidity. Firstly, there is no need to be racist here and say the world belongs to 'Whiteman'... the world belongs to everyone. No one allows China to be a leading power... lol you obviously have no clue as to what is going on today in international politics. Alot of governments are accommodating Beijing, why wouldn’t they? The economic gains are too good to miss. Australia and US can double their population easily???? Australia 150 million people...... BAHAHAHAHAHA... I live in Australia and we have what is called an 'aging population'. 150 million is far from dreams - that’s how wrong you are. Our population is 23 million~ish. Seriously.. do some research before you make comments of that nature.

About people speaking Chinese... take a look and find out which language is most widely spoken... Mandarin is up there ;) and actually, just so you can learn something more, Chinese firms are actually participating in the establishment of mining industry in Africa because China needs resources.. so actually their investing a bit in Africa - and that means more and more Africans will need to learn Chinese ( in the long run, not atm).

About India... yes India has potential - but it needs far more work than China. India needs major infrastructure to be developed... most parts of India don’t even have a sewage system.

As far as the battle of Oil... well that’s a little hard to say, but oil wont be that important in the future... fuel cell cars will be the thing, but anyway, Russia has huge amounts of resources that China is happy to pay for. The Chinese government is smart enough to work out the oil issue.

lol @ the comment about Japan. Japan is still competing with USA. Japan is still one of the biggest economies in the world. Japan has issues that it needs to fix, but the whole tiny UK thing... please do some research - UK is not tiny...

In the future don’t make such stupid and knowledge lacking comments.
Out of interest are you a white supremacist?

_docomo said:
OMG..... seriously... I forgot the name of my account and I reactivate just so I could reply to your utter stupidity. Firstly, there is no need to be racist here and say the world belongs to 'Whiteman'... the world belongs to everyone. No one allows China to be a leading power... lol you obviously have no clue as to what is going on today in international politics. Alot of governments are accommodating Beijing, why wouldn’t they? The economic gains are too good to miss. Australia and US can double their population easily???? Australia 150 million people...... BAHAHAHAHAHA... I live in Australia and we have what is called an 'aging population'. 150 million is far from dreams - that’s how wrong you are. Our population is 23 million~ish. Seriously.. do some research before you make comments of that nature.

About people speaking Chinese... take a look and find out which language is most widely spoken... Mandarin is up there ;) and actually, just so you can learn something more, Chinese firms are actually participating in the establishment of mining industry in Africa because China needs Africans will need to learn Chinese ( in the long run, not atm).

About India... yes India has potential - but it needs far more work than China. India needs major infrastructure to be developed... most parts of India don’t even have a sewage system.

As far as the battle of Oil... well that’s a little hard to say, but oil wont be that important in the future... fuel cell cars will be the thing, but anyway, Russia has huge amounts of resources that China is happy to pay for. The Chinese government is smart enough to work out the oil issue.

lol @ the comment about Japan. Japan is still competing with USA. Japan is still one of the biggest economies in the world. Japan has issues that it needs to fix, but the whole tiny UK thing... please do some research - UK is not tiny...

In the future don’t make such stupid and knowledge lacking comments.
Out of interest are you a white supremacist?
Agree with you entirely Docomo, that was a bloody stupid post. China will become a superpower - it has one quarter of the worlds population and posts double figure growth year on year, and that won't stop anytime soon because they are investing so much in infrastructure. For god's sake this is a skyscraper website - if you want to see China's current position just look at the skyscrapers! Most financial reports (for the CIA, london stock exchange, the UK government etc) suggest that China's economy will overtake the USA by 2050.
And they have power - if the Chinese govt stopped exports where would that leave Apple, IBM, Intel,AMD, Siemens, every other western company? They are one of the only countries in the world with the abililty to self sustain its energy needs apart from that of fossil-fuel transprt, (they are building masses of coal power stations and have the highest potential for hydro electric power in the world - source CIA website).

And P.S. australia - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! so it can easily gain a larger population than Japan can it, which is itself larger (population) than Australia, Canada and the UK combined!?!?!?!? (Not dissing Australia in any way when I say that though).
Idiot, IDIOT.

boogo said:
I doubt China will be leading superpower. Maybe is huge, but the world belongs to white man; all americas, europe and part of the asia. No one allows Chinese to be a leading superpower. USA can(and will) double its population with no problem. Australia can reach over 150mln with no problem.
China has huge population, but it's overcrowded now when especially both americas and australia have a great potencial to increase population
Unfortunatelly even people in Africa speak english or french not chinese!
Chinese would be leading power if you restarted your Civilization game and ruled the world before the white man did, in order that people in both americas looked chinese.
English speaking India will be more and more powerful.
Biggest companies comes from USA or EU, thanks to Chinese boom they will become more and more powerful bringing more and more money to USA and EU.
The most important thing: China needs oil who is in the USA and UE hand and nothing will change in that matter.
It was said that Japan will be a competitor to USA, and what is now? Even "tiny" UK develops more quickly than Japan now.

But this was not my intention. I'd like to say that i'm very impressed seeing chinese developing so fast. But you must now the fact that in democratic countries goverment can loose the authority very fast if he doesn't care about interes of specified social group. Do you think that poor people in west and middle China wouldn't stop to fund the new infrastructure in the eastern cities,by their cost, if they only could? In democracy goverment that want to keep the power would have to care about electorate from poorer areas and it'd slow the progress like you have now.

1) There's no chance that USA can double its population in a short time. Ditto for Australia (from 24M to 150M - thats crazy)
2) Japan is a powerful economy and a significant country. However no-one ever seriously expected that it would match USA. With only 120 million population Japan can only be regional power.
3) China can be superpower because it combines two key factors: it has both large population and rapid economy growth. Even with relatively low GDP per capita it is number of those capitas that make economy so big. Of course China needs modernization, new technologies etc. Resources will also be an issue in the near future.

Look at theses pics:

and:

In terms of PPP china will soon be #1 economy in the world. In nominal figures - it'll take them more time, but make no mistake about it - it's only a matter of time, unless some disaster happens.

I'm British and live in Guangzhou. This truely an amazing time to be a Chinese resident. The whole place is developing at a pace. It all feels very exciting and positive. There are even people of other races (black and middle eastern) who seem to be emigrating here. The main bad points about the place is pollution and small living areas. Many, many good points however including amazing food and everything being so inexpensive.

China is the next superpower - no question. Don't fear it go with it. I hope China continues to open up and to welcome freedom for its people and a good relationship with the West especially (from my perspective) the UK!!

Long live China, long live the UK.

comrade7 said:
1) There's no chance that USA can double its population in a short time. Ditto for Australia (from 24M to 150M - thats crazy)
2) Japan is a powerful economy and a significant country. However no-one ever seriously expected that it would match USA. With only 120 million population Japan can only be regional power.
3) China can be superpower because it combines two key factors: it has both large population and rapid economy growth. Even with relatively low GDP per capita it is number of those capitas that make economy so big. Of course China needs modernization, new technologies etc. Resources will also be an issue in the near future.

Look at theses pics:

and:

In terms of PPP china will soon be #1 economy in the world. In nominal figures - it'll take them more time, but make no mistake about it - it's only a matter of time, unless some disaster happens.
Ok, I expressed unclearly. I meant USA or Australia have still capaticy to maintan population much higher than now. Scientists estimated Australia could handle with 150 mln people living in prosperity. China will be major player on world stage because of its population, culture of work (i admire that) and agressive-ambitious politic of chinese goverment(i have mixed feeling about that, but from economic point of view they're doing great work no doubt). But let's face true.. by superpower I mean country with unquestioned military standing in the world, country that controls oil and other valuable resources and the country with multicultural population. Those condictions are needed to be a superpower nowadays.

boogo said:
Ok, I expressed unclearly. I meant USA or Australia have still capaticy to maintan population much higher than now. Scientists estimated Australia could handle with 150 mln people living in prosperity. China will be major player on world stage because of its population, culture of work (i admire that) and agressive-ambitious politic of chinese goverment(i have mixed feeling about that, but from economic point of view they're doing great work no doubt). But let's face true.. by superpower I mean country with unquestioned military standing in the world, country that controls oil and other valuable resources and the country with multicultural population. Those condictions are needed to be a superpower nowadays.
Military power is correlated with economic power. The same for multi-cultural society (it is strong economy that attracts people from other countries). Give China 20-30 years and we'll all see... If there hadn't been comunist rule - mainland china would be now like Taiwan (which would make it 2-3 times stronger than USA in every aspect - econo, military, etc.)... They need a few decades to catch up, but I have no doubt they'll do.

Awesome masterplans. Love them.

I have been in Shenzhen and Beijing.

What i like:
the big amount of construction
the nice design of the new skyscrapers
the height of the skyscrapers

What i don`t like:
skyscraper sprawl. 20fl skyscrapers standing even at the edge of the city.
the design of some old skyscrapers

What Chinese cities need with a big amount of tall skyscrapers.

China, USA, EU, ASEAN, & India will all be Superpowers by 2050...:)

Time to close this thread? It is so out of topic.

So China is having a makeover. After 40 years or so of cheap and bad make up, it is about time for a quick facial. Now, all you guys need to do is wait until curtain time. The show is about to start. Until then, hold on to your tickets. ;)

Thank you, my British friend...Guangzhou is my hometown, it is the third largest city in China in terms of economic and still booming with 14.2% annual GDP growth rate...new CBD is u/c...Lots of funny stuffs...
There is a famous Chinese saying, "Guangzhou is the food heaven".

I am now living in Canada but I go back Guangzhou every year. Maybe we can have fun together next time:)

Btw, when travelling to HongKong, I can see the amazing arhivements(laws, infrastructure, transportation) made by the Brithish government during the colonization period.

IMO, China always wants to be a friend of Europe. I don't see any Chinese having negative impressions about the Europe countries.
LDN_EUROPE said:
I'm British and live in Guangzhou. This truely an amazing time to be a Chinese resident. The whole place is developing at a pace. It all feels very exciting and positive. There are even people of other races (black and middle eastern) who seem to be emigrating here. The main bad points about the place is pollution and small living areas. Many, many good points however including amazing food and everything being so inexpensive.

China is the next superpower - no question. Don't fear it go with it. I hope China continues to open up and to welcome freedom for its people and a good relationship with the West especially (from my perspective) the UK!!

Long live China, long live the UK.

malec said:
:yawn: Another China vs USA argument
NO KIDDING, seriously people should just get over it and just enjoy all the project, whether china will become a superpower or not, time shall reveal itself.
Btw, its all great seeing these amazing projects, but they seems to be all concentrated in the two deltas and the only northern city that got a share was beijing and tianjin. Wheres qingdao and all the big cities in the northeast and west, so much regional inequality is dangerious. Deng xiaoping himself was very worried about the difference in growth between the north and south.

gaoanyu said:
It doesn't have another choice though, it has to be economically, politically and militarily strong, for a country with such population and land mass. Then how do you define a superpower?
China will be a non-aggressive superpower.

The most important evidence is that "China"中国means "Middle Kingdom" in chinese. Our ancients thought we lived in the center of the world(well, seems to be "true" if we take a look at the world map) and other countries were "barbarism" place and not suitable for Chinese (Sorry, my words are not that accurate, maybe someone else can help me explain it)

This thought has been existed in Chinese's hearts for 5,000 years. That is why China didn't invade or conquer other countries even when it was the most powerful(economic, population, military, everything) country few hundreds years ago.

Some countries(or I should say minority) did try to invade China but later on these countries dissappeared because they all became Chinese. The most powerful weapon of China is neither military nor economie, but its culture, including language, characters, food, history and philosophy. Chinese culture influenced the south and east Asia(especially Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese and Singapore) during the last few thousands of years.

China will never be an aggressive country, it will just focus on the domestic development for a very long time

China Skyscrapers are very nice. How ever, they still lack some traditional elements in the design of the supertalls. I would prefer our traditional elements coexist with the beauty of supertalls.

By the way, I am a Malaysian Chinese. My ancestors are from Fujian. Nice to meet you guys and hope more facinating renderings and master plans will be posted on this thread. Some notable forumers have done a good job in "researching" the masterplanning such as Zorg.....

These are the words for the Chinese Forumers...
这是给我中国的同胞的一些话,

以德服人,自力更生,自强不息,延续我们五千年的优良美德,让中华文化世世代代都传下去,发扬光大。

Thanks...Hope to see more renderings in the future...

I don't like superpower, it is always hated by others...

Quality life is more important than anything, go on China... :)

181 - 200 of 395 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.