#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

See less See more
#2,643 ·
That's the relevant question answer.
Meanwhile, I'd been hoping somebody else would beat me to this :|
  • leading by example, thereby demonstrating reconversion possible
  • industry advancement

But reconversion's not ambitious enough, i.e., per Line 1's automation:

• the furtherance of the RATP custom culture at embarking on lucrative consultations
  • payroll eliminations
  • union-busting

#2,644 ·
Meanwhile, I'd been hoping somebody else would beat me to this :|
  • leading by example, thereby demonstrating reconversion possible
  • industry advancement

But reconversion's not ambitious enough, i.e., per Line 1's automation:

• the furtherance of the RATP custom culture at embarking on lucrative consultations
  • payroll eliminations
  • union-busting
I'm not following what you mean. Could you please explain?

#2,645 · (Edited)
^^ I haven't heard of any renovation for the line 9 platforms of Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Thank you Minato. :)

================

46arthurdu is continuing to upload the videos of Line 8. Please see Post #2449 (Link below) for links to all of the videos. As of 11/21, he has uploaded all 5 parts.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=85431749&postcount=2449

As I have been told, Line 7 will be next to be filmed, then Line 9. Lines 1, 4, and 12 will be done during summer/fall 2012.

#2,648 ·
Much of the RATP culture focusses on consulting other transit authorities (Montreal's one). I am merely coupling their rationale at reverting Line 11 to conventional traction to their rationale that probably explains why Line 1 has been automated. (Co-?)incidentally, I might be cheekily questioning the Republic's usage of the French term Autonome at naming its transit-operating authorities. Furthermore, I recall a conversation I had with the wife to a brilliant engineer many years ago about the following LIM traction:

^^ Detroit's "People Mover"......^^ Toronto's "SRT" (soon to be abolished)............^^ Vancouver's "SkyTrain"
"... It's Canadian," I replied.
"It's French," she quipped.
"It was developed by that Ontario crown corporation ... what's it's name [UTDC] ... "
"No, it's French," she snapped.
Globalisation's been around millenia (otherwise nobody'd have seriously bothered encountering the Americas) ... it's its muddling layers that probably confounds us.

#2,649 ·
Much of the RATP culture focusses on consulting other transit authorities (Montreal's one).
I don't know whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing. Even too much consultation would be better than complete insularity, repeating the mistakes which others have already learned from.

I am merely coupling their rationale at reverting Line 11 to conventional traction to their rationale that probably explains why Line 1 has been automated.
I don't see how these two things are connected. From my perspective as a passenger, the change I most urgently want to see from the Paris metro is complete automation of all the lines so that we can get to work without worrying about someone else trying to disrupt our lives in order to squeeze even more blood from the taxpayers. Compared to the importance of automation, I wouldn't care if the metro were to run on wooden wheels.

(Co-?)incidentally, I might be cheekily questioning the Republic's usage of the French term Autonome at naming its transit-operating authorities.
I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Furthermore, I recall a conversation I had with the wife to a brilliant engineer many years ago about the following LIM traction:
"... It's Canadian," I replied.
"It's French," she quipped.
"It was developed by that Ontario crown corporation ... what's it's name [UTDC] ... "
"No, it's French," she snapped.
[/INDENT]
Globalisation's been around millenia (otherwise nobody'd have seriously bothered encountering the Americas) ... it's its muddling layers that probably confounds us.
I have no idea what this has to do with steel wheels versus pneumatic tires. I don't care if the trains are built in France, Canada, Africa, Asia, or Antarctica if they are the best trains for the money.

#2,651 ·
From my perspective as a passenger, the change I most urgently want to see from the Paris metro is complete automation of all the lines so that we can get to work without worrying about someone else trying to disrupt our lives in order to squeeze even more blood from the taxpayers.
Automatic metro can't roll without the system controllers in their places. So you're still depeding of metro employees.

It's obvius that it's easer to negotiate with 2 employees instead of 40, but they're still there and they have more influence over the line. You could greatly reduce your worry, but keep a little bit of it.

#2,653 ·
trainrover, the line 11 will be re-converted in a steel wheeled line because it is isolated to the other rubber tired lines.
Secondly this line is small and its size will almost double with its eastern extension.

Automatic metro can't roll without the system controllers in their places. So you're still depeding of metro employees.

It's obvius that it's easer to negotiate with 2 employees instead of 40, but they're still there and they have more influence over the line. You could greatly reduce your worry, but keep a little bit of it.
True that's why in completly driverless network like Lille or Toulouse often shut down during strike.
Paris metro has many agents, it can always find some people to manage its driverless lines.

Anyway it been a long time that we haven't see a serious strike in Paris metro, the last one was in 2007.
Now even during strike there are always more than the half of the train running.
In October 2010, when all the international news titred "France in fire", the metro run almost normaly.

#2,654 ·
^^
That is always a good thing to have at least some service run in Paris during strikes.

The day I visited Paris back in March, 2009 was the day after the city had a riot and strike. My friend was stuck on the Metro for hours cause only half the trains were running and were severely crowded. She missed her flight from CDG as a result.

#2,657 · (Edited)
Below is the listing of all of the lines that have been filmed by 46arthurdu thus far, including links to all of the videos.

UPDATED 03/22/12.

Westbound (HD)
Part 1: Château de Vincennes >> Gare de Lyon
Part 2: Gare de Lyon >> Palais Royal-Musée du Louvre
Part 3: Palais Royal-Musée du Louvre >> Charles de Gaulle-Étoile Re-upload: There was a mistake in the opening captions & title of the original video, so he had to take the original video down, make edits, and re-upload the revised one.
Part 4: CDG-Étoile >> La Défense

Eastbound (HD)
Part 1: Porte Dauphine >> Villiers
Part 2: Villiers >> Barbès-Rochechouart
Part 3: Barbès-Rochechouart >> Couronnes
Part 4: Couronnes >> Nation

Westbound (HD)
Part 1: Galliéni >> République
Part 2: République >> Saint Lazare
Part 3: St-Lazare >> Porte de Champerret
Part 4: Porte de Champerret >> Pont de Levallois-Bécon

Northbound
Entire Line: Gambetta - Porte des Lilas

Northbound
Part 1: Place d'Italie >> Bastille
Part 2: Bastille >> Gare de l'Est
Part 3: Gare de l'Est >> Porte de Pantin
Part 4: Porte de Pantin >> Bobigny-Pablo Picasso

Westbound (HD)
Part 1: Nation >> Bercy
Part 2: Bercy >> Denfert-Rochereau
Part 3: Denfert-Rochereau >> La Motte Picquet-Grenelle
Part 4: La Motte Picquet G. >> Charles de Gaulle-Etoile

The Line 7 videos include both branches. Part 5A is the Ivry branch and Part 5B is the Villejuif branch.

Southbound (HD)
Part 1: La Courneuve – 8 mai 1945 >> Stalingrad
Part 2: Stalingrad >> Opera
Part 3: Opera >> Jussieu
Part 4: Jussieu >> Maison Blanche
Part 5A: Maison Blanche >> Mairie d'Ivry
Part 5B: Maison Blanche >> Villejuif - Louis Aragon

These videos are in 2 parts, but each video is filmed traveling in one direction due to the loop in the line.

Eastbound (HD)
Part 1: Louis Blanc - Pré St-Gervais

Westbound (HD)
Part 2: Pré St-Gervais - Botzaris

The Line 8 videos include the recently opened Pointe du Lac station in the Creteil district.

Eastbound (HD)
Part 1: Balard >> Concorde
Part 2: Concorde >> République
Part 3: République >> Rueilly-Diderot
Part 4: Reuilly-Diderot >> Ecole V. de Maisons-Alfort
Part 5: Ecole V. de Maisons-Alfort >> Creteil - Pointe du Lac

Due to the loop in the line, Parts 3 & 4 show each direction on the loop.

Westbound (HD)
Part 1: Gare d'Austerlitz - Sèvres-Babylone
Part 2: Sèvres-Babylone - Javel-André Citröen http://youtu.be/FRK774hrhZs
Part 3: J.-André Citröen - Boulogne-P. de St-Cloud
Part 4: B.-Pont de St-Cloud - J.-André Citröen

Northbound (HD)
Part 1: Châtelet - Belleville
Part 2: Belleville - Mairie des Lilas

The Line 13 videos include both branches. Part 4A is the Asnières-Genevillers branch & Part 4B is the Saint Denis branch.

Northbound (HD)
Part 1: Châtillon-Montrouge - Montparnasse-Bienvenüe
Part 2: Montparnasse-Bienvenüe - Saint Lazare
Part 3: St-Lazare - La Fourche
Part 4A: La Fourche - Asnières-Genevillers
Part 4B: La Fourche - St. Denis

Originally, only the northbound direction was filmed in one taping and is not in HD. The line was recently filmed in the southbound direction and is in HD.

Northbound: Entire Line: Olympiades - Saint Lazare

Southbound - Part 1 (HD): Saint Lazare >> Gare de Lyon
Southbound - Part 2 (HD): Gare de Lyon >> Olympiades

====Unfilmed Lines====
*Summer/Fall, 2012

*2013??
(re-upload, because the original video was not in HD. Plus when the line is re-filmed, there will be more MF01 operating)

(re-upload, also because the original video was not in HD).

From this point onward, I will simply update this post when new videos are uploaded.

====================================================================
Busfotodotnl's videos:

Eastbound (HD)
Entire Line: La Défense >> Château de Vincennes