SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The Incredible Neighbourhoods of Hamilton

256K views 874 replies 77 participants last post by  flar 
#1 · (Edited)
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

One of the most interesting cities in Canada from an urban perspective, Hamilton is filled with distinctive neighbourhoods. I've photographed many of them over the past couple years and I've decided to share them in this thread. I'll post one tour now, and if there are enough replies to get to the next page of the thread I'll post another one, and another one, and so on (I can't just post like 200 pics on one page or it would be impossible to look at!).

So check back often. If you like urban neighbourhoods, streetcar suburbs, Victorian rows, working class vernacular, mansions, shopping districts and a wide variety of residential architecture you won't be disappointed
:)

See less See more
#641 ·
Landsdale
Hamilton, Ontario

Landsdale is an old working class neighbourhood in Hamilton's inner city. The neighbourhood features a great variety of late
Victorian townhouses packed tightly together. Landsdale is largely intact and has a relatively impressive population density of
18,211 per square mile(7,030 per sq km) over approximately sixty blocks.

Satellite view:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.